BBC - Bring Back Convoy

Started by CarlJohnson, April 30, 2015, 17:05

Ethan

Quote from: Xero on May 17, 2015, 04:16
Mappers/Scripters need to find a reason to stay or just move on as well.

if scripters were motivated to script, mappers might be motivated to map as well... mappers need scripters to help put the map in game, as in, make the load points, add shops/gas stations, parking etc..etc.. We all did Sandus Expansion but Joshy doesnt want to help us.

Hobo

Quote from: Ethan on May 17, 2015, 14:49

if scripters were motivated to script, mappers might be motivated to map as well... mappers need scripters to help put the map in game, as in, make the load points, add shops/gas stations, parking etc..etc.. We all did Sandus Expansion but Joshy doesnt want to help us.
Well he's not a scripter so...

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

CarlJohnson

Joshy did something for that but you guys pushed the map before he could even finish which ofcourse killed his mood and made him angry. We did thought of few temporary as well as permanent solutions, but since Joshy doesn't script anymore, I shall talk to other scripters when they get time.
And like I earlier said for the time being you guys should organise your board and fix the bugs which are pending. You can PM me after you finish the existing bugs so I can inform you about the non-reported ones :)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Ethan

Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 17, 2015, 15:04
Joshy did something for that but you guys pushed the map before he could even finish

you have no clue what happened, plus Benny was the sole person to "push" the update to josh, but instead went behind his back to SandMan because Josh wouldnt upload it.

AMG

Thought this was made to have more convoys online .. not to blame scripters or mappers :D but is  fun reading (i dont read that 1.2.3.4.5.6.7 things)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

sorin

Joshy did something for that but you guys pushed the map before he could even finish which ofcourse killed his mood and made him angry. We did thought of few temporary as well as permanent solutions, but since Joshy doesn't script anymore, I shall talk to other scripters when they get time.
And like I earlier said for the time being you guys should organise your board and fix the bugs which are pending. You can PM me after you finish the existing bugs so I can inform you about the non-reported ones :)
Let it go, you're trying too much.

Ethan

Quote from: Joshy on May 15, 2015, 19:35
Quote from: lerdi on May 15, 2015, 18:31
I think that big refreshment would be to make new server with some changes...that would attract new players and be new challenge to old players..
Try finding someone who is skilled enough to work on the gamemode and has enough motivation to actually go ahead and work on it.
Answer is: there isn't anyone. There used to be people motivated enough to script, like me, but honestly I don't see any point anymore.
^this^

it was about bigger convoys or at least trying to bring them back but if noone is motivated enough or has enough time, nothing will happen

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Ethan on May 17, 2015, 17:44
Joshy did something for that but you guys pushed the map before he could even finish

you have no clue what happened, plus Benny was the sole person to "push" the update to josh, but instead went behind his back to SandMan because Josh wouldnt upload it.
I definitely know what happened, anyway instead of blaming each other and arguing on what occurred in past, we should work as team and support each other making the environment a less tensed.

Quote from: AMG on May 17, 2015, 17:52
Thought this was made to have more convoys online .. not to blame scripters or mappers :D but is  fun reading (i dont read that 1.2.3.4.5.6.7 things)
You're wrong, if you've read the previous posts then you should see that this isn't only about Convoys but about the whole Server!

Quote from: Sorin on May 17, 2015, 17:54

Let it go, you're trying too much.
It doesn't harm anyone does it?

Quote from: Ethan on May 17, 2015, 17:55
Quote from: Joshy on May 15, 2015, 19:35
Quote from: lerdi on May 15, 2015, 18:31
I think that big refreshment would be to make new server with some changes...that would attract new players and be new challenge to old players..
Try finding someone who is skilled enough to work on the gamemode and has enough motivation to actually go ahead and work on it.
Answer is: there isn't anyone. There used to be people motivated enough to script, like me, but honestly I don't see any point anymore.
^this^

it was about bigger convoys or at least trying to bring them back but if noone is motivated enough or has enough time, nothing will happen
Same thing I said to AMG,  its not only about Convoys, We'll get people motivated again!!
Just have a little faith
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

lerdi

i didnt read all from my last comment only some things but if we want to do something i think we need to start right now..collect few peoples who know how to set things and who want to do that..I am first who will help in something new but my problem is that i dont know anything about scripting,moding etc.. but for sure i would help with things i know how to do...and i think this is the last hope of salvation before server dies..if you collect few peoples who know to script and other needed things contact me i will help with ideas and other stuff i can help with...

PewDiePie

This sounds interesting but I don't fond people for convoys :c :like:

CarlJohnson

Quote from: lerdi on May 19, 2015, 11:43
i didnt read all from my last comment only some things but if we want to do something i think we need to start right now..collect few peoples who know how to set things and who want to do that..I am first who will help in something new but my problem is that i dont know anything about scripting,moding etc.. but for sure i would help with things i know how to do...and i think this is the last hope of salvation before server dies..if you collect few peoples who know to script and other needed things contact me i will help with ideas and other stuff i can help with...
We don't need people who can script and map, instead we need people who can make server a fun place.
Currently server/community gives more priority to money than to fun, but things are changing, I've seen people getting more interested in convoy rather than working alone.
A little support is what they all need !
Quote from: PewDiePie on May 26, 2015, 21:44
This sounds interesting but I don't fond people for convoys :c :like:
You may find some people fond of convoys while some aren't.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Mr.majmun

Lately I have seen that there is a convoy of about 5-6 players pretty much every day and they last some hours :)
Other thing about convoys is, that people sometimes just join them for bonus money and then they race instead of driving together and waiting for each other.
My idea of an ideal convoy is that all of them drive together, help each other and do some fun stuff(off-roading, some drifting maybe when waiting for others, alcatraz tours...).
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.