News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

"Unacceptable" nickname issue

Started by jNsN, August 28, 2021, 21:42

jNsN

Good evening,

Whenever I try to play while connected to my home wi-fi, an "unacceptable nickname" message appears after a while (I'm able to login and even play for a couple of minutes before it happens). It has been happening ever since I moved.
I've never had this kind of issue and I can play just fine at my mother's house or with my 4g hotspot (which doesn't provide a quite stable connection). Also, it only happens in CT.

Well, if anyone's ever had this issue, I'd be happy to know how to fix it, please.

Note: I've already installed SAMP addon and a VPN, they didn't work.

Sjomp

I've moved this to the help section as other players can help you also then.
This is what I found: https://forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=59323.0

Maybe next time when you get the "Lost connection to the server. Reconnecting..." message, do ctrl+esc out and check on samp if it still shows you online.
It could be because you reconnect but the server didn't kick you yet, so you join a 2nd time with same name.

I'm not sure if the 50 days uptime of the server would be the problem for you here, but I will restart the server when it's nearly empty soon.
Maybe this will solve the bug for you then?

Nado

give up m8 and gogogo ctzin on 4g
S A N  A N D R E A S  G L O B A L  C A R G O™
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

jNsN

In short: Still couldn't solve it though I could understand what goes on.

Quote from: Sjomp on August 29, 2021, 12:32

Maybe next time when you get the "Lost connection to the server. Reconnecting..." message, do ctrl+esc out and check on samp if it still shows you online.
It could be because you reconnect but the server didn't kick you yet, so you join a 2nd time with same name.

That explains the reason why the message is shown. I checked and SAMP still recognizes me as online for some time after I time out (not very long though).

Quote from: Sjomp on August 29, 2021, 12:32
I'm not sure if the 50 days uptime of the server would be the problem for you here, but I will restart the server when it's nearly empty soon.
Maybe this will solve the bug for you then?

Well, I'd be glad if you'd do that if you haven't yet... Might help. Thanks.

Quote from: R3kT on June 27, 2020, 20:34
Ensure you are not using any disallowed characters in your name (use 0-9, a-z, [], (), $, @, ., _ and = only), and your name is no longer than 20 characters. This also could be caused when a player is on a server with the same name as you (which can happen if you re-join a server very soon after timing out or crashing). Also a Windows server running SA-MP with a uptime greater than 50 days can cause this bug.

All compliant, the info about rejoining too soon/with delayed recognition is the most prominent cause. I just don't know what to do about it to be honest... I'll be looking for more alternatives and reply once I get anything new.

Quote from: R3kT on June 27, 2020, 20:34
-Re-install SAMP, delete "gta_sa.set".

Done, no success either.

Anyway... Thanks for now... If you guys come up with any other ideas please lemme know.

Regards.

jNsN