News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

School laptop

Started by Boy, December 12, 2013, 10:23

Boy

Hi, i need to replace my desktop with a laptop which i also could use at school.
I am not really familiar with hardware so please help me.

At the moment i am thinking about this:
Windows 8.1 64
4th generation Intel® Core™ i7-4800MQ Processor
Included 2 Year Warranty
Intel® HD Graphics
17.3-inch diagonal Full HD LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080) Touchscreen
8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
NO mSSD Hard Drive Acceleration Cache
$20 off Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2013
Security Software Trial
Two 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Batteries
SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
Standard Keyboard
Webcam and Microphone
802.11b/g/n WLAN [1x1]

The calculator on hp's webstore said $1.184,98 Which is 860euro

Is this overpriced for what i get?
Don't blame me haha i really don't know what to buy.
But i need to run very big software for my study, and maybe some small games but that doesn't really bother me.

Most imported thing would be the use of software like "AutoCAD".

Goodbye my friends :3
Quote from: Konali on January 14, 2014, 21:56
The reason we had so many dutch staff members is because dutch people generally are calm and chill. Just like jamaicans:) If we get mad, we rather first get weed and then rage:)

Terrorista310

why hp? asus is much better
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Boy

asus died in my hands while hp survived me.  :happycmas:

The reason we had so many dutch staff members is because dutch people generally are calm and chill. Just like jamaicans:) If we get mad, we rather first get weed and then rage:)

Vinny

Do you plan on playing games with it ? Because i only see an "Intel® HD Graphics" which won't bring you far with games.
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Terrorista310

Quote from: Boy on December 12, 2013, 10:50
asus died in my hands while hp survived me.  :happycmas:

opposite to me ahah
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

TheSandman

Quote from: Vinny on December 12, 2013, 13:32
Do you plan on playing games with it ? Because i only see an "Intel® HD Graphics" which won't bring you far with games.
Yep im going with this as well.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Ethan

Quote from: Boy on December 12, 2013, 10:23
Most important thing would be the use of software like "AutoCAD".
so more use out of it would be resource intense programs, not so much of a 'gaming' pc

TheSandman

AutoCAD what? just AutoCAD the 2D drawing? or Inventor? 3DS Max?
If its jsut the 2D drawing AutoCAD, then intel graphics would be fine. But reiterating what Vinny said, if you intend on playing any game, find another laptop that doesnt have Intel Graphics.

You say you need to run big apps, like what?
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Ethan

I think he needs a computer that can run AutoCAD and other hardware intense programs like that and that could also play games, maybe like Euro truck or something like that (I dont know what games he means)

Joshy

Intel HD Graphics won't be a good match if you're using AutoCAD with 3D stuff, it will probably run but not with desirable performance.

Ask in the AutoCAD forums about it and see if there's any users with a similar laptop using AutoCAD.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Supreme

Take a look at the ASUS K56CB, I got that one and it runs everything fine, and it's thin and beautiful designed (XX311H)

Vinny

But hp sucks anyway. If you downgrade to a i5 (which still is a very good cpu, i have one) you could probably get a similar laptop with a good graphic card for a similar price.
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Rubber

I use a 5 year old dell with intel and autocad works just fine. I use autocad, solidworks, inventer, pro/engineer, mechanica, pro/mechanism...haven't had a problem with running any of these (all are engineering softwares). If you are doing massive FEA simulations, it can slow down. But chances are you won't be doing that.

Boy

Thanks for reply's.

Yes indeed i am not such a gamer (only CT lol) But i need to run very large software for my school.
And yes it's AutoCAD 3d max

And many other software used for the study Bouwkunde (engineering/architecture)

It's very important that i can run this software, cause i will live on my own so the laptop will be my home-pc too :s

But i am planning to buy a second big screen 27inch for my room 200km away from my parents house :)

Boy

I am not really a gamer, but i think the specs i need are pretty similar to game-laptops..