News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

School laptop

Started by Boy, December 12, 2013, 10:23

Boy

Just to ask, will 15,6 inch be enough either or do you think it's to small to work with?

Goodbye my friends :3
Quote from: Konali on January 14, 2014, 21:56
The reason we had so many dutch staff members is because dutch people generally are calm and chill. Just like jamaicans:) If we get mad, we rather first get weed and then rage:)

Vinny

Quote from: Boy on December 17, 2013, 17:21
Just to ask, will 15,6 inch be enough either or do you think it's to small to work with?
the resolution will drop from 1600x900 to 1366x768. So if you use softwares like photoshop or other graphic stuff it might not be very pleasant to work on a small resolution.
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Boy

Quote from: Vinny on December 17, 2013, 17:24
the resolution will drop from 1600x900 to 1366x768. So if you use softwares like photoshop or other graphic stuff it might not be very pleasant to work on a small resolution.
This one?: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/349996/asus-n76vb-t4039h/specificaties/

fits my budget has a hd screen and seems to be okay.

please tell me what you think.

The reason we had so many dutch staff members is because dutch people generally are calm and chill. Just like jamaicans:) If we get mad, we rather first get weed and then rage:)

Vinny

Quote from: Boy on December 17, 2013, 17:31
Quote from: Vinny on December 17, 2013, 17:24
This one?: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/349996/asus-n76vb-t4039h/specificaties/

fits my budget has a hd screen and seems to be okay.

please tell me what you think.

it seems like the exact same but with 1080p screen. and +100€, and also a little better graph card but still is a good laptop for your use.
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Supreme

I'd buy that if you could, 1080p rocks, also the GT740M is powerful, I got it  :P

Boy

Macbook pro is too expencive for what you get? :P

Hobo

Quote from: Boy on December 21, 2013, 11:19
Yes.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Boy

Quote from: Hobo on December 21, 2013, 18:43
Quote from: Boy on December 21, 2013, 11:19
Yes.
okay smooth running core i5 asus it is

Rockey

everyone hates apple who doesnt have one... or cant afford it.

mines fucking awesome, use it for my a levels all the time. Boots faster than any of my mates shitty HP's or their windows computers, loads applications and documents faster and it just better to use. All these other laptops claim to have similar specs yet none run as well as a macbook... my mate spent 3 hours doing a windows update on his laptop.

College/work = macbook pro
only reason you wouldnt is you cant afford it

i sound so big headed there but its the truth

Joshy

Quote from: Rockey on December 21, 2013, 21:42

mines fucking awesome, use it for my a levels all the time. Boots faster than any of my mates shitty HP's or their windows computers, loads applications and documents faster and it just better to use. All these other laptops claim to have similar specs yet none run as well as a macbook... my mate spent 3 hours doing a windows update on his laptop.

Any recent Windows laptop with a SSD boots in single-digit figures (seconds). The SSD only cost £72 too.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Hobo

Shots fired.
Boots faster than any of my mates shitty HP's or their windows computers, loads applications and documents faster and it just better to use. All these other laptops claim to have similar specs yet none run as well as a macbook... my mate spent 3 hours doing a windows update on his laptop.

I can afford a hell of a lot more MacBook Pros than a lot of people here (Yes, I sound like a spoiled brat, sorry I have money) but why would I spend thousands of dollars to get a MacBook Pro if I can spend $400 - $500 to get a Windows PC and Dual boot Linux or have a standalone install of Linux?
My Laptop turns on and is fully usable within 30 seconds. It has a slow HDD.
2 of 3 of my roommates have MacBook pros. One of them bought it because "it looks nice". He has no idea what he's doing when it comes to computers. The other one got it and now hates it because he saw me using Ubuntu.
Windows = Basically guaranteed supported software
Windows = Gaming
I use Linux for programming and classes for university.

rekt.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Rockey

Quote from: Hobo on December 21, 2013, 21:55
Shots fired.
Boots faster than any of my mates shitty HP's or their windows computers, loads applications and documents faster and it just better to use. All these other laptops claim to have similar specs yet none run as well as a macbook... my mate spent 3 hours doing a windows update on his laptop.

I can afford a hell of a lot more MacBook Pros than a lot of people here (Yes, I sound like a spoiled brat, sorry I have money) but why would I spend thousands of dollars to get a MacBook Pro if I can spend $400 - $500 to get a Windows PC and Dual boot Linux or have a standalone install of Linux?
My Laptop turns on and is fully usable within 30 seconds. It has a slow HDD.
2 of 3 of my roommates have MacBook pros. One of them bought it because "it looks nice". He has no idea what he's doing when it comes to computers. The other one got it and now hates it because he saw me using Ubuntu.
Windows = Basically guaranteed supported software
Windows = Gaming
I use Linux for programming and classes for university.

rekt.

i agree mac sucks for games but the main point is school/college.. but everyone has opinions/preference.. that was just mine, i'd recommend a macbook pro like mine over any over laptop for school/college use

i did also get rekt.. gz hobo.  :'(

Dobby

SSD ftw
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Dr_dog

SSDs in laptops are fine when going mobile. Even i got 2 128GB SSDs in my toughbook. Saves your battery bit more as it dosent have a motor to spin the hard drive. Also isnt so fragile if you collide the laptop with something.
Macbook might do the thinkg for your school. BUT think about when the school is over. its useless because it cant run anything useful. Apart from some video and audio tools
I'm personally running just plain ubuntu with gnome desktop on mine.

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Boy