What is going on with the server? Public Complaint - Take Action

Started by TheFluttershyPony, January 22, 2013, 15:21

Konali

Quote from: The_Hobo on January 24, 2013, 12:57
One lag spike and *bam* everyone complains. No matter where we go there will always be some kind of lag at some point. This is an online multiplayer game, you should be lucky you can even connect to other people like this. I have no lag. My laptop plays GTA at 100fps and I have fiber optic internet.
I've been cop for the past couple weeks and if there is lag as a cop you can't really catch suspects. I've arrested plenty of them without any lag issue.

Stop complaining about the server. There is no lag and the server almost never crashes now.

I read: I , ME, I
I think when you see yourself allowed to explain your story, you should let other allow to do their story to. It would be much appreciated if you could bring up the respect to let others say their things too. Yes you have good internet and a good laptop i read, but thats you. Someone who doesnt have that, should have the right to make a comment here too see.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

mamorunl

One lag spike and *bam* everyone complains. No matter where we go there will always be some kind of lag at some point. This is an online multiplayer game, you should be lucky you can even connect to other people like this. I have no lag. My laptop plays GTA at 100fps and I have fiber optic internet.
I've been cop for the past couple weeks and if there is lag as a cop you can't really catch suspects. I've arrested plenty of them without any lag issue.

Stop complaining about the server. There is no lag and the server almost never crashes now.

You really aren't online that much, are you? In a week, the fuel rates have gone up to 13 again so there is stuff happening. Also random timeouts, not being able to login etc.

TheFluttershyPony

I feel like we're playng different games... But whatever. I don't want to argue.

Go, continue to contribute to the server financially and get lags and crashes in return, if that's what you enjoy. I'm playing also another on-line multiplayer game (though not of gta-type) and I never, ever experienced lag nor crash. And for that kind of fair treatment of a player I am eager to pay 20$ a month and I do so.

Pony - out.

TheGame

It's never good for you guys...
We change the server host because the France and UK host location was shit in your opinion.
Now we changed it and it's still not good?
Be happy that mick spends a lot of money in this amazing server and play.
What can he do on it that the server crashes 3 times a day?
Be happy that it isn't offline for like 2-3 weeks, what happend in December.
Don't complain and play!  :)

Matias

Quote from: Konali on January 24, 2013, 13:09

I think when you see yourself allowed to explain your story, you should let other allow to do their story to. It would be much appreciated if you could bring up the respect to let others say their things too. Yes you have good internet and a good laptop i read, but thats you. Someone who doesnt have that, should have the right to make a comment here too see.
Kona is stating a good point. Server used to help European players with low specs computers to play good, but now that ping got raised some milliseconds the game became laggy for them, but it's not a server location problem, it's a problem about Internet Service Providers and Computers specs. You can't just blame the effort mick is doing to keep this server online. But if it gets moved to France where it been before it's good for me since the time i became admin it been awesome and good time response. Also i joined an european server and i gotta accept it used to be hosted at Europe.

It would be much appreciated if you could bring up the respect to let others say their things too. Yes you have good internet and a good laptop i read, but thats you. Someone who doesnt have that, should have the right to make a comment here too see.

I think hobo stated his point of view and didnt tried to stop anyone of doing it.
Yes kona, you are right, everyone has the right to tell how the lag affects themselves and no one will stop them of doing it, because this forum has freedom of speech.  8)

Quote from: mamorunl on January 24, 2013, 13:10
You really aren't online that much, are you? In a week, the fuel rates have gone up to 13 again so there is stuff happening. Also random timeouts, not being able to login etc.

I think you are wrong mamorunl. Hobo and me are almost the most active moderators at evenings and nights. We know server been experiencing lag this last days and we are also complaining about it, but it seems to be an internal problem at Volt since it used to have a good response at the begin of it.

Dont get me wrong guys, i am also complaining about the huge lag that we experience sometimes, i am from South America and USA server is at same distance for me than it was when it was at France, i wish it could get moved back to Europe so everyone would be happy, but there is a true fact, Volt has ddos protection at Arizona and thats why mick moved to America :(

Terrorista310

Since this server is a mick project, maybe a "school" project, idk, i'm happy the server is online and playable and that's it. I wont complain just because of some lags.
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Lindsey

I don't find it enjoyable starting a garbage mission to not be able to finish it ^_^

It's no fun joining, starting a mission and getting kicked.

Also, I've rarely seen any other sa-mp servers with these issues, with lag outs, desyncs and 3 crashes a day. If my brothers server crashed 3 times a week he'd have been furious, let alone 3 times a day.

Oh well :)
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Konali

Ok maybe it are 3 crashes on 1 day, but can someone explain to me then why the server has to be restarted atleast 12 times by admins and it crashed 10 times in the last 1,5 week. To me that isnt as stable as everyone thinks it is. As Matias said, its probably a Volt issue, and we all know that Volt isnt as customer friendly as they claim to be.

And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Twido

Quote from: Konali on January 24, 2013, 19:12
Ok maybe it are 3 crashes on 1 day, but can someone explain to me then why the server has to be restarted atleast 12 times by admins and it crashed 10 times in the last 1,5 week. To me that isnt as stable as everyone thinks it is. As Matias said, its probably a Volt issue, and we all know that Volt isnt as customer friendly as they claim to be.
Rage at them and they will be friendly. The host sucks. Would be nicer if mick moved to another host. not server location, but since its mick his thing we can't do a thing about it

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Konali

Quote from: Twido on January 24, 2013, 19:14
Rage at them and they will be friendly. The host sucks. Would be nicer if mick moved to another host. not server location, but since its mick his thing we can't do a thing about it

True XD i just feel bad for those who have trouble with this:(
I have no problem with the new server location and im fine if it stays there to be honest. But it seems to crash everytime near peak hours, offcourse there is no - less lagg when there are 30 players online at usa timezone see. I dont believe in Volt anymore twido xD especially after how good they helped you and thesandman with yout forum issues..

Twido

Quote from: Konali on January 24, 2013, 19:21
Quote from: Twido on January 24, 2013, 19:14

True XD i just feel bad for those who have trouble with this:(
I have no problem with the new server location and im fine if it stays there to be honest. But it seems to crash everytime near peak hours, offcourse there is no - less lagg when there are 30 players online at usa timezone see. I dont believe in Volt anymore twido xD especially after how "good"[/size] they helped you and thesandman with yout forum issues..
yeah true story. Oh yeah btw , another rage message has been send

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

bazingashane0

Quote from: Matias. on January 24, 2013, 16:08

Kona is stating a good point. Server used to help European players with low specs computers to play good, but now that ping got raised some milliseconds the game became laggy for them, but it's not a server location problem, it's a problem about Internet Service Providers and Computers specs. You can't just blame the effort mick is doing to keep this server online. But if it gets moved to France where it been before it's good for me since the time i became admin it been awesome and good time response. Also i joined an european server and i gotta accept it used to be hosted at Europe.

It would be much appreciated if you could bring up the respect to let others say their things too. Yes you have good internet and a good laptop i read, but thats you. Someone who doesnt have that, should have the right to make a comment here too see.

I think hobo stated his point of view and didnt tried to stop anyone of doing it.
Yes kona, you are right, everyone has the right to tell how the lag affects themselves and no one will stop them of doing it, because this forum has freedom of speech.  8)

Quote from: mamorunl on January 24, 2013, 13:10

I think you are wrong mamorunl. Hobo and me are almost the most active moderators at evenings and nights. We know server been experiencing lag this last days and we are also complaining about it, but it seems to be an internal problem at Volt since it used to have a good response at the begin of it.

Dont get me wrong guys, i am also complaining about the huge lag that we experience sometimes, i am from South America and USA server is at same distance for me than it was when it was at France, i wish it could get moved back to Europe so everyone would be happy, but there is a true fact, Volt has ddos protection at Arizona and thats why mick moved to America :(
All I am hearing from most peoples are replies are that it is inconvenient for European players who had a band-aid on prior to the server being moved to America.
If you have a pc that can not handle mods don't install them. Some people continue to install heaps of mods and high quality mods on lower end pc's, it won't work.
Also like my first post was go through all those issues before checking to see if it is actually CVT's fault or not.

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

mick88

@Konali server crashes are not host's fault. Server uses many plugins, including old version of mysql, which I suspect is the reason for crashes. In peak time there is more queries handled by the said plugin, thus higher chance of crash. I can't update it because it's not supported by gamemode and rescripting parts of gm to work with the new plugin is a lot of work.

Also, regarding commands taking seconds to execute, a lot of commands query the database, thus take longer to execute. This includes commands like /stats, /contacts, /forsale, even /vip and many more. It is normal that these commands take longer to execute, because they send query to the database and wait for response.

TheFluttershyPony

Quote from: Lindsey on January 24, 2013, 17:34
I don't find it enjoyable starting a garbage mission to not be able to finish it ^_^

It's no fun joining, starting a mission and getting kicked.

Also, I've rarely seen any other sa-mp servers with these issues, with lag outs, desyncs and 3 crashes a day. If my brothers server crashed 3 times a week he'd have been furious, let alone 3 times a day.

Oh well :)

These two posts summarize exactly my point of view.
Thank God someone else noticed that.

After reading so many posts saying 'server is more than OK, you have shitty net & comp so go kill yourself' I was starting to think that these crashes, lags, kicks, time outs etc. are just the products of my pink imagination.  >:D

Mick, is there any chance for situation of the server to improve?

$nake

Quote from: mick88 on January 24, 2013, 20:30
@Konali server crashes are not host's fault. Server uses many plugins, including old version of mysql, which I suspect is the reason for crashes. In peak time there is more queries handled by the said plugin, thus higher chance of crash. I can't update it because it's not supported by gamemode and rescripting parts of gm to work with the new plugin is a lot of work.
Maybe start working with it, even step by step, we will wait 2-3 months, but knowing that we are waiting for something you are doing is positive, like collecting €100 by saving €1 everyday :)