What is going on with the server? Public Complaint - Take Action

Started by TheFluttershyPony, January 22, 2013, 15:21

tomos

but why there is so much lag with other players i losted a lot of missions..

TheFluttershyPony

This is because server has been acting strange for about 1,5 week but no one seems to have noticed that and apparently, nothing can be done.

Matias

Quote from: TheFluttershyPony on January 24, 2013, 20:44
This is because server has been acting strange for about 1,5 week but no one seems to have noticed that and apparently, nothing can be done.

Did you see what mick just replied?
It's caused by the script since it uses too much plugins and mysql that uses alot of queries at peak hours. That makes the server become lagged and eventually crashing.

TheFluttershyPony

Quote from: Matias. on January 24, 2013, 20:48
Quote from: TheFluttershyPony on January 24, 2013, 20:44

Did you see what mick just replied?
It's caused by the script since it uses too much plugins and mysql that uses alot of queries at peak hours. That makes the server become lagged and eventually crashing.

Oh. My bad, sorry.

Spekter

Even though my ping is around 200, i would lie if i said that i notice a difference. There is no noticeable delay in cmds either.
In my opinion, server is a lot better since it got moved away from UK. At least it works lol

bazingashane0

Quote from: $nake on January 24, 2013, 20:36
Quote from: mick88 on January 24, 2013, 20:30
@Konali server crashes are not host's fault. Server uses many plugins, including old version of mysql, which I suspect is the reason for crashes. In peak time there is more queries handled by the said plugin, thus higher chance of crash. I can't update it because it's not supported by gamemode and rescripting parts of gm to work with the new plugin is a lot of work.
Maybe start working with it, even step by step, we will wait 2-3 months, but knowing that we are waiting for something you are doing is positive, like collecting €100 by saving €1 everyday :)
$nake it's not as easy to say ok get it done and working. mick has other stuff as well as CVT such as his schooling. And when working with databases it's not something that is as easy as sitting down and doing an hour or two then testing.

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

mamorunl

I don't really feel like this is a MySQL problem. True, the R7 plugin is way faster and it would take some time to switch over from R6 (if you are using BlueGs plugin). However, this is not only MySQL and I have heard from other people that Volt servers are going bad lately.

@Matias.: I hardly see mods online. I saw Benny today and Marc(cc). I do see you more often than others (with the exception of brane, luismi, vikingo and TheSandman as I see them a lot as well - Viki has a great response btw :D )

Konali

I saw alot of replies about the new location, but i would love to remind you guys, the only arguement that is going on here, and why this topic was made is that, in the last few days a change took place and this might not occur every day, but lag spikes and server crashes and a small increase in packetloss are the result of that change.

As i understand from mick, its not really Volt but CT side because on peak hours it needs to progress more information than on quiet hours:P
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Killatron

Old Mysql... explains everything tbh.. almost all the servers i have been involved in have had troubles like this at one point or another and it's always the F***ing mysql latencies.. some one really should come up with something better :P

That said.. ploughing into some one cos we both lagged is getting a bit tired.. but not as tired as everyone claiming that they couldn't possibly be the one laggin'
Seriously shape up people we all have these issues but it's not hard to just make some allowances and KEEP YOUR DISTANCE till this gets sorted.

Lindsey

I've got no issue with the higher ping, it's good to have protection and now almost everyone has similar ping :)
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: TheFluttershyPony on January 23, 2013, 17:53
The question is - do you enjoy this way of playing (lags, crashes, logging in/out 5x times an hour)? Because I don't.

PS: I love the server, but some improvements would be welcome. I cannot understand policy of "play don't bitch no matter what".

I admit, besides my fairly low ping, Arizona is kind of disappointing. Though the server IS up, it does tend to lag and crash. Then again, Volt is bad so, we'll see what happens from here.

Older and wiser

Storm94

@Konali server crashes are not host's fault. Server uses many plugins, including old version of mysql, which I suspect is the reason for crashes. In peak time there is more queries handled by the said plugin, thus higher chance of crash. I can't update it because it's not supported by gamemode and rescripting parts of gm to work with the new plugin is a lot of work.

Also, regarding commands taking seconds to execute, a lot of commands query the database, thus take longer to execute. This includes commands like /stats, /contacts, /forsale, even /vip and many more. It is normal that these commands take longer to execute, because they send query to the database and wait for response.

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.

mick88

Quote from: Storm94 on January 26, 2013, 05:27

Also, regarding commands taking seconds to execute, a lot of commands query the database, thus take longer to execute. This includes commands like /stats, /contacts, /forsale, even /vip and many more. It is normal that these commands take longer to execute, because they send query to the database and wait for response.

Yes, they are threaded. That's why they take longer to execute.

mamorunl

Quote from: mick88 on January 26, 2013, 16:19
Quote from: Storm94 on January 26, 2013, 05:27

Yes, they are threaded. That's why they take longer to execute.

Say what? Because of threading, you can run the server on one thread and the query on a seperate thread decreasing the time drastically :o

ElectroniX

Definetly agree with everything stated in this topic, I don't know who wouldn't agree, there's the fact that the host is in Arizona and most, not all but most of the players are from Europe and southwest Asia so i think it would be best to move the server closer to it's players!