News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Club vehicles

Started by mick88, October 27, 2012, 23:40

Which option do you prefer?

Only club founder can buy vehicles, but he can choose which member will own it.
13 (76.5%)
Club leaders can buy club vehicles, only for themselves.
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

kukimaki

Quote from: Sjomp on November 07, 2012, 22:29
Yeah so if they already want more house slots, who is gonna use his house slot for a club vehicle then?
But I can be wrong but this is how I think about it if you understand. :P

I think you are wrong, because if someone wants own vehicle bonus, then he/she has to buy the vehicle for it, so sharing is possible. 'Club vehicle' is not defined in this case, since all vehicles are owned by someone who shared it.
Or did you mean this: for example A wants bonus, but needs his slots for non-shared vehicles, so A has no shared vehicle(s) in da club, but B does, so A uses B's vehicle to get bonus. (?)
In this case comes another suggestion of mine, that a club leader should have the possibility to order players to share vehicle(s) with club.

(But I think this can be a problem only in the case when two members wanna use the same shared vehicle, which is quite unusual.)

Liliputan

So I have RD train + trailer parked in the club base (I'm only a member). Does it mean that it's automatically shared? I just don't understand because I have a password on RD train and once happened to me that I was in convoy and my trailer respawned to the base and my mission was over. Why is that so? Can I set my vehicles that are in the base NOT to be shared?

Spekter

Quote from: Liliputan on November 12, 2012, 12:20
So I have RD train + trailer parked in the club base (I'm only a member). Does it mean that it's automatically shared? I just don't understand because I have a password on RD train and once happened to me that I was in convoy and my trailer respawned to the base and my mission was over. Why is that so? Can I set my vehicles that are in the base NOT to be shared?

Vehicles are not shared with a club unless you make them so with /sharevehicle [club name] .

mick88

You guys don't seem to think this through - I mean those who prefer vehicles to be directly owned by club rather than its members.
Let me elaborate:
- if your club base has 20 slots, your club will only be able to have 20 vehicles, even if you have 200 members. No ability to expand whatsoever.
- clubs without base will not be able to own ANY vehicles

If vehicles are owned by club members:
- Bigger clubs can own more vehicles, relatively to amount of members
- Players have extra vehicles slots (as currently 4x the house parking slots) - they can do whatever they want with them. they can use them either for sharing vehicles with clubs, or for private use.
- clubs without base can still own vehicles (there's only ~25 bases, ther rest of clubs would be able to own any vehicles)
- it's easier for me to script vehicle limits and refunding of excess vehicles.

Now, if you read my original post, you will realize what this topic is really about. So stop suggesting base slots, because it will not happen and you are only spaming my topic when I am trying to get actual feedback.

TheSandman

The club vehicles is great. I have a farm, (5 slots), and i own, 5 personal vehicles. But "I" own 4 vehicles for the ITC club.
I have 11 more vehicle slots if a big club needs vehicles, contact me :)
Also, if i sell one vehicle that was bought with club funds, do the sale funds go back to the club? If not, that would be 1 change.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Benny

Well i have a 5 slot and for now i didn't buy any club vehicles, but i share alot of them.
Cause i have 20/20 and its pointless to sell vehicles, am w8 for a bigger slot house, then i can buy some.
And if i can ask, would be nice if u could buy those special vehiclčes more times.
I allready own a Dumper, wated to buy some for my club, but i can't.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Konali

Ok mick i like your ideas, but if i may give a small suggestion:

For every mission done in a shared vehicle for the club, club options can be set to X %  to pay off to the club for costs etc.
This to make clubs more competitve and unique. Lets say a club can set the X $ ammount in 3 different standards: low, medium, high.

It would make the club, and the whole club system unique and well i gotta admit, it would feel you would be working for a company, wich would be awesome in my opinion.

So a small suggestion, but i think with a really nice positive impact  for the club system as we know it of today.

Konali

imagine: instead of seeing players drive for unknown clubs for fun, the founders of a club would have more interest in having a member work for the club, less donation fee a month> more trucks on the road that are driving for the club.
Company feeling:)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

mick88

@Konali
I want to make club vehicles give "own vehicle bonus" towards club funds. I don't know if that's what you mean.
I might also do insurance and fuel cost be taken from club funds, but that might give too much control over club funds to regular members.

Benny

Quote from: mick88 on November 12, 2012, 17:13
@Konali
I want to make club vehicles give "own vehicle bonus" towards club funds. I don't know if that's what you mean.
I might also do insurance and fuel cost be taken from club funds, but that might give too much control over club funds to regular members.
That is a great idea!
I like it.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Hobo

@Konali
I like the own vehicle bonus going to club funds. Maybe then parking costs for members could be removed for some clubs. But if the vehicle is shared to the club and fuel / insurance comes from club funds players could use that for their private vehicles by just sharing them to the club. If they were parked at their house, most likely no member would use it and the owner would have free insurance and fuel.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Konali

@Konali
That works to:P
What i basicly meant was that club founders got a new option to set  some sort of paycut from vehicles being shared with the club. Not much offcourse, but you would be driving for the club, wich in my opinion would give a new dimension to ct. To drive for clubs.

Either way, i think shared vehicles / clubs can be combined in a nice way for some awesome features.
About insurance and fuel cost, personally mick, i would not do this, for the simple reason:
vehicle bonus is ~$500 max combined for a truck and trailer right, fuel is around ~ 150$ when you have a decent rate, plus insurance is alot more than the ''own vehicle bonus brings into the club funds, so adding fuel and insurance, could cause a negative money flow to the club funds.

correct me if im wrong:)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

kukimaki

@Mick's idea: do you think that only "team spirit" is going to work for club members? I mean, if player makes his club rich with his own work, it's totally OK unless the bonus is taken away from himself. Your idea would get club members closer to each other, but I think many people simply don't want to lose their bonus for their clubs.
And the bigger problem: despite the things written above I like the idea, but:
Let's say The Hobos (no ad! :) ) has 20 slots, and there are 30 or more club members online who want to work for the club. This means that there will be people who won't be able to do that, right? Hopefully this will happen rarely. I think a competition may happen for club vehicles.

Quote from: Konali on November 12, 2012, 17:53
vehicle bonus is ~$500 max combined for a truck and trailer right, fuel is around ~ 150$ when you have a decent rate, plus insurance is alot more than the ''own" vehicle bonus brings into the club funds, so adding fuel and insurance, could cause a negative money flow to the club funds.

IMO average vehicle bonus is rather like $1500, not to mention longer missions like fuel.

mick88

If you want to tget own vehicle bonus, then you should do missions with your own vehicle. If you're using club vehicle, club will get the bonus.

Clubs used to be unofficial. Now since I added ability to officialy register your club, have a base, and stay in touch with other club members it's suddently my duty to make clubs more attractive?
Look if you don't want to, you don't need to belong to a club. I only added new features that didn't exist before, so it's easier to manage clubs.

FaZe1337Sajmon420PL

If you give them nothing from bonus, most of them won't be motivated to "help" the club. They will just take public vehicles. But it's just my opinion.

Benny

Bonus from shared/club vehicles that goes to club founds, a big +1 for that!
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS