News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

My trailer mod! Please Help!

Started by Toms_Farkys, February 26, 2012, 10:47

Toms_Farkys

Hello!

I know that there are many good modder here! And can someone help me with my mod/edit of my Artict 3?
I mod with 3DS Max/Kams Script and I added double wheels, copied light from back and did put them in corners of the box, then i saved, and exported as .DFF file.
Putted it in GTA:SA with Alcis IMG Tool, did go in game and nothing happend, trailer was the same (old/original one) nothing was changed...
If modders can help please do it, If you can!  :'(
I hope ihatetn reads this too, he has great edits to original trailers/truck!

http://www.2shared.com/file/pTlvxuSf/Artict3Edit01.html

Animated signature removed by admin
^^^^^^^^
Admins are mean!

TheSandman

Did you look for the right trailer ingame? Try putting the mod on both trailers. 1 + 3.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Toms_Farkys

Quote from: TheSandman on February 26, 2012, 11:03
Did you look for the right trailer ingame? Try putting the mod on both trailers. 1 + 3.
Okay, i renamed it and ill put it in GTA!

Okay, so Artic 1 now looks like Artic 3 and inside of wheels are white, wasnt Double Wheels.
Its just like Artic 3, but the wheel texture is different... I'll take a pic. Where to upload it?

^^^^^^^^
Admins are mean!

TheSandman

25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Toms_Farkys

Thats the Artic 1!

I gtg now, ill be on other computer, so i cant edit that thing, ill be back only at evening... (to my pc xD)

^^^^^^^^
Admins are mean!

ihatetn931

All the texture you used on the truck must be in the txd. By the looks of it, looks like you're missing the texture. You have to figure out which texture goes there and use the eye droper to get it, figure out the id then edit it and see if it shows in 3ds max.

Hint press F9 to render the scene so you get a general idea how it's gonna look

Strato

You have just the .dff file but not .txd file for the trailer. Try to download it.

Toms_Farkys

Quote from: Strato. on February 26, 2012, 15:57
You have just the .dff file but not .txd file for the trailer. Try to download it.
Ill export him from gta3.img with Alcis img editor...
Im not home yet, so i cant do anything for now :(

^^^^^^^^
Admins are mean!

Toms_Farkys

Quote from: ihatetn931 on February 26, 2012, 15:47
All the texture you used on the truck must be in the txd. By the looks of it, looks like you're missing the texture. You have to figure out which texture goes there and use the eye droper to get it, figure out the id then edit it and see if it shows in 3ds max.

When i did open my project it did show me the pics from .txd files that ends with .bmp were missing... As i remember from morning... :-\
But, yeah i just need to get all the artict3.txd file? Or i need to extract all Txd files from gta3.img to one folder and it'll be easier 3DS Max to find the picture it needs?

^^^^^^^^
Admins are mean!

ihatetn931

Quote from: Toms_Farkys on February 26, 2012, 16:04
Quote from: ihatetn931 on February 26, 2012, 15:47

When i did open my project it did show me the pics from .txd files that ends with .bmp were missing... As i remember from morning... :-\
But, yeah i just need to get all the artict3.txd file? Or i need to extract all Txd files from gta3.img to one folder and it'll be easier 3DS Max to find the picture it needs?

It would be easier to put all the txds in one folder and use those in 3ds max, you need txd workshop to add new texture to the txd files. There is places that you can get all the files needed to model, I don't rember where they are. You don't use the txd file to get textures in 3ds max, you need to export the texture from the txd with txd workshop and put them in a folder, then set that folder in 3ds max as one of the texture folders. Any time you add a new texture to the model it also needs to be imported in to the .txd. The txd file has all the textures for the model in 1 file, that's how gta sa gets the textures

Toms_Farkys

Okay, when ill be home ill open gta3.img with TXD Workshop and just extract all those files that are there to any folder.(?) ::)
And, can you ctrl+a and it will select all of the textures in TXD Workshop? So i wont need to click to all of them and then extract? :-\

^^^^^^^^
Admins are mean!

ihatetn931

Quote from: Toms_Farkys on February 26, 2012, 16:16
Okay, when ill be home ill open gta3.img with TXD Workshop and just extract all those files that are there to any folder.(?) ::)
And, can you ctrl+a and it will select all of the textures in TXD Workshop? So i wont need to click to all of them and then extract? :-\

You don't have to do that, just extract the files you need. For example say you need artic1.txd so what you do is extract that from the gta.img then open it with txd workshop and extract the textures from the txd and put them in a folder. You do need all the textures from vehicle.txd so you have to extract those as well

Toms_Farkys

Quote from: ihatetn931 on February 26, 2012, 16:22
Quote from: Toms_Farkys on February 26, 2012, 16:16
You don't have to do that, just extract the files you need. For example say you need artic1.txd so what you do is extract that from the gta.img then open it with txd workshop and extract the textures from the txd and put them in a folder. You do need all the textures from vehicle.txd so you have to extract those as well
And that vehicle.txd is in gta3.img or somewhere in GTA SA root directory? Can you make skype or something like that because, it takes long time to talk about this here... Like if i post smth u read it after 30min and me too... :-\

^^^^^^^^
Admins are mean!

ihatetn931

The vehicle txd is in (look below). No i don't do skype. I also really don't have the time to explain everything to you through skype cause i have other stuff as well. You can google tuts. There is plenty of youtube tutorials for it. just google gta sa modeling tutorials or somthing along them lines. If i was to explain everything to you it would take hours since this really isn't a short process, so it's best just to look for tuts. First i recomend you learning how to use 3ds max

If you have a 64 bit os it's in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\generic

if you don't have a 64 bit os it's in

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\generic

Toms_Farkys

Quote from: ihatetn931 on February 26, 2012, 17:07
The vehicle txd is in (look below). No i don't do skype. I also really don't have the time to explain everything to you through skype cause i have other stuff as well. You can google tuts. There is plenty of youtube tutorials for it. just google gta sa modeling tutorials or somthing along them lines. If i was to explain everything to you it would take hours since this really isn't a short process, so it's best just to look for tuts. First i recomend you learning how to use 3ds max

If you have a 64 bit os it's in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\generic

if you don't have a 64 bit os it's in

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\generic

Okay ;)
Ive got 32bit laptop, and Ill try to do what you said, and now ill search some tuts ;)

***Gave you cookie xD

^^^^^^^^
Admins are mean!