No /cancel cooldown and no /q penalty

Started by Razbitze, December 20, 2017, 18:04

Razbitze

Hello!
As host's health is not getting any better at all, I want to suggest and I hope it will be approved the following:

1) Remove /cancel cooldown.
While server is lagging, few times when we /work, those 3 options of loads happen to go all outside of mainland. And it's very risky to do this while server is lagging, need no proof for that. So we gotta /cancel and lose money. Doing /work again doesn't gurantee at all to give mainland loads so why wait 3 minutes because server is lagging?

2) Remove /q penalty
Again while server is lagging, is very risky to go outside of mainland, or even South LV Julius intersection as it is mapped or Los Santos Verdant Bluffs tunnel. So if map despawns under player, the player will fall in water/under the map and will again lose money. One way to avoid losing up to 10k depending on the job, is to fastly react and /q the game. But again, there's that penalty for leaving while on job and player will again lose money.

As I've said in the first paragraph. As nothing is getting better about the host, I suggest and hope these suggestions to be approved and implemented.

Yours,
Adan_Ranger

Shock

/cancel before you load gives you only a 1000$ penalty as for the other part if you timeout you get no penalty, also you can ask an admin if you're desynced and they can kick you if they feel like it.
The host will get better soon ( i hope ) and i don't see a point in changing it.
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Razbitze

Well if you are already loaded in Securicar or in doing fuel deliveries, you won't lost only 1k, you lose up to 10k. It's not players fault that road despawns under them. And it's not their fault they got loads to islands.

Loup

1. As shoock said, /cancel only cost you 1,000 (500 for small jobs like chauffeur etc) and 1 small mission I guess is enough to recover your twice canceling job cost, I do agree on the part that we cant take risk in going out from mainland, but instead of waiting for 3 mins you can just type /kil (yes it will cost you) and spawn at the place where your truck and trailer are and try working for 3rd time if no luck you can use/kill (takes 1 minute of cooldown) and do for the 4th time (still no luck then you can use /cancel as 3 mins use to past at this point), I dont think it should be turned off/remove as it does not cost that much.

2.The falling in water and losing money is legit as you lose your truck/trailer which ends the mission, but about the /q dont really think anyone will even try it (even they cant manage to do it, but still) no ones gonna do /q (Might be some people who even do /q when they are about to be jailed) they might try it but tbh this is not gonna change anything as (just guessing) 95% people wont do /q as soon as they fall down they will rather do /kill and continue, also its not that much easy to do /q before you touch the water (especially the tunnel in ls as it is very close to water) might be possible from the bridge which goes to Milestone County, but still maybe useful for 5% people of CT but useless for 95% of others.

Just saw your reply, There is no need to load any mission which lead you to go off mainland, just hit esc and /cancel after, but if you are loaded and half way travelled to your location and then you feel lag, you gotta do cancel and move forward rather than just keep thinking your lost money or /q, for me (dont take it serious im just sharing my thoughts not here to offend anyone) /q is a bit childish.../q and joining again just to save some of your money dosent sounds smart, as you are just gonna lose 10-20 seconds from quitting...joining...relogging...choosing class...and choosing spawn.

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Boer.

S A N  A N D R E A S  G L O B A L  C A R G O ™

Razbitze

Then, at least guarantee that one of three possible loads stays on mainland. It's not player's fault that maps get despawned. They are getting an unfair penalty for that.

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Razbitze on December 21, 2017, 12:05
Then, at least guarantee that one of three possible loads stays on mainland. It's not player's fault that maps get despawned. They are getting an unfair penalty for that.
Join someone who has the work type achievement, they get 6 choices to choose from, although its not really a solution but for the time being, thats all we can do.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

j7n

You can do van missions if the server is lagging in Red County and Bone County. They are short distance and easy to to keep on the mainland even with 3 jobs. The reward is large score in short period of time. With 6 jobs, you can even avoid unloaded runs most of the time. Forget minmaxing/powergaming in Sandus for a while.

Dumper is risky, but almost guaranteed to be on mainland when started near the Quarry or SF. Doing fuel during lag is irresponsible.

Avoiding a mission failed stat is quite hard, because the road often despawns close to water surface in Unresting or Happyland. In other places you can get away with killing the gta_sa process in Task Manager with a hotkey (AutoHotKey), which I think is justified if the failure is due to a technical issue.

Cancel and Quit while on mission should have a penalty to discourage farming best jobs.

Razbitze

Maybe this picture is good enough to show you how urge the problem is and why you should all stop defending the host.

https://imgur.com/a/o93Ig

Loup

Quote from: Razbitze on December 22, 2017, 16:29
Maybe this picture is good enough to show you how urge the problem is and why you should all stop defending the host.

https://imgur.com/a/o93Ig

I think you dont know what we are trying to tell you, you got it wrong.

There are always 2 ways:
1. Fight
2. Flight

Fight for it, if cant...take an alternative way (flight), in this case fighting means to have a new host which can fight against the lag and ddos all of that stuff, and flight is to have an alternative way which is to "still play even if we got ddos attacks and lag and all that", the ddos attacks is here for a long time I think more than a year idk accurately, so if you want to still play (obviously we wont wait for whole year) so you got now these methods from which you can still play are above, you can use any one/all of these which is/are suitable for you in order to play easily, convoy, /cancel, /kill, other missions, small missions, all that options above.
We are trying to show you ways from which you can still play (cuz we cant do anything about the host except owners...) and not trying to "Defend the host", but you think we are helping host instead of players...

I got nothing more to say... for a long time we are suffering from this problem, if you can play...play, if you cant play, just leave it until you see the server is stable then you can play, but even if you dont wanna go back and still want to play while you suffer from lag and ddos then you have these options from which you can play safely & peacefully.

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Razbitze

I understand the thing that there's not much for us to do against these attacks. But at least come and help players by removing these unfair penalties. This is what I mean...

UncleDrew

Quote from: Razbitze on December 20, 2017, 18:04
Hello!
As host's health is not getting any better at all, I want to suggest and I hope it will be approved the following:

1) Remove /cancel cooldown.
Why? Just wait for the island to load. And just get 500 artic mission for more missions.

2) Remove /q penalty
Just find another way. Islands on the other hand, just avoid it at all cost. In fact short missions will get you more money and more artic missions to reach 500.

"As I've said in the first paragraph. As nothing is getting better about the host, I suggest and hope these suggestions to be approved and implemented."

Just hold on and wait :)

Yours,
Adan_Ranger

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the server name?:
What is 7 + 4?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview