News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Laptop won't turn on

Started by CarlJohnson, August 25, 2017, 05:49

CarlJohnson

Basically there's no light or what so ever when I try to turn it on. Even tried letting it charge for a while but still nothing, there's no LED lighting up even when I plug in the charger. It was working fine last night but today its totally dead. I traveled back home yesterday and it was kinda raining in between, only a small part of my bag got a little wet (only the chain part) and no droplets went it because I quickly covered my bag with waterproof cover and it was working fine after that.

The laptop is still in warranty, thoughts?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Vinny

There is little chance that this will fix it but it fixed mine a few years back, if it's not broken it should work
Remove the battery and leave it that way for a few minutes, then press and hold the power button for one minute, plug the charger without putting the battery back in and try to turn it on
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

CarlJohnson

I remember that fixing my old laptop as well but the problem here is, battery is fixed internally and can only be reset using a pin to press the switch. I could open up the hatch and remove it manually but I'd rather leave it like this so I don't have to face any issues with warranty as there are 2 stickers of warranty over screws.

I checked my bag pack again and dropped some water on it, the water couldn't sleep in, only the chain part would get a little bit wet but no drops what so ever.

I think something else is wrong.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

TheFoxman

are you talking about your new laptop ? Because my laptop is same as yours and i have droped so much water and juice over him and underhim and it still works which is kinda weird   ::) but yeah if the water goes under it i should react fast and remove it from that place

Emily

if it's under warranty, it might be best to send it in. They have diagnostic equipment for stuff like that. I used to do this kind of thing for a living mind you.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

CarlJohnson

I don't think its water, if it is FML.

I called Acer, they are sending a technician (on site ftw) who will take a look at it and will try to fix it there itself otherwise take it back with himself.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS