Unable to open Nvidia Control panel

Started by CarlJohnson, May 01, 2017, 03:05

CarlJohnson

Hi guys, on my new laptop for some reason I'm unable to open the Nvidia control panel, whenever I try to open it from control panel or system tray it comes up with the error "You are not currently using a display attached to an nvidia gpu", sometimes the system tray icon isn't there and I have to start it manually by launching Geforce experience. Even the option is missing from right click menu. I've already resetting my laptop (whilst keeping the files) twice which restored the apps and drivers to original ones.
It somehow worked for sometime yesterday and I was able to open control panel for a while but when I restarted it later in the evening it stopped working again.

Games are able to use the GPU and it's being listed in GPU Z and device manager so its not dead / broken. I read that I have to update the drivers but it shows its updated in the Geforce Experience, should I try uninstalling the current driver's and installing the latest ones from the Nvidia website? Should I try updating the bios? Can anyone guide me on how to do this? I also read I have to do it in safe mode.

Help plox
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Emily

I would recommend doing what I call an NVIDIA flush, uninstall every NVIDIA product on your system, and then redownload and install from the official NVIDIA site. You can either reinstall GeForce Experience or not, but it does tell you when there are updates.
I would also check on this, pls click me, because Windows 10 likes to install drivers that you may already have, which fucks literally everything up, and can cause blue screens.

this has changed if your system is completely up to date, all you have to do is click on no and save of course when you get to the yes/no prompt
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

CarlJohnson

Thanks Emily and Shoock, I removed everything and installed the latest drivers, everything works now.

Thank you, I'll keep you updated if anything comes up :)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS