Improvement in cop's communication

Yes
9 (90%)
No
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

CarlJohnson

Hi,
Recently a idea popped up in my head, so here's what it is, right now the cops can see all the chat taking in place in cop cb (CB 9) but can't reply back unless they're also in the cop cb which mean they can't stay in the same cb as their buddies if they want to talk to other cops. It'd be a lot easier if cop could send messages like admins to admin chat or admin cb, this will help the cops to plan out attacks, roadblocks and stuff against theives and they could remain in their own cb with their friends.

I decided the key to be '$', so sending a message with the dollar sign would send the message to cop cb like this
Officer CarlJohnson: I'm arresting Fish you find someone else

However this would mean you can no longer say '$100' (price) normall whilst being in Cb 19  or main chat or respective cb unless you use a asterisk (*) or add a space before your text.

Thoughts?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Martin

Would be really useful, but beside using the dollar sign ($), I guess it could be replaced with the exclamation mark (!). Since nobody doesn't start a sentence with an exclamation mark. +1, good one Carl.  :like:
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Martin. on October 11, 2016, 10:58
Would be really useful, but beside using the dollar sign ($), I guess it could be replaced with the exclamation mark (!). Since nobody doesn't start a sentence with an exclamation mark. +1, good one Carl.  :like:
It is already being used. !hi sends the message to admins stating high. We can't remove it or else we admins won't be able to send message to admins like normal players (/a has a different task for admins)

Probably & could be the key, though Im fine with $, only cops will need to add a space or asterisk before, others will be able to use it normally, we admins also face it while using #
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Martin

Quote from: CarlJohnson on October 11, 2016, 11:04
Quote from: Martin. on October 11, 2016, 10:58
It is already being used. !hi sends the message to admins stating high. We can't remove it or else we admins won't be able to send message to admins like normal players (/a has a different task for admins)

Probably & could be the key, though Im fine with $, only cops will need to add a space or asterisk before, others will be able to use it normally, we admins also face it while using #

I guess that can do too, wouldn't be something that should bother anyone. Yet, & or ~ maybe, it would still be useful.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Metzi

CarlJohnson

Can any of the moderator add poll for me? I'm on phone and its not working for me.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Vinny

tbh the cop cb is barely used and i don't think any cop ever will abort chasing a suspect just because another cop told him to, they will most likely fight for who gets him first
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

matti

This sounds nice :D

Skickat från min SM-J500FN via Tapatalk

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Vinny on October 11, 2016, 17:34
tbh the cop cb is barely used and i don't think any cop ever will abort chasing a suspect just because another cop told him to, they will most likely fight for who gets him first
That was just an example of how it'd look like. In actual use cops can ask for help, tell their location, etc without letting anyone other than cop able to see the chat.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Hobo

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Spekter

Quote from: Vinny on October 11, 2016, 17:34

You mean, there is rarely more than 1 cop online?  :winkcmas:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is 7 + 4?:
What is the server name?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview