News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Undo Vehicle Trading

Started by Xero, April 23, 2015, 13:40

Xero

Am wondering, is there anyway to cancel selling your vehicle if you want it back? I don't think it would be considered scamming because if you put your vehicle up for sale, but decide you want it back (if it's already sold then too bad), but if it's still on the lot and you change your mind can you have the option to "remove vehicle from lot" Hopefully not at a fee but it might make sense to charge a fee for realism.

Also, the ability to sell club vehicles would be cool to be added as well but only the person that bought the vehicle can sell it.

Emily

• You can get your vehicle back for a fee.
  • Club used vehicle trading could be cool. As the vehicle is sold the money goes to the club it belongs to, and then ownership and club gets transferred to the leader or founder who buys the vehicle with club money gets.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

CarlJohnson

I already suggested that we should be able to buy used vehicle for club. It can found here : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=50718.0
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Emily

Quote from: CarlJohnson on April 23, 2015, 14:34
I already suggested that we should be able to buy used vehicle for club. It can found here : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=50718.0
That topic is 30+ days old.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Xero

Quote from: Emily on April 23, 2015, 14:28
You can get your vehicle back for a fee.

How do you do it? Just click "buy" or is there a cmd? And also, it would be great if we could sell for $1 if you want to help out a buddy or something or at least have personal trading between players. With the new scamming laws being enforced I don't see this as a problem now.

Emily

I think you get in it and click buy?

Quote from: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LIA5_4VjP9fq0ZVqWNWKbYfyuICG7XzFAD1VEIb6n-Y/edit?usp=sharingOnce a player has listed their vehicle as for-sale, they cannot use the vehicle unless either;
  • player takes it back from the trading lot for a 3% fee of asking price
  • vehicle is removed from trading lot for either lack of interest or by admin
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Xero

I suppose I could try that and see what happens lol Trading needs more options though because I had some great ideas on ways to use it (not abuse it) to benefit the server but at the risk of my ideas being stolen I can't say them yet lol  ;)

Joshy

Quote from: Xero on April 23, 2015, 15:11
I suppose I could try that and see what happens lol Trading needs more options though because I had some great ideas on ways to use it (not abuse it) to benefit the server but at the risk of my ideas being stolen I can't say them yet lol  ;)
Nothing is going to be done if you don't say anything.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Xero

Quote from: Joshy on April 23, 2015, 16:12
Nothing is going to be done if you don't say anything.

I was gonna PM you but you twisted my arm so I figured might as well share the basic idea. I was going to start doing one event called "Race and win this car!" for my club. I would first buy a vehicle, upgrade and fancy it up, then have people race for it with a vehicle of equal or lesser performance while trying not to make it too easy or too hard for people to win.

Should the player racing for the car win the race they will get the car. Then later on buy another vehicle and so on and so on. Unfortunately it will cost 1 and a half times to do what the car is worth with the current trading situation. I would have to place the car at the dealership, then have the person who won it buy it immediately after the race. The vehicle will cost me another half the value so that I could give the winner that money to buy the car since the lowest sale price is half the vehicle value.

That said, if the minimum price was set to at least $1 it would be cheap to claim the prize, hoping that once the car is for sale some troll doesn't force their way in to buy the car at the $1 price tag which would cause all kinds of problems. The troll claim would be "The vehicle was at a public dealership and I bought it before they could, not my fault they are slow to buy" so how to get around that kind of scam if you know what I mean.

That's why I think personal trading between players would eliminate that type of problem, along with the current scamming rule that came into effect. Written agreements would be made on the server, not facebook, xfire or anywhere else.

There's all kinds of room for different events like this, instead of winning money you can win vehicles in various ways. That might bring some life back to the server with people competing against one another, hopefully in a harmless and safe way. Races would be carefully mapped so as to try not interfere with people playing the game. We've had many successful races before so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

StarFish

URMJK420

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is 7 + 4?:
What is the server name?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview