[Test DL 0.9.5581.29028] Convoy Trucking Launcher

Started by nyolc8, April 04, 2015, 11:04

nyolc8

Newer test version(0.9.5581.29028): http://speedy.sh/Z9TQX/Convoy-Trucking-Launcher-by-nyolc8.zip

NEW THINGS:
- exe is only 780Kb instead of 1,38Mb (with two languages implemented)
+ all new things I wrote before

KNOWN PROBLEMS:
- playerlist sometimes empty even when there are players on server, still don't really know what happening then

(image is from older version)

Please tell me all bugs what you found (both UI and usage bugs), also suggestions are welcome.

Hi guys (especially staff), can I ask how the server stats (player list and server online/offline) getting read? Is it totally private solution? Or there is a service for that? I found a service which can list all servers and it can receive stats from CT server too but that service looks like running under another server*.

*the site:

[spoiler]http://monitor.sacnr.com/ (I hope this won't count as ad)[/spoiler]

CarlJohnson

Just wanna say my part, this is not the only site who does this, in fact there are many sites like this monitoring out servers.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Dobby

Player list is an API from the SAMP forums (PHP based) unless its different (i hope its not). Stats is via the database, as is chat, uptime and the staff list.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

nyolc8

I'm working on a CT launcher application (c#), it reads your samp name from registry(you can edit it too in the app), also the server addres changable(if it changes on server side, then you can set the new one, this getting saved into registry too, but I'm thinking a solution which would auto-aquire the ip and use that to connect), it shows server online/offline (made this with that api what I linked), and shows how many players online and what is the max slots available (api what I linked). Also working on the playerlist. But I would use another api instead of what I linked, If I could. I'll show some screenshots.

Joshy

http://api.convoytrucking.net/

PM me if you want a API key (I'll have to PM mick on your behalf).
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

nyolc8

The server_info part would be really useful, I would like a key if it's possible :)
Btw the returned data is in JSON format? (edit: I'm blind, the first sentence says it's JSON... lol)

I would use these btw:
- server_ip(then the launcher could connect to current ip always, and user would not have to change anything even if the domain - server.convoytrucking.net:7777 - address changes for a reason)
- num_players
- server_status
- num_slots

As I see, there is no api for current online player list, right?

Some screenshots how it looks like now:
[spoiler]
[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/p8uEw#0[/imgur]

some notes:
online/offline thing and player numbers working, also the launcher itself, and the settings window is fully functional

it scales with DPI so it's a little bigger on screenshots (125%) than real size
the two little "things" are buttons for settings and to open playerlist, those will have a "gear" icon and a "person" icon[/spoiler]

edit: I already changed the online/offline state check and player numbers to use CT api (with public key for now)

Ethan

im sorry if this is "off topic" to this thread but Nyolc8, what would this be for exactly? a offline messenger?

nyolc8

You can start this instead of SAMP launcher if you want to play on CT.

player list mechanism done:

(design-wise it's wip)

Joshy

I see you're using Windows Forms (uses the MS Sans Serif font), change the font to Segoe UI for a more modern look that WPF gives.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

nyolc8

I will, also I want to make listview header black, but for some reason the text gets glitched then.

Anyway, current state:
- CT API used only at application launch and only used to get current server address/ip (to spare CT API resource)
- using SAMP Query mechanism to get players, locked state, online state, player list (http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/Query_Mechanism)
- stats getting refreshed in every 10 seconds

[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/6uV6Y#0[/imgur]

Ethan

awesome idea Nyolc...I wish I could find my Chatlog renamer I got from Joshy years ago. would work great with this..

nyolc8

Chatlog renamer? What is that? I mean, what did it do?

btw some UI change:

TheSandman

Quote from: nyolc8 on April 05, 2015, 12:17
Chatlog renamer? What is that? I mean, what did it do?

btw some UI change:

everytime you exited a server, it would rename and save the chatlog.txt that samp makes everytime you open it.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Ethan

Quote from: TheSandman on April 05, 2015, 12:29
everytime you exited a server, it would rename and save the chatlog.txt that samp makes everytime you open it.
you end SAMP, close the cmd type dialog box, and renames the chatlog in SAMP in user files to the time you ended the renamer thing...

I load it up, I close it at 3:30, chatlog then gets renamed [month][day][year[time chatlog ended]... I have one but I reinstall windows so when I run it, it says "cannot find directory" renames it but because the directory is different than what it was before, it doesnt work and I have to rename them manually..

TheSandman

Quote from: Ethan on April 05, 2015, 14:28
Quote from: TheSandman on April 05, 2015, 12:29
you end SAMP, close the cmd type dialog box, and renames the chatlog in SAMP in user files to the time you ended the renamer thing...

I load it up, I close it at 3:30, chatlog then gets renamed [month][day][year[time chatlog ended]... I have one but I reinstall windows so when I run it, it says "cannot find directory" renames it but because the directory is different than what it was before, it doesnt work and I have to rename them manually..
Ask joshy about it, i never used the program.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)