Cement v2

Started by nyolc8, August 18, 2014, 13:15

nyolc8

But then cement truck would have the same cab as flatbed and barracks. Also I make this cab because with these "v2"s, I improve my old mods and that's why I make this cab :P So the old cement truck mod was meant to be this mack cab too but with not much detail.

Basically: v1 VS v2 = my modeling knowledge back than VS my modeling knowledge now :D

Ethan

flatbed chassis + cement v2 cab (would)= dank

SergeantSavidge

Holy crap, I've been away from these forums for too long! This Cement truck looks so sexy, nyolc, can't wait until it's finished. :)
Oh, and would it be possible for you to PM me your HUD setup (because that's a really nice rectangular HUD)? Sorry if that's a bit off-topic, and good luck with your truck!  ^-^
Why not Savidge?

nyolc8

The rear pipe thingy will be able to rotate to side and to rear, and the half pipe will be openable as well (or atleast this is the plan)
[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/y4zoB#0[/imgur]

@SergeantSavidge: my HUD only works if you have 1920x1080 resolution and you using widescreenfix_lite asi. if without these, it will be fallen apart.

nyolc8

refined the pipe, also made the top
[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/HgTad#0[/imgur]

SergeantSavidge

Quote from: nyolc8 on August 23, 2014, 19:28
@SergeantSavidge: my HUD only works if you have 1920x1080 resolution and you using widescreenfix_lite asi. if without these, it will be fallen apart.
My resolution is 1366x768 but I do have the widescreen fix. Will it still look okay with that resolution?
Loving the progress on the Cement mixer, it's really coming along nicely.  :D
Why not Savidge?

nyolc8

Quote from: SergeantSavidge on August 24, 2014, 12:09
Quote from: nyolc8 on August 23, 2014, 19:28
My resolution is 1366x768 but I do have the widescreen fix. Will it still look okay with that resolution?
Loving the progress on the Cement mixer, it's really coming along nicely.  :D
It will be visually glitchy on any other resolutions. This is the reason why I didn't shared it.

SergeantSavidge

Quote from: nyolc8 on August 24, 2014, 17:08
It will be visually glitchy on any other resolutions. This is the reason why I didn't shared it.
oh, OK. May I ask where your radar textures are from? Because they look great too.   8)
Why not Savidge?

nyolc8

Quote from: SergeantSavidge on August 24, 2014, 17:45
Quote from: nyolc8 on August 24, 2014, 17:08
oh, OK. May I ask where your radar textures are from? Because they look great too.   8)
I think it's this one (dl link in description): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THuUNWKfOp8

btw maybe the hud will work too because I modified this to my resolution. :)

nyolc8

movable cement pipe test succeed, so the red circled section can be opened to rear or closed to side, and within this rotateble element, the yellow thing will be able to opened to make longer pipe, or closed. Just like real :P

basically I could make basic-controlable crane arms with my script :D

usefulness: 0
why not?: 10

Benny

Contolable crane sounds inresting...
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

nyolc8

I just found a huge problem with my script, for example if now I open a cement truck bonnet, then I go to another one and want to open that cement truck bonnet, the script will think it's already opened (because it handles now every vehicle as one) so it rotates it into wrong direction... >< I need to make it somehow to handle each vehicle seperated. Ohgawd... :o

edit: maybe I can make it by checking the element angle/distance to check if it's opened/closed. Wish me luck :D

SergeantSavidge

Quote from: nyolc8 on August 25, 2014, 14:21
edit: maybe I can make it by checking the element angle/distance to check if it's opened/closed. Wish me luck :D
* SergeantSavidge wishes nyolc8 good luck.
Why not Savidge?

nyolc8

Looks like the angle-checking method did the trick, only have problems with the moving element, the 2nd half of the pipe (because it's matrix(axis directions) changes with another object rotation).

AzureSpeed

maybe the angle checking thing did the trick but what about the script checking maybe for the vehicles id and type instead of the angles? maybe it could work even better