Started by nyolc8, July 29, 2014, 17:46

nyolc8

latest version: 1.4.2
changes:

- bugfix: opcode error/crash fix

changes:

- bugfix: engine brake only worked if you enabled airbrake
- bugfix: engine brake volume was the same as airbrake volume
- bugfix: engine brake sound doesn't stopped when you hold down brake, and engine brake even played when the truck stopped and started to going in reverse.
- NEW FEATURE: smoke when engine starts up (suggested by abeceda)

changes:
- renamed global variables
- CLEO 4.0 included to fix jakebrake sound problem

changes:
- code optimalization -> smaller script file size
- package contains required cleo plugins

changes:
- airbreak, jakebreak sounds (volume can be changed, also with "0.0" it can be disabled)
- you can set less smoke when going forward
- you can specify on what vehicles you want to run the script

changes:
- both script rewritten, completely new structure, now they should use much more less resources.
- less smoke comes in reverse

diesel_smoke.cs features:
- black smoke on accelerating from diesel vehicles
- smoke only comes if truck stopped or truck going slowly (configurable maxspeed in diesel_smoke.ini file)
- you can specify excluded vehicle models in diesel_smoke.ini file (for example if you want smoke on Roadtrain but not on Petrol Tanker truck, then you can exclude Petrol Tanker truck model and then it won't ommit black smoke. Handy if you have some modern truck mod and you don't want black smoke on it.)
- You can specify the particle effect to be used as diesel smoke in diesel_smoke.ini file.
- Smoke (but not that much as going forward) when reversing (can be disabled in diesel_smoke.ini file)
- Airbreak, Jakebreak sounds, you can specify volumes
- you can set more or less smoke
- you can set on which vehicles you want to run the script

bad_engine.cs features:
- cars ommiting black smoke on accelerating when they conditions are below of the specified value (configurable in bad_engine.ini)
- You can specify the particle effect to be used as diesel smoke in bad_engine.ini file.

The two script works without eachother, so if you don't like one of them, you can just delete it.

Requires CLEO 4.0, on newer versions, audio (and maybe other things) will fail.

Requires these CLEO(4) plugins:
- IniFiles.cleo
- IntOperations.cleo (I'm not sure)
- newOpcodes.cleo (also plugin.dll in root gtasa folder)

(These CLEO plugins are should be there by default.)

The effect.fxp and effectPC.txd files are from "active dashboard", but effect.fxp is modified by me, to make the diesel smoke more real, also made some other effects better then it was (reduced/removed crazy-high values for some particles).

[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/T5Ls8#0[/imgur]

Video:

(the door opening part is not yet released)

DOWNLOAD
Mirror

Bad engine script: Download mirror 1 | Download mirror 2

Andy[RO]

nyolc8

Next new features will be:
- smoke appears even if you hold accelerate and the truck slowing down for some reason (you hit a wall or something)
- smoke in reverse too (maybe)

Taz_Brock

Another good one by you. Thank you for this mod. Keep up the good work 8)

My Looney Tunes Phone

nyolc8

Quote from: nyolc8 on July 29, 2014, 19:44
Next new features will be:
- smoke appears even if you hold accelerate and the truck slowing down for some reason (you hit a wall or something)
- smoke in reverse too (maybe)
Successfully made these things too. I had to make actual gear checking too to make reverse smoke too. Also I completely rewrited the whole thing, removed/optimized some code while maintain the same function. :P
Also modified the effects.fxp file, made the sparks more realistic (they were too big), also tweaked the car explosion.

edit: Upload soon, just need testing.

Btw I'm thinking to make all car to exhaust black smoke when they're in bad condition.
And I have an idea for a script which could add controlable siren lights to even default original gta sa vehicles without model file editing :P

Ethan

Quote from: nyolc8 on July 29, 2014, 21:22
Btw I'm thinking to make all car to exhaust black smoke when they're in bad condition.

YES PLEASE!!!!

Taz_Brock

you are geting into the cleo stuff, witch i like so i have an idea. can you make a mod that when you slow down or let off the accelerator you have the sound of a jake breakbrake. that would be so bad ass. 8) 8)

nyolc8

Quote from: TAZ_(USA) on July 30, 2014, 01:06
you are geting into the cleo stuff, witch i like so i have an idea. can you make a mod that when you slow down or let off the accelerator you have the sound of a jake break. that would be so bad ass. 8) 8)
Can you show a video with this sound? I don't exactly know what you mean....

Quote from: Ethan on July 30, 2014, 00:18

YES PLEASE!!!!
Will do :P

Btw I'll make the diesel smoke particle configurable, so you'll be able to specify any particle effect as diesel smoke. So for example you'll be able to set flames as diesel smoke if you want :D Or you can create your own particle in effects.fxp and use that.

Taz_Brock

you are geting into the cleo stuff, witch i like so i have an idea. can you make a mod that when you slow down or let off the accelerator you have the sound of a jake break Brake. that would be so bad ass. 8) 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySw2G3Lkqf0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTGO1va026I

nyolc8

Quote from: TAZ_(USA) on July 30, 2014, 03:36
you are geting into the cleo stuff, witch i like so i have an idea. can you make a mod that when you slow down or let off the accelerator you have the sound of a jake break Brake. that would be so bad ass. 8) 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySw2G3Lkqf0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTGO1va026I
Well I don't have any knowledge how to work with sounds in cleo, so maybe later when I'll know how to do it :D

Quote from: Ethan on July 30, 2014, 00:18

YES PLEASE!!!!
Done :P I'll upload it soon, and updated diesel_smoke script as well

nyolc8

Update 2014.07.30

ZIP now contains two script:
- black exhaust smoke for diesel trucks (diesel_smoke.cs)
- black exhaust smoke for damaged cars (bad_engine.cs)

If you want just one of them, then you can just delete the other one. So they work seperately.

diesel_smoke.cs:
- it checks holding keys, also built in whole new checking mechanism for keypresses.
- it checks if vehicle is dead (example: if vehicle in water, and engine broken, then smoke won't come)
- smoke only comes if truck stopped or truck going slowly (configurable maxspeed in diesel_smoke.ini file)
- it works based ONLY on the truck speed
- you can specify excluded vehicle models in diesel_smoke.ini file (for example if you want smoke on Roadtrain but not on Petrol Tanker truck, then you can exclude Petrol Tanker truck model and then it won't ommit black smoke. Handy if you have some modern truck mod and you don't want black smoke on it.)
- NEW (2014.07.30) You can specify the particle effect to be used as diesel smoke in diesel_smoke.ini file.
- NEW (2014.07.30) Smoke when reversing (can be disabled in diesel_smoke.ini file)

NEW (2014.07.30) bad_engine.cs:
- NEW (2014.07.30) cars ommiting black smoke on accelerating when they conditions are below of the specified value (configurable in bad_engine.ini)
- NEW (2014.07.30) You can specify the particle effect to be used as smoke in bad_engine.ini file.

DOWNLOAD

Taz_Brock

nyolc8

Thanks, I just completely redone the dieselsmoke script. I made checkings to run only when needed.

just one example, so there are many things like this: now the script checks the current vehicle's exhaust number only when player get in the vehicle. Before, this has been checked in every 1/10second when player pressed accelerator lol

I'll rewrite the bad_engine script to this new logical structure too.

nyolc8

Quote from: nyolc8 on July 30, 2014, 20:07
Thanks, I just completely redone the dieselsmoke script. I made checkings to run only when needed.

just one example, so there are many things like this: now the script checks the current vehicle's exhaust number only when player get in the vehicle. Before, this has been checked in every 1/10second when player pressed accelerator lol

I'll rewrite the bad_engine script to this new logical structure too.
Done!

Also I changed diesel smoke further: now there are much less smoke when you reverse. :)

I'll release the update after some more testing.

nyolc8

Completely redone the structure of the scripts, now they should use much less resource.

Also small visual change: less smoke in reverse.

DOWNLOAD
Mirror