[UPDATE 2014.08.01]My graphics related mods I use (nyolc8)

Started by nyolc8, July 26, 2014, 12:08

Taz_Brock

Quote from: TAZ_(USA) on July 28, 2014, 01:39
Quote from: nyolc8 on July 27, 2014, 20:37
So here's the smoke script I made, based on cleo script called "Diesel V2". If you tried that before, you'll see how much improvement is this. :)

What new things I added/changed (almost everything lol):
- it now works based on truck speed
- it now checks holding keys, also built in whole new checking mechanism for keypresses.
- it checks if vehicle is dead (example: if vehicle in water, and engine broken, then smoke won't come)
- smoke comes for a few sec max (configurable in diesel_smoke.ini file)
- smoke only comes if truck stopped or truck going slowly (configurable in diesel_smoke.ini file)
- configurable with diesel_smoke.ini file (max speed and max time for smoke)

Requires these CLEO(4) plugins:
- IniFiles.cleo
- IntOperations.cleo (I'm not sure)

But these CLEO plugins are there by default.

The effect.fxp and effectPC.txd files are from "active dashboard", but effect.fxp is modified by me, to make the diesel smoke more real, also made some other effects better then it was (reduced/removed crazy-high values for some particles).

Images (but it looks much better when you see it moving :P):

[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/T5Ls8#0[/imgur]

DOWNLOAD

I touched any CLEO script first time yesterday, so if you experiencing any error, then don't attack me, this is just my first experience with CLEO scripting :D
thank you sooo much!  :)) :)) :))
Well that suck it dont work for me. CRASH my game on start up. i removed it and game work great. i dont unerstand why i cant use it.   :'( :'( :'(

Ethan

Quote from: TAZ_(USA) on July 28, 2014, 01:55
Well that suck it dont work for me. CRASH my game on start up. i removed it and game work great. i dont understand why i cant use it. 
do what I did and copy whatever folder your main game is, paste it into a new folder called Nyolc8's mods and then add everything from his link into that game, so if something does go wrong, you can still play because you have a backup.. mine works fine except for the lag, which is the draw disatnce which I need to figure out how to lower. either in settings or some ini file

nyolc8

Quote from: TAZ_(USA) on July 28, 2014, 01:55
Well that suck it dont work for me. CRASH my game on start up. i removed it and game work great. i dont unerstand why i cant use it.   :'( :'( :'(
Can you show/write all the files from your cleo folder here? Also do you using my edited gtasa.exe, or something other? You have CLEO 3 or 4?

Taz_Brock

I have CLEO 4, I also have memory2048.cs in folder thats it. nothing else. I removed the mod and game work fine. But as soon as i put it in my cleo folder it will not load game.

1 more thing your gtasa.exe dose not work for me either.

nyolc8

Quote from: TAZ_(USA) on July 28, 2014, 02:38
I have CLEO 4, I also have memory2048.cs in folder thats it. nothing else. I removed the mod and game work fine. But as soon as i put it in my cleo folder it will not load game.

Nothing else? That's the problem then. This script uses IniFiles.cleo plugin which should be in cleo folder too. (It's there for me by default, I thought it's there for everyone.)

If you use my gtasa.exe, then you need to copy the VEH2TXD file too, because my modified exe reads that file. So if you don't copy that, then it will crash. Also with my exe, timecyc file need to be timecyc.txt (instead of timecyc.dat or timecyc.aaa) to get the game work. I modified it to txt to be able to modify timecyc more easely.

Taz_Brock

Quote from: nyolc8 on July 28, 2014, 03:03
Quote from: TAZ_(USA) on July 28, 2014, 02:38

Nothing else? That's the problem then. This script uses IniFiles.cleo plugin which should be in cleo folder too. (It's there for me by default, I thought it's there for everyone.)

If you use my gtasa.exe, then you need to copy the VEH2TXD file too, because my modified exe reads that file. So if you don't copy that, then it will crash. Also with my exe, timecyc file need to be timecyc.txt (instead of timecyc.dat or timecyc.aaa) to get the game work. I modified it to txt to be able to modify timecyc more easely.
is there anyway i can get your IniFiles.cleo file. if so pm me the link please and thank you NVM I reloaded CLEO 4. so i got it to work, and it works great. thank you for all your help. 

Hobo

Looks pretty sweet. Nice mods :like: The truck smoke is awesome :like: :like:
[imgur]YoUtH[/imgur]

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Ethan

I have the exact same mod files and I dont get near that far of draw distance.. Ill have to check my display settings first..  and yes, the smoke mod is exactly what I was looking for, itd go great with my sound mod if spazz would ever help me with em

@Nyolc8- is there a way to lower the draw distance itself within an ini or timecyc file?

nyolc8

Quote from: Ethan on July 28, 2014, 21:06
@Nyolc8- is there a way to lower the draw distance itself within an ini or timecyc file?
Yes:
open "sa_draw_distance_changer.ini" and change the "y=3800.0" value lower. You can see there, I save the original value (2800.0)
also if you make the draw distance lower, you can set "lods_new_draw_distance = 2000.0" and "tobjs_draw_distance_multiplier = 2.0" lower in "IDE_DD_Tweaker.ini"

If you still have lagg, then you can try to lower the far corona effect by modifing "CoronaFarClip = 8000.0" to lower in "2dfx.ini".

And if you still having lagg, you need to modify "timecyc.txt" and change all "2500" to lower.

Ethan

Quote from: nyolc8 on July 29, 2014, 00:01
Quote from: Ethan on July 28, 2014, 21:06
Yes:
open "sa_draw_distance_changer.ini" and change the "y=3800.0" value lower. You can see there, I save the original value (2800.0)
also if you make the draw distance lower, you can set "lods_new_draw_distance = 2000.0" and "tobjs_draw_distance_multiplier = 2.0" lower in "IDE_DD_Tweaker.ini"

If you still have lagg, then you can try to lower the far corona effect by modifing "CoronaFarClip = 8000.0" to lower in "2dfx.ini".

And if you still having lagg, you need to modify "timecyc.txt" and change all "2500" to lower.

Thank You Mr Awesome Sauce SIR     :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:

Emily

[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

nyolc8

I'm updating the diesel smoke script, now there is no time based smoke, it's now working only by speed, which means it smokes all the time if you accelerate under the specified speed. (for example now if you climbing a hill and pressing the gas, smoke comes out all the time while the truck crawling up slowly)
I think it looks more real by this. Testing it now. Uploading soon. :)

abeceda

I do everything you said and when I copy and use gta_sa.exe from this pack - GTA stop responding in middle of loading multiplayer. I found why and what you do wrong:

You put VEHTXD2.txd in: "..\generic", but it must be in: ..\models\generic. Moved and everything works fine.

Timecyc is awesome! But with enb enabled, for me gta looks too dark.

nyolc8

Quote from: abeceda on August 01, 2014, 09:34
I do everything you said and when I copy and use gta_sa.exe from this pack - GTA stop responding in middle of loading multiplayer. I found why and what you do wrong:

You put VEHTXD2.txd in: "..\generic", but it must be in: ..\models\generic. Moved and everything works fine.

Timecyc is awesome! But with enb enabled, for me gta looks too dark.
thanks for the report, I'll update the package. You can tweak the brightness in options, or in stream.ini

nyolc8