[UPDATE 2014.08.01]My graphics related mods I use (nyolc8)

Started by nyolc8, July 26, 2014, 12:08

nyolc8

Quote from: Wizzer on July 27, 2014, 12:40
Quote from: nyolc8 on July 27, 2014, 10:56
Quote from: TAZ_(USA) on July 27, 2014, 03:49
Quote from: nyolc8 on July 26, 2014, 17:53
I modified "Diesel V2" CLEO script (my first CLEO scripting experience :D) and effects.fxp to get a nice black smoke everytime you press accelerate in diesel trucks. The original CLEO script used the riot smoke which was strange for me, also it worked only after you totally stopped the truck. This one ommits smoke on accelerate even if the truck moving.

Download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!LlYVWSqQ!eagwDb7bjLH-OgTyyiBuw1G_8faUngWwC_4GQ7fMhX8
is there a way to make the smoke come out when ever the accelerator is pushed, I mean if the accelerator is pushed the smoke will come out. (all the time) Like real trucks do!
mean, I never saw trucks with huge smoke when they're just going on a highway.
Couldn't find a youtube link.. click here
That's on video because it's not normal... lol That is tuned or something... :D

BUT I improved the CLEO script, now it ommits black smoke for about 2 second max, but stops earlier if you release the gas. So the script ommits smoke relatively how long you press the accelerate. I'll try to make the max time configurable somehow. But 2sec looks realistic. I'll upload it, just testing it. :)

edit: there will be an ini file and you'll be able to set max seconds for smoking.

nyolc8

The CLEO script is done with it's own configuration ini file, just trying to refine the smoke effect in effect.fxp file. :P

Taz_Brock

Quote from: nyolc8 on July 27, 2014, 16:49
The CLEO script is done with it's own configuration ini file, just trying to refine the smoke effect in effect.fxp file. :P
that's awesome man thanks

Do not use the riot smoke please lol

:P

My Looney Tunes Phone

nyolc8

Quote from: TAZ_(USA) on July 27, 2014, 17:57
Quote from: nyolc8 on July 27, 2014, 16:49
that's awesome man thanks

Do not use the riot smoke please lol

:P

My Looney Tunes Phone
Don't worry I changed that as well, the effects.fxp file has an own diesel smoke particle, and this script uses that. :P

Emily

Quote from: nyolc8 on July 27, 2014, 10:56
Quote from: Emily on July 27, 2014, 09:32
Love the mods used.. Just too lazy to install them, and my GTA is amazing already.. Don't wanna risk breaking it like I do every other month
what do you do to that poor thing? :O my gta works for almost two years now without reinstalling :D

Lol make some very bad mod choices which leads to me not being able to run the game without crashes, etc... And I always forget to backup, except gta3.img my img editor has an option to replace with extraction.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Ethan

Quote from: Emily on July 27, 2014, 09:32
Love the mods used.. Just too lazy to install them, and my GTA is amazing already..

so copy your entire SA folder, and paste it into a new folder called something like SA mod test, that way you have a second one to test shit on before you would use your main and possibly fuq that up.. the way I do it..

nyolc8

So here's the smoke script I made, based on cleo script called "Diesel V2". If you tried that before, you'll see how much improvement is this. :)

What new things I added/changed (almost everything lol):
- it now works based on truck speed
- it now checks holding keys, also built in whole new checking mechanism for keypresses.
- it checks if vehicle is dead (example: if vehicle in water, and engine broken, then smoke won't come)
- smoke comes for a few sec max (configurable in diesel_smoke.ini file)
- smoke only comes if truck stopped or truck going slowly (configurable in diesel_smoke.ini file)
- configurable with diesel_smoke.ini file (max speed and max time for smoke)

Requires these CLEO(4) plugins:
- IniFiles.cleo
- IntOperations.cleo (I'm not sure)

But these CLEO plugins are there by default.

The effect.fxp and effectPC.txd files are from "active dashboard", but effect.fxp is modified by me, to make the diesel smoke more real, also made some other effects better then it was (reduced/removed crazy-high values for some particles).

Images (but it looks much better when you see it moving :P):

[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/T5Ls8#0[/imgur]

DOWNLOAD

I touched any CLEO script first time yesterday, so if you experiencing any error, then don't attack me, this is just my first experience with CLEO scripting :D

Ethan

I only have one question: can you somehow change the effect to where the smoke and stuff lasts like 5 sec instead of being there after youve left??  I have something like that and its annoying.. or you could simply tell me which file its under , how to open it and where to edit..

Rubber

Quote from: Ethan on July 27, 2014, 20:47
I only have one question: can you somehow change the effect to where the smoke and stuff lasts like 5 sec instead of being there after youve left??  I have something like that and its annoying.. or you could simply tell me which file its under , how to open it and where to edit..

Quote from: nyolc8 on July 27, 2014, 20:37
come)
- smoke only comes if truck stopped or truck going slowly (configurable in diesel_smoke.ini file)

He said it there ^

Ethan

nyolc8

Quote from: Ethan on July 27, 2014, 20:47
I don't fully understand, you mean you want the smoke to dissappear faster? Then you need to edit effect.fxp. Open that file, then find "diesel_exh" section, and under that find "FX_INFO_EMLIFE_DATA", and under that, find "VAL: 2.200". Change that value for smaller. 2.200 means 2,2 seconds. That means when a smoke texture comes, that texture starts to fade out after 2,2 seconds. So just play with this value to see what is good for you :)

edit: I just see you mean all the effects. The "FX_INFO_EMLIFE_DATA" is in there for all particle type. So you can edit each particle lifetime.

Ethan

I found it, tested it. fixed it.... by the way, for some reason I lag using your files on an alternative game..same stuff used on main except for your graphical stuff

nyolc8

It may lagg because of the high draw distance. It depends on computer specs.

Ethan

Quote from: nyolc8 on July 27, 2014, 22:10
It may lagg because of the high draw distance. It depends on computer specs.

then there is my answer.. my computer specs suck... ok

Taz_Brock

Quote from: nyolc8 on July 27, 2014, 20:37
So here's the smoke script I made, based on cleo script called "Diesel V2". If you tried that before, you'll see how much improvement is this. :)

What new things I added/changed (almost everything lol):
- it now works based on truck speed
- it now checks holding keys, also built in whole new checking mechanism for keypresses.
- it checks if vehicle is dead (example: if vehicle in water, and engine broken, then smoke won't come)

Requires these CLEO(4) plugins:
- IniFiles.cleo
- IntOperations.cleo (I'm not sure)

But these CLEO plugins are there by default.

The effect.fxp and effectPC.txd files are from "active dashboard", but effect.fxp is modified by me, to make the diesel smoke more real, also made some other effects better then it was (reduced/removed crazy-high values for some particles).

Images (but it looks much better when you see it moving :P):

[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/T5Ls8#0[/imgur]

DOWNLOAD

I touched any CLEO script first time yesterday, so if you experiencing any error, then don't attack me, this is just my first experience with CLEO scripting :D
thank you sooo much!  :)) :)) :))