senseless control of the forum...

Started by Rubber, January 14, 2014, 04:09

Rubber

I received  warning for applying to joshys topic regarding staff activity. Why am I not allowed to voice my opinion? It was just one freaking little post related to the topic. I was not going off topic and I did not disrespect anyone. This is just silly. Of course I replied to the same topic with my thoughts on this but after posting I realized I got a warning. However, this post probably wont be approved so nobody will see what I have to say on the matter.

On this note, I will post my thoughts and complaints here... Why are players allowed to view and reply to topics they are not supposed to? To me, the complaints section should be HIGHLY player-oriented since PLAYERS have complaints and have opinions on the matter. So WHY IS THE COMPLAINTS BOARD VISIBLE TO PLAYERS? Just move it to admin board if it doesnt concern players. This incident really pissed me off. Why are staff acting like dictators recently? The forum is here for players. If staff need to discuss something, take it to the staff board... But dont warn players for posting a relevant post on something they CAN post to...

Not only would I like my warn removed, I would like the complaints section just moved to the staff board. And staff: please dont act like you own the place....you dont. The server and forum would be NOTHING without players. I am a multi-donater and really old player here. Over the past year, both the server and forum have become more and more like a dictatorship. Staff members need a reality check. You were all regular players once. How would you feel if you were warned for posting something useful to a topic you have right to post in? This is rediculous....

And please let PLAYERS respond to this topic since it does involve PLAYERS.

Dobby

This is going to turn into a huge "Lets attack staff" type of thread.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Ethan

you received a warning because you are no longer staff and have no relevance replying.  it does not matter if you never went offtopic or disrespected anyone, you know you shouldnt have posted to begin with.
I dont get the whole statement of why problems and complaints should be moved to admin board.. then why do we have it to begin with if people dont have a proper area to go to lodge complaints, the general or report player would be spammed with stuff. It concerns or relates to players simply so people can see previous complaints and learn not to do it over and learn from previous 'complaints.'
warning will be lowered but the complaints section wont be moved, its been there since I can remember.

this topic does involve players, however, people must keep it on some sort of constructed topic (dont know exactly what that will be but) or it will get locked again

Rubber

Quote from: Ethan on January 14, 2014, 05:26
you received a warning because you are no longer staff and have no relevance replying.  it does not matter if you never went offtopic or disrespected anyone, you know you shouldnt have posted to begin with.
I dont get the whole statement of why problems and complaints should be moved to admin board.. then why do we have it to begin with if people dont have a proper area to go to lodge complaints, the general or report player would be spammed with stuff. It concerns or relates to players simply so people can see previous complaints and learn not to do it over and learn from previous 'complaints.'
warning will be lowered but the complaints section wont be moved, its been there since I can remember.

this topic does involve players, however, people must keep it on some sort of constructed topic (dont know exactly what that will be but) or it will get locked again

Thank you ethan for the first relevent post. I posted there because I thought since I was a player I was allowed to as long as I provided something useful...which I thought I did (however this is highly open to opinions). My point with moving the board was simply to make a point. Im not actually saying move it, im saying whats the point of having it there for everyone to see if nobody can post? If thats the case, then it should be staff section only. However, it is there for everyone to see because we CAN post there....which has been my point and complaint all along. I was not in the wrong in posting there. You all say we cant post there unless we are staff.. but you are wrong according to the topic created by lindsey. I am not trying to turn this into a flame war in any way, I just wish the forum were a little more lenient and open. Nobody likes having 100% of their lives controlled, and I frankly dont like the way I am treated here on the forum sometimes.

TheSandman

Rubber, i dont want to come off as heated and hostile, so im sorry if you read my post that way.

The complaint section is for formal complaints, if other players post their opinions, (particularly without support evidence/proof), then everything becomes messy and it makes the complaint harder to complete.
The section is there for anyone to make a proper complaint, anyone can reply but it doesnt mean you should.
For example, if you get accused of something, then you are free to defend yourself.
If you have extra/supporting evidence, then by all means reply, but opinions dont count. We do reserve the right to read and decide what constitutes as an opinion or evidence.
The topic Lindsey wrote in 2012 (more than 18 months ago) is outdated, situations and procedures have changed.

As i said before, i dont want to seem hostile, but as an ex (fantastic, perfect understanding of everything) moderator, you should know this already.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

RaceRX

I totally agree with Rubber. In my opinion, if it wasnt suppose to be there, warn the moderator for accepting the post onto that thread.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

Spekter

Rubber, I don't understand why are you so surprised. It is known that there are a few dictators among staff, whom believe they possess unlimited power in deciding what are the players able to say.

Terrorista310

i was warned 30% few months ago for posting in a ban appeal by some dictator

i was warned 20% for posting in a complain about me

do you see me crying?    :'(
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

sardarji

I dont know why u guys warn....just dont approve their messages. If they post multiple times then warn them.

Hobo

Quote from: sardarji on January 14, 2014, 16:47
I dont know why u guys warn....just dont approve their messages. If they post multiple times then warn them.
Why did you resign?

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

sardarji

Quote from: Hobo on January 14, 2014, 16:49
Why did you resign?
http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,43557.msg259109.html#msg259109
But why r u asking now ? :P

Hobo

Quote from: sardarji on January 14, 2014, 16:56
Why did you resign?
http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,43557.msg259109.html#msg259109
You were a good mod. Plz come back

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

sardarji

Quote from: Hobo on January 14, 2014, 16:58
Quote from: sardarji on January 14, 2014, 16:56
Why did you resign?
You were a good mod. Plz come back
lol. Thank you
I'll come back if u come too ;)

Spekter

Because that's not fun. Certain individuals in the staff team are not missing any opportunities to warn players, even for the smallest things possible. And recently, they started dealing out 20 day bans as well. :like: :dislike:

sardarji

Quote from: Spectre on January 14, 2014, 17:16

Because that's not fun. Certain individuals in the staff team are not missing any opportunities to warn players, even for the smallest things possible. And recently, they started dealing out 20 day bans as well. :like: :dislike:

20 days were too much for a single word u said :P
Welcome back xD