Assistance

Started by mick88, January 23, 2013, 23:22

mick88

I think it this server is so big that we could actually make real assistance service in server. Instead of waiting predefined time, /assistance would call a mechanic on duty who would come and repair/refuel/flip your vehicle. There would still be option to /fixcar yourself, but mechanic would do it quicker.
I think this would be very realistic.
What do you think?

Matias

+1 :D

It would be funny :D

Dobby

Yeah I'd like that :) wouldn't that require a new class though? On TM they have an "assistance" class I think.

Added: if this is added, how long would we have to wait for assistance? Could you say (example)
I type /mechanic
"Not enough assistance online. Use /fix or /flip"
If there is enough assistance say, 3 per city minimum before use this:
/mechanic
"A mechanic has been dispatched. Please stay with your vehicle"
If you can afford it, you have to pay a minimum repair amout, plus tip ;D and if you can't, you go into the red zone..

Just a suggestion along with micks idea
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Super_Nikola

I think it's an awesome idea, but to do something like if mechanic doesn't accept/respond that player can do old /fix, because waiting in Angel Pine for someone in Los Santos Island to come or if no mechanics are online is stupid, so it's very good idea, i have been talking about that with my dude few days earlier, good idea, but needs some consideration about that waiting/fixing
So, i think this is the best:
If player gets damaged/needs fuel, notify all mechanics in same City example:If i am in Red County, notify all in Red County, or if I need fuel @ San Fierro, notify all players that are in San Fierro, and for payment:For Refuel, he can do it @ Rate, after 1st refuel, rate 2... and so...(still cheaper than 5k), and for repair, when player comes, he does /fixcar and he repairs it with speed of 5 or 10 per sec(still, he's a mechanic, so it's realistic and the player doesn't need to wait like an idiot, otherwise he could do it by himself)and for flip...dunno xD

Hobo

Could be entertaining. It would give me something else to do on the server. Normal /fix should still be available but take longer than calling a mechanic to fix the vehicle.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Terrorista310

You will be bored to death before the mechanic arrive, but if /fix still would exist i said, lets go for it, lets make /assistance cheaper to pay but the mechanic would earn 2x or 3x times what you paid for the assistance to be a little fair for the little guy

+1

PS: Only public vehicles can call a mechanic, private vehicles dont pay for it, so doesnt make any sense.
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

mamorunl

Quote from: Terrorista310 on January 24, 2013, 00:03
You will be bored to death before the mechanic arrive, but if /fix still would exist i said, lets go for it, lets make /assistance cheaper to pay but the mechanic would earn 2x or 3x times what you paid for the assistance to be a little fair for the little guy

+1

PS: Only public vehicles can call a mechanic, private vehicles dont pay for it, so doesnt make any sense.

The person doesn't but the insurance does :-) If this is implemented, then please make the waiting time for the automated one longer. No assistance can be there in 15 seconds.

Ethan

would the person that gets called a npc or a specific new class that comes and to help?
the positives: the server would become more realistic to have this added
the negatives: you might have to wait longer and if no persons are available, the regular fix still works.

Matias

You cant make NPC to do something in a place where it's not recorded to work at. Also i dont think mick will use NPC that uses server resources to work.
You will be calling a new class, if they doesnt gives you a response mick said /fixcar will still work.

Philip_Morris

Or meaby an assistance just for Public Vehicles, i mean, public cars can't use /fix or /fixcar and they need to request a mechanic

Dynamo

i think this would be ok for /fix or /fuel but /flip should be left alone cause i would not want a mission to be lost because my RT flipped and i had to wait over a min for a tow truck to get to me.

George

+1 this will make us drive more carefuly; Well i have a suggestion:only persons with tow achievement can join that class.
[]

Supreme

I fear it is quicker, easier and cheaper to just /fix

D.I.T.C

$nake

ONLY if mechanic will be able to do it in 1sec, and we will be able to /fix still, otherwise if we won't be able to fix/flip, we will start to losing missions while flipped/broken :o