What is going on with the server? Public Complaint - Take Action

Started by TheFluttershyPony, January 22, 2013, 15:21

Keolis

Quote from: Noah Blake on January 22, 2013, 20:02
Quote from: Theotheboss on January 22, 2013, 19:53
Server must move to France, only 500km from me  :o
It's in central Europe, most of CT's players live in Europe, so why not get better ping.
because what about the Australians? Think about everyone not just yourself!
He thinks about 90% of the players and that are guys from europe;)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Twido

It's in central Europe, most of CT's players live in Europe, so why not get better ping.
this guy said it right. The host should be somewhere else than france, uk or whatever u guys think of. $nake should host it  :o :o

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Kat

fuckthat ... move the server host in the mid of atlantic and everyone will be happy xD

FaZe1337Sajmon420PL

it was good in begin but now clearly sth happened, hope volt will fix it.

and still: this server got ddos protection. dont forget that.

R16RACA

:ukiddn: :seriously_guy: :fuckthat:  If we move back everyone who isnt European is going to experience the same problem as last time, and the server in general will experience the same problems. We moved and if you cant handle a ping over 200 and a couple of seconds of desync/lag then you can **** off. As i have said before myself, sand, kenworth all used to deal with 400 ping without much complaint so why cant you? /endrant
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

Matias

Theres only one thing i cant understand, you complaining about the ping.
Now ping is equal to everyone, if it moves to europe it will benefits europeans and americans will complain about the ping (which never did before) if it moves to america then europeans complains about ping... fuck it move it to ocean!  :P
:biggrin:

You guys gotta remember there isnt a perfect host, it will only benefit who is close to it, its sad but Volt is not the best host.

RaceRX

Quote from: xcaptainjack on January 22, 2013, 20:24
He thinks about 90% of the players and that are guys from europe;)
you guys are connecting right? Then you're fuckin fine. The Aussies used to all get ping kicked  now everyone has about 200 ping do its completely fair.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

bazingashane0

My opinion to this topic is refer to here http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,33353.msg182241.html#msg182241
Now before anyone get's upset it isn't a direct attack against European players it's my opinion on the matter.
If your going to get upset about laggyness first of all find out whether it's:
a) Your computer or laptop.
b) Your internal home network such as faulty network cables or modems or routers or switches, also using a weak wireless signal can affect you.
c) Your actual internet connection at home or friends place or work place or educational insitution (the connection you are using at the time of lag).
d) Any mods that you have installed. Also don't forget if you have a mod that cause opcodes that you ignore then you really shouldn't be using it at all. (http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,11.0.html - Rule 7 as 99% of the time bad mods will affect other users badly).
e) Try finding a server in the same location as CVT to purely test if you still lag and test it at the same time of day.
f) You may actually find your joining the server at a time where the internet in your area might get congested (normally about 4pm~8pm weeknights)
g) See if others are actually getting any packetloss by asking a moderator or administrator when on the server as they can find out.
h) Finally find out if Volt-Host is having any network problems at the time.
i) When the server has over 80 players and your in a convoy with over 5 players or so close together it will lag a little.
j) Finally be grateful that mick has got the server back up and running with a 500% better uptime and network status then UK and France used to offer.
This above list is aimed at all players from USA, Australia, Europe, Antartica, North Pole, Africa, South America, whereever.
If you find that you are lagging then address all of those issues and come back and find out if one of those is the limiting factor.
h)

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

Matias

Lets not start another America vs Europe fight.

There was a topic about this before: http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,33366.0.html
http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,33353.0.html

Stick to the subject of the topic that is the lag that is being experienced at both sides of world. So far it seems to be a problem at Volt, since it used to run smooth for both sides of world but now its lagging for both.
Share your experience and tell how it affects you.

Do not insult or disrespect anyone.

TheFluttershyPony

Guys, you're missing the point. It is not a complaint about the ping, maybe I missexpressed myself.

It's about damn kicks and time outs and the fact that we cannot play because 50% of our missions are now lost due to some server issues every day.

I am not a 'computerish' person and I lack knowledge about servers and stuff like that, but it appears to me that Volthost... simply sucks.

For me it can stay in US or Syberia, as long as I can play. I can bear minor lags because of 200 ping (which, as you rightly pointed out, is not a thing to complain about) but I don't want to get in just to be forced to get out after 30 secs. As I said, on 20.01.13 in one hour time it happened 4 or 5 times. This is insane, don't you think?

Dobby

Am I the only european that doesn't complain? I replied earlier, but it failed. It basically said that- as long as the servers working, be glad. As shane said, if you're in a convoy, you will lag slightly, and if you're worried that when you lag you'll crash, slow down and stop until the lags passed. If someone crashed into you, ask them (calmly) if it was deliberate. Ask /admins re the packetloss. Just be glad the server actually comes back on after the crashes, last time it was off 10+days was it not?
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

TheFluttershyPony

Quote from: DanielDawson on January 22, 2013, 21:13
Am I the only european that doesn't complain? I replied earlier, but it failed. It basically said that- as long as the servers working, be glad. As shane said, if you're in a convoy, you will lag slightly, and if you're worried that when you lag you'll crash, slow down and stop until the lags passed. If someone crashed into you, ask them (calmly) if it was deliberate. Ask /admins re the packetloss. Just be glad the server actually comes back on after the crashes, last time it was off 10+days was it not?

But it is not 100% working! Why other servers have greater amount of slots and they do not face similar problems?

Again, I am not pointing at minor lags, but huge ones that for example every player experiences, reports and complains about in chat. It is a lag for both US players and non-US ones, so it is not about location. Am I right?

Matias

Quote from: TheFluttershyPony on January 22, 2013, 21:12
Guys, you're missing the point. It is not a complaint about the ping, maybe I missexpressed myself.

It's about damn kicks and time outs and the fact that we cannot play because 50% of our missions are now lost due to some server issues every day.

I am not a 'computerish' person and I lack knowledge about servers and stuff like that, but it appears to me that Volthost... simply sucks.

For me it can stay in US or Syberia, as long as I can play. I can bear minor lags because of 200 ping (which, as you rightly pointed out, is not a thing to complain about) but I don't want to get in just to be forced to get out after 30 secs. As I said, on 20.01.13 in one hour time it happened 4 or 5 times. This is insane, don't you think?

You dont need to be computer tech or anything, we know server been crashing too much this week, it's a problem with volt. And we know thats bad, thanks for sharing your experience and tell us how you feel playing on CT. Mick will look at this when he gets able.
This week volt been so unstable even for american players.

mamorunl

So what you doing right now? :-) I love how people say 'stop thinking about yourself' when they just want it all xD

@ topic: Location is fine, the sudden lag spikes or server outages are NOT. Suddenly everyone desyncs, I can't even see the tags on the players head when they drive past. If they can fix that, all is fine.

mick88

If the server is being laggy, it probably means it's being attacked. Do you prefer laggy server or server down?

All server crashes are logged and in the last days there were only up to 3 crashes a day. Is that what you're complaining about? I will tell you 3 crashes in 24 hours is nothing. Just because you happened to have your carshow at the time, doesn't mean that I will move everything to a new untested host.
Sometimes what you think is a server crash, is just a connection timeout. It can happen anywhere between you and the server. Go to the server info on the website to see the uptime.

Ping by itself means very little. Check your packetloss.

To give my persnal opinion about the new hosting location, I think it's very good. My packetloss is much lower than before and despite high ping, it's very responsive for me.