News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Feedback about CT maps

Started by Konali, July 15, 2012, 11:57

Rubber

My personal opinion on the CVT mapping is this:

A lot of the areas are kind of boring (sorry if I offend anyone). The whole wet county area seems too square and "cookie-cutter" similar. All the islands look kind of the same and all roads are square and boring to drive on (I know the reason for this is so the GPS script can be used to show roads on the minimap...but still). Curvy and hilly roads are more fun to drive on than straight and flat ones. However, I still like WC because it is an addition to the original map. TBH, the server would be quite boring without WC.

Now that I am a mapper, I try to use unique objects and create cool places (the Sandus cave was my little 'Easter egg' idea). I think neat places like this keeps people interested. There are more cool things to be added onto Sandus (assuming they get approved).

About the temporary mapping additions like roadworks: I think there are too many 'accidents' and road construction sites. Also, I think they are left in for way too long. I remember one site that was in for over a year. I think a month is a reasonable time for temporary mappings. I haven't been on the server to see many of the new mappings lately, but I hear they are quite unique...and for that I give the mappers applause  8)

creamy1

Quote from: Joshly98 on July 15, 2012, 12:21
I like all the maps, except for the roadworks behind lv airport. there is not enough room for trucks to get through

There is enough room I made it with a petrol tanker, there is just not enough room to turn left from that street, I had to go around the block.

Joshy

Honestly I think mappers shouldn't have to be restricted to 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree roads just because of the GPS map, it just makes things boring...
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

RaceRX

Honestly, i say fuck the radar and just make billboards.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

zimon

We need a truck stop, not like WC truck stop, you can't call that a truck stop
there should be a $ and a big parking place (not able to be used as truck park , or maby? ) and a big gas station and some trees and maby some area to host car show, that would be a good truck stop

Quote from: The_Hobo on August 08, 2012, 17:04
Oh, and nice Justin Beiber haircut.
[hide=Picture][/hide]
God bless America

Hobo

Quote from: zimon on July 17, 2012, 06:53
there should be a $ and a big parking place (not able to be used as truck park , or maby? ) and a big gas station and some trees and maby some area to host car show, that would be a good truck stop
Like the one at Eyre?

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

zimon

Quote from: The_Hobo on July 17, 2012, 06:56
Like the one at Eyre?
if you mean the one at the marina? yes some thing like that

[hide=Picture][/hide]
God bless America

RaceRX

Like the one at Eyre?
Nicer than that. Im thinkin something like the one on truckmania, their hotel where the red county gas station is by hunter quarry. I might apply to start mapping.. believe it or not, not to brag, im one of the best mappers you will find (;
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

zimon

Quote from: RaceRX96 on July 17, 2012, 07:20
Like the one at Eyre?
Nicer than that. Im thinkin something like the one on truckmania, their hotel where the red county gas station is by hunter quarry. I might apply to start mapping.. believe it or not, not to brag, im one of the best mappers you will find (;
I was thinking about the one at TM 2 when I'm did write this, but we need a better one to be proud off

[hide=Picture][/hide]
God bless America

DJ_Smashon

Everything is nice but the Happyland - LV bridge is too small :s
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

$wedenTrucker!

More islands and other :D:D

Twido

just change the bridge from Rockshore, las vanturas -> Happyland, thats all i want :s

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Supreme

Quote from: twido on July 19, 2012, 20:18
just change the bridge from Rockshore, las vanturas -> Happyland, thats all i want :s
Quote from: RaceRX96 on July 17, 2012, 06:29
Honestly, i say fuck the radar and just make billboards.
This

Terror310

There are some bugs, but the server map is pretty good.

TheGame

The most maps looks good but at all the mapped islands, the sides aren't perfect, you can enter it at some locations.