News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Building a pc

Started by Joshly98, July 14, 2012, 18:57

TheSandman

PLE Computers I use for buying parts, not systems though. I might be getting a job there in some months, the manager that works there gave me a discount on my 7870, and said I knew alot about PC's, so he could hook me up. ;)
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Vinny

What about this ?
www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemID=608567&CategoryID=629
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Vinny

I seriously don't know anything about motherboards, videocards and processors xD
But i can learn extremely fast.
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

DJ_Smashon

I recommend 7000 series AMD cards. Don't buy 6000 They're soon getting old. :P
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

droctogonapus

╭━━━━━━━━━╮╭┓┈┈┏╮
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃┃╰╮╭╯┃(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Fuck Tables.
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃╰━┓┏━╯ 
┃┈┈┈┈┈-●┈┈┈╰━━╯┃
┣━━━━━━╯┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
Its a whale.  Computer Specs[spoiler]
Video card: Asus AMD R9 270 + Gigabyte GeForce GT 620 1 GB (Physx Card)
CPU: AMD FX 6300
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black 7200rpm
Case: Zalman Z9 Plus
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX650 Modular Power Supply
Memory: Amd Radeon Entertainment Series 16GB DDR3 1600 CL9[/spoiler]

Vinny

I was looking for a hdd. This thing attracted my attention:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148782

Because its written:
Parts: 90 days limited
Labor: 90 days limited

Does it mean that the hdd will stop working after 90 days ?

Dr_dog

Who knows about seagate. Their drives are bad anyways
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Vinny

Im just asking :P
Im not planing to buy some shit parts.

Rockey

What i use- NZXT Phantom full tower case
- 8GB ram
- AMD Hex core
- AMD 6850 2GB model
-150GB HDD For keeping photos, movies and music on
-2TB HDD
-Asus somthing motherboard xD
Total build price of around £750

I would recommend to you
-You need a full tower case 100% if you dont and want to upgrade in the future you will need to buy a new case which will cause complications, also it will avoid problems with for example your graphics card not fitting into the case.
-Pick brands wisely, I went with AMD CPU's because they are cheap, This isnt a good thing though as they are not as good as Intel, but for a intel 6core would have been alot more money and way out of my budget. So for budget get an amd 4,6, or possibly even an 8 core if you have the moeny.
-DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT get a cheap power supply, this is the biggest mistake you can make as if you think a £20 750watt power supplie will run a gaming pc, it wont.. it will simply fail and possibly cause damage to you pc. I recommend spending anywhere from £80-£100 on a power supply.
-Get enough storage, if you feel you only need 500GB get 500GB but look on your current pc and see how much you use.. i was filling my old pc which is why i brought so much storage to make sure it doesnt happen again.
-If you have the money buy an SSD.. A solid state drive, this will dramaticly increase to boot time on your pc, if you get a 120GB SSD you will easy fit windows 7 ( i assume this is what you will use ) and a few games onto the drive, this will make your time on your pc more productive.
-Get a watercooling kit if your going to overclock and be careful when installing any damage to the pipes will cause HUGE problems inside your pc.
-Get a motherboard that can handel two graphics cards, you will need two 16x ports, when two cards are installed they run at 8x and 8x but having two older cards, for example in a year or so's time depending on game development a 6850 may not be up to standard, so you just put in a second one and crossfire them then you are upto date.
-And my final tip, dont do what i did when i built my pc and put the cpu in the wrong way.. i was very lucky not to damage mine and refit it.. but you may not be so lucky and this could cost alot of money if you damage your cpu

Im a little nerd for 15... i know  O0

-Rockey

Dan_Nobleman

^^^ I am also 15, but I know more.

My build, of course:
Case: Corsair 800D
CPU: Intel i7-3960x 6core (12 threaded) OCed to 4.8 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage Extreme IV
GPU: 3x ASUS  3GB 1GHz Reference 7970s (Replaced with custom watercooling blocks)
SSD: 4x Corsair ForceGT 240GB In RAID 0
HDD: 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0

Time to correct

1. Full tower cases are nice, and can be used throughout a few builds, I personally recommend only getting full towers because of how much room you have.
2.  AMD CPUs are not recommended for actual gaming PC builds, since they just create horrible bottlenecks. If you're only going to play SAMP, go for it.
3. Cheap power supplies have horrible capacitors and voltage regulators, now you should always look for respected brands, because they have a lesser chance of providing dirty electricity.
4. More storage is always better, Don't just settle for a 200 gb POS HDD, get a high density Caviar Black 1 TB HDD. They perform great, have wonderful reliability, and has Western Digital's reputation backing it.
5. Caring about boot-time is just stupid. Sure, SSDs can be wonderful for bootdrives, and for gaming, but if you overuse it, say, using it as a gigantic page file, you're wasting your money, it'll just burn a hole in your pocket.
6. Don't get a watercooling kit, they don't exactly perform any better than some air coolers, If you want to do watercooling, make a custom loop, it might cost more, but it actually is worth it. Look into getting a Hyper 212 EVO or something.
7. Almost any motherboard can handle two graphics cards, but look specifically for ones that say "SLI Supported" or "CrossfireX Supported", or else you really can't run SLI or Crossfire. Also, there are (Intel) motherboards that can support running x16 x16 x8 configurations, but the difference between x8 and x16 is not noticeable.
8. There are markings on the CPU itself, and on the motherboard, examine it carefully, if you put it in wrong, you basically broke it.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Vinny

Dan, how much you paid for it ?

Rockey

Quote from: Dan_Nobleman on July 17, 2012, 23:51

My build, of course:
GPU: 3x ASUS  3GB 1GHz Reference 7970s (Replaced with custom watercooling blocks)

Time to correct

1. Full tower cases are nice, and can be used throughout a few builds, I personally recommend only getting full towers because of how much room you have.
2.  AMD CPUs are not recommended for actual gaming PC builds, since they just create horrible bottlenecks. If you're only going to play SAMP, go for it.
3. Cheap power supplies have horrible capacitors and voltage regulators, now you should always look for respected brands, because they have a lesser chance of providing dirty electricity.
4. More storage is always better, Don't just settle for a 200 gb POS HDD, get a high density Caviar Black 1 TB HDD. They perform great, have wonderful reliability, and has Western Digital's reputation backing it.
5. Caring about boot-time is just stupid. Sure, SSDs can be wonderful for bootdrives, and for gaming, but if you overuse it, say, using it as a gigantic page file, you're wasting your money, it'll just burn a hole in your pocket.
6. Don't get a watercooling kit, they don't exactly perform any better than some air coolers, If you want to do watercooling, make a custom loop, it might cost more, but it actually is worth it. Look into getting a Hyper 212 EVO or something.
7. Almost any motherboard can handle two graphics cards, but look specifically for ones that say "SLI Supported" or "CrossfireX Supported", or else you really can't run SLI or Crossfire. Also, there are (Intel) motherboards that can support running x16 x16 x8 configurations, but the difference between x8 and x16 is not noticeable.
8. There are markings on the CPU itself, and on the motherboard, examine it carefully, if you put it in wrong, you basically broke it.

I was not trying to state im some sort of expert  :D but just giving my views on things, also about amd not being for gaming is a load of horse shiat, I run bf3 with 40fps on max setting on my pc, your telling me thats not gaming? i know intel is better but on a budget amd is better as intel cost a bomb.

droctogonapus

I also recommend a ssd drive to install your os on and it will boot up in like 15 sec.  The other stuff on a hdd

╭━━━━━━━━━╮╭┓┈┈┏╮
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃┃╰╮╭╯┃(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Fuck Tables.
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃╰━┓┏━╯ 
┃┈┈┈┈┈-●┈┈┈╰━━╯┃
┣━━━━━━╯┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
Its a whale.  Computer Specs[spoiler]
Video card: Asus AMD R9 270 + Gigabyte GeForce GT 620 1 GB (Physx Card)
CPU: AMD FX 6300
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black 7200rpm
Case: Zalman Z9 Plus
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX650 Modular Power Supply
Memory: Amd Radeon Entertainment Series 16GB DDR3 1600 CL9[/spoiler]

Dan_Nobleman

Quote from: rockey96 on July 18, 2012, 00:04
Quote from: Dan_Nobleman on July 17, 2012, 23:51

My build, of course:

Time to correct

I was not trying to state im some sort of expert  :D but just giving my views on things, also about amd not being for gaming is a load of horse shiat, I run bf3 with 40fps on max setting on my pc, your telling me thats not gaming? i know intel is better but on a budget amd is better as intel cost a bomb.

40FPS isn't anything of gaming quality. I can push 100FPS easily @ 2560x1600
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT