Modding tutorial using Zmodeler

Started by Rubber, May 20, 2012, 05:08

Matheus

Quote from: Cr4ck3r on June 11, 2012, 01:37
Yes....
But still doesn´t work^^

Can you send me a picture from your RT on zmodeler?

Deff

Quote from: Cr4ck3r on June 11, 2012, 01:37
Yes....
But still doesn´t work^^

Are those textures working in your zmodeler ?

If yes, make sure you also add them back in the txd files (if they are not there).
You will get white objects ingame if the txds are not there.

Rubber

Open your road train TXD file with txd workshop. Export all images to TGA to some folder. Open your vehicle.txd file and export all images to TGA to the same folder. Open ZMod and import all the images (I assume you know how to import them). Now import your road train DFF file. Before you click import, make sure the "preffered image type" (or something like that) is selected as TGA. This should work.

Back to the tutorials. I have episode 1 (brief explanation of ZMod) and episode 2 (how to import mods...ironically) all done and waiting to upload them as soon as I get on decent internet. I'm also almost done with episode 3 (how to do basic modding and texturing).

Anri

Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

Irish

Decided to go get Zmodeler and fiddle with it myself, but after 2 days I'm going crazy over it, it seems every build has something wrong with it, in my opinion anyway.

The newest one 2.2.6, You need to pay 45$(no importing) and doesnt have the flat surface tool, since I wanted to try and copy a blueprint.

I managed to find a registered 1.07 build, but it can't import GTA SA .dff since the program crashes or says I have low memory. (Looked it up on other forums and apparently 1.07 can't import GTA SA .dff's anyway.)

Finally I tried getting the v1 SDK from the Zmodeler website and I find the v1 builds to be confusing.

So what build are you lot using?

Matheus

Quote from: Irish on June 13, 2012, 17:57
Decided to go get Zmodeler and fiddle with it myself, but after 2 days I'm going crazy over it, it seems every build has something wrong with it, in my opinion anyway.

The newest one 2.2.6, You need to pay 45$(no importing) and doesnt have the flat surface tool, since I wanted to try and copy a blueprint.

I managed to find a registered 1.07 build, but it can't import GTA SA .dff since the program crashes or says I have low memory. (Looked it up on other forums and apparently 1.07 can't import GTA SA .dff's anyway.)

Finally I tried getting the v1 SDK from the Zmodeler website and I find the v1 builds to be confusing.

Vinny

Quote from: Matheus on June 13, 2012, 17:59
Quote from: Irish on June 13, 2012, 17:57

More people use 2.2.4 i think. Me too
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Matheus

Deff

Irish

Hmm, The versions from 2.2.1 - 2.2.6 seem all the same interface wise, but it still isn't helping me much. I took two pictures, hopefully someone will know what I'm trying to get at.  :-\

I found a nice tutorial on the web (not youtube) Its only text with some pictures but anyway I was doing good, making blueprints etc until I was meant to use the flat surface tool, and this is where I'm confused.

The person who made the tutorial has a v1 and v2 version since Zmod updated. And in both tutorials I have to goto Create>surface>flat, and no I cant ask the person since there is no type of way to contact them.

Just right click and view if its too small to read.

1.07 - See how many tools this has? 1.07 would be good although it cant import .dff and crashes.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

2.2.1-2.2.6 are all the same, less tools etc? It can import but missing tools?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Am I missing something here??? Did they take out the flat tool and the other ones you see in 1.07? I keep asking about the flat tool as its apparently needed when making a car from scratch or copying a blueprint. And sorry for the big ass post.

Rubber

Irish, I don't have that command on my version (2.2.4). What exactly are you trying to do? Are you creating a mod from scratch? If so, look up on youtube how to do so. It is possible with the later versions because I have done it. It is too hard to describe, but if you can't find a tutorial on youtube, let me know and I will try to explain it.

Also, if you just want to create a flat surface, go to Create ---> surface --> grid (click on the little box to the right of grid and make it a 1 column, 1 row surface). Create the surface in your workspace and you now have a flat surface. You can texture it with whatever texture you want (including blueprints). I don't suggest this way for creating mods from scratch as there is too much error in it.

Irish

Well, since there is no decent tutorials on youtube, trust me I spent nearly enough a full day looking for one. Either the tut someone uses notepad to describe it and its terrible, or just If I type in  "Zmodeler for beginners" but yet everyone doesn't even give a breif of explanation of what the hell he/she is clicking on, No commentaries etc, So I gave up on youtube.

In my earlier post I meant, why isn't there as many tools in 2.2.1 and up but yet there is in 1.07.
Until a good tutorial comes out I wanted to try and mess around with Zmod for abit, and found this tutorial :

http://www.etspe.ca/zmt/v1/3.html (get rid of the 3.html for content table)

Which seems good, As I found blueprints for a car and wanted to try and copy a blueprint. But since whenever I try to follow this tutorial it always refers the "grid" tool as a flat surface. I'm guessing from what you said they both do the same job?

Man this stuff is harder than I thought.  :o

Rubber

Well Irish, sorry to disappoint you, but my tutorials will be with notepad..I can never find a quiet place to record. I try to explain things as best I can so hopefully it shouldn't be too bad.

As for tutorials that are already out there, check out this 7 part series. I think this shows you how to create mods from scratch...it's a long process but here it is:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbWOslf6ulU&feature=channel&list=UL

Irish

Ahh its ok, as long as I can read it I don't mind at all. Thanks for the link, I watched it but gave up as it was going way to fast. But I found other tutorials and read the document on the zmod site.

I managed to make a Lambo Gallardo, well the side of it anyway, but it looked like a hedge hog since I messed up the extruding lol. I'll think I'll wait for your tutorial to come out (fingers crossed!) Tbh I'd rather edit the default cars, wheels, add extra objects etc. Making your own models is very time consuming.

Rubber

Haha Irish, you have finally found out modding existing mods is much easier. I like making custom parts for existing mods. I also like texturing. I can make a car have reflections and be shiny...all without enb.