Operation: Bring back the Convoy.

Started by Geckco, February 19, 2012, 15:23

the more people in a convoy = the more cash you gets = bigger convoys

yes
no
maybe

Ethan

so there is a limit to how many people you can have in a convoy now.. I guees I never noticed since noone wants to convoy with me in the first place.. what is the current limit now? all I remember is the couple times clubs would host events with "larger" convoys and it was fun as hell, why not start there?

and +100000000 to this

Geckco

Quote from: Ethan on February 20, 2012, 01:15
so there is a limit to how many people you can have in a convoy now.. I guees I never noticed since noone wants to convoy with me in the first place.. what is the current limit now? all I remember is the couple times clubs would host events with "larger" convoys and it was fun as hell, why not start there?

and +100000000 to this

Look at what zacco said. He said he would log on the server and the first thing he would do was /convoy and there would be a 20 person up convoy. I did the same tthing too. I wanna get on everyday on CVT and be able to relive that.
Banned for show boating in game /warns like an immature child. Warnings are not cool, and are not to brag about.

Ethan

it was a generic question about the limit.. I know, I want to have a convoy too, next time I get on, I will do /convoy but usually noones joins

Geckco

Quote from: Ethan on February 20, 2012, 01:24
it was a generic question about the limit.. I know, I want to have a convoy too, next time I get on, I will do /convoy but usually noones joins

I want mick to give me his thoughts on this badly..
Banned for show boating in game /warns like an immature child. Warnings are not cool, and are not to brag about.

Lindsey

iFrost has a great solution.

But imo mick, it would take about 30 minutes just to get everyone loaded in a 100 person convoy, plus there are only 100 slots, and people leave and come every minute...so that's not ever going to happen either.

Personally...mick has a point. Convoys are still there, people just seem to be doing something else, however if money was an incentive people wouldn't notice that actually they aren't getting a massive increase in money because of the new people they are playing with and the fun they are having.

There is nothing like seeing 20 trucks all driving down the highway. And unfortunatly, humans are only really ever tempted fully by greed, and lust.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Konali

Quote from: iFrost[Tiger] on February 20, 2012, 00:45
I HAVE AN IDEA FROM SEVERAL THINGS I'VE READ HERE

Geckco's idea, but as Mick said people would get like 100k each mission, so what do we do? Simple.
Once a convoy reaches 25 or 30 truckers, the amount of bonus reaches its maximum. So basically if there's 30+ people in the convoy, even if it's 100, there will be a really nice bonus, but not as big as Mick said (100k etc)

What do you think?

thats basicly what i said before lol
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Geckco

wow I like this vote :D 30-5-2

Please keep on voting!

mick88

It's funny how Geckco asks for more money saying that it's not about the money.

By the way, I can see how changing convoy bonus from 25% to $100 per player would cause uproar from other players. You'd need 10 players in your convoy for $1.000 bonus. And oh, the "Join my convoy for most $$$" spam would commence again. I think i've seen it somewhere... oh right, that's why trading houses and vehicles was disabled.

TheSandman

Ive only ever experienced 30+ player convoys once or twice, back when i was a Respected Trucker, and i would like to experience again. Voted Yes.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Kenworth

Quote from: TheSandman on February 20, 2012, 08:38
Ive only ever experienced 30+ player convoys once or twice, back when i was a Respected Trucker, and i would like to experience again...

My idea: why dont we start making convoy events when everyone comes on and does a convoy?

Geckco

Mick go look at my bank account in game. I could care less for the money. The only way we will get this back would be by increasin the more people join in a convoy the more money you get. Maybe theres another way, the reason im asking that is because thats what we had before and it was never bad. Mick pleasse try to work with us on this. Practically most of your staff agrees, and so do other people. This is not a greed thing. For the record no one spammed "join me for more money" in 2010, i dont see this happening now, because if there is a big convoy going around people will just join it and be quiet. To prevent an uproar you can set it to a reasonable price OR make convoy missions pay more when in a 10+ up person convoy, and when you hit the 20person mark it increases and keep on going for every 10 people. Look Mick, I'm trying to coperate. Every negative thing you throw out me I have a solution for it. Theres a way for everything. Can you please atleast give some postitive input?

Geckco

Quote from: Kenworth[AUS] on February 20, 2012, 08:58
Quote from: TheSandman on February 20, 2012, 08:38
Ive only ever experienced 30+ player convoys once or twice, back when i was a Respected Trucker, and i would like to experience again...

My idea: why dont we start making convoy events when everyone comes on and does a convoy?

No. Why?

Because you've never experienced what the real feeling is. Its pointless doing an event that big and waste time  when you could hold a small one for the same amount of money. Plus I want to get on the server and do /convoy and see the main big convoy happening with a lot of people and join it whenever I want. Not make a "once a month event"

Ethan

well making an event with 20 people in a convoy may be more convinient for people so you know there are going to be a certain number of people in the convoy rather then getting on, doing /start convoy and hoping that someone acknowledges your willingness to convoy with people...

mick88

Quote from: Geckco on February 20, 2012, 12:28
Every negative thing you throw out me I have a solution for it.

No, my arguments still stand. There will be no increase in convoy bonus.

Geckco

Quote from: mick88 on February 20, 2012, 14:44
Quote from: Geckco on February 20, 2012, 12:28
Every negative thing you throw out me I have a solution for it.

No, my arguments still stand. There will be no increase in convoy bonus.

compromise with me here. Can you somehow make it a way to increase more people in a convoy?