News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Police Standards

Started by Partyroo, December 12, 2011, 04:59

DJ Kiwi

For me, I'm not prefect at cop and nearly always hit someone but I do say sorry and sometimes pay people even if they don't lose there load. But we need to stop those idiots who hit and run ramming for fines and blow up gas stations. We should only have expects like Thomas being cop.

Click My signature ;)

hellghost

Im a guy that i like to be a cop and when im in duty i chase ppl for their tickets they wont stop and i have to speed so suddendly boom they decide to stop and the cop behind them crashes into thier trailer or avoids and hits something else. Just if you see a cop behind you and as much as you hate the its simply stop before they start chasing you.
SandKing Rules

Partyroo

The main point of this topic for me, is to try & iron out the noob police drivers if possible. I'm not saying all of the people doing police work are horrible, but some are. As I said I think there needs to be an overhaul of the test & harsher punishments for anyone caught trying to cheat it. It does just take one accident to cause a squabble, & I get that most of it are accidents. However there are one or two chronic idiots who cease to learn to drive.

For example ALEKOSZ is good most of the time, but more recently he has been making a lot of "mistakes", as in real life I think people should sit the test once every 6 months to be allowed to do police work. & just alter it slightly every 6 months.

Imgur   | Youtube | Skype
Always remember, never be afraid to ask.
[hide=My Favourite Clubs!]
S.A Lowriders
Universal Trucking
San Andreas Fuel Association
GTA Modders[/hide]
Move along, move along.

Prosonic

I understand why some cops do ram other players, I don't think they should do it but I understand them, if I join the police to drive around with my friends and take a break from trucker, we only gets; "Fuck noob" "Noob cops" "lol a 'Respected Trucker' hahahhaah"

If the police have to change the way they do the things on so do the truckers.

Sorry if my english is a bit bad, I just got tried of allways the police is the bad guys.

"No you where not ban evading.. nooo and im stupid..." - Konali

ThomasKirkman

Skippy, I see and understand what your goal is and would like to see improved police performance myself. However with players coming from all over the world and being of all different ages, I don't think making the test more comprehensive would change much. I see many "qualified" cops acting like complete idiots a lot of the time. They get cocky and do stupid things and then drive off with the attitude that the other player is a noob and that the accident was their fault.

I try to help newer players in the game whenever I can. However I get punished by admins/moderators for answering questions. I was asked the other day by a trucker how I could tell that he needed to be weighed. I explained the green icon to him and an admin/moderator sent me a message telling me not to give out answers to the cop test because that player had not taken the test. PURE BULL SHIT!!! I don't give a damn if he had taken the test or not. He asked me a question about my job. He didn't ask for test answers. And even though those types of questions are on the test, I don't see any problem with someone researching an answer by asking or reading up on it. If people did that more often, we might even have better cops. If they aren't to know the answers, don't print them anywhere. (Sorry, got side tracked).

Anyhow, test improvement is a good idea; however I don't think it will solve the crash problem. I think the best solution is increasing the submission limit a little bit. That would also help reduce lag crashes.

ThomasKirkman

Konali

Quote from: Santaroo on December 16, 2011, 16:50
The main point of this topic for me, is to try & iron out the noob police drivers if possible. I'm not saying all of the people doing police work are horrible, but some are. As I said I think there needs to be an overhaul of the test & harsher punishments for anyone caught trying to cheat it. It does just take one accident to cause a squabble, & I get that most of it are accidents. However there are one or two chronic idiots who cease to learn to drive.

For example ALEKOSZ is good most of the time, but more recently he has been making a lot of "mistakes", as in real life I think people should sit the test once every 6 months to be allowed to do police work. & just alter it slightly every 6 months.

so kinda like: basic skills test for rookies in the beginning
each 3/6 months : experienced cop re-test with multiple test version so they cant cheat that easy.
?
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Partyroo

Quote from: Konali ''CT xmas time '' :) :) on December 16, 2011, 21:10
Quote from: Santaroo on December 16, 2011, 16:50

so kinda like: basic skills test for rookies in the beginning
each 3/6 months : experienced cop re-test with multiple test version so they cant cheat that easy.
?

Pretty much, yeah.

Imgur   | Youtube | Skype
Always remember, never be afraid to ask.
[hide=My Favourite Clubs!]
S.A Lowriders
Universal Trucking
San Andreas Fuel Association
GTA Modders[/hide]
Move along, move along.

R16RACA

Quote from: ThomasKirkman on December 16, 2011, 01:23

You have to be at a certain distance away from a vehicle to ticket the offender and that is why collisions occur.  Getting close enough to allow cops to ticket the offender puts the cop in a "Tailgating" position which is begging for an accident.

Your telling me you cant pull up beside him? 95% of roads in SA are wide enough to pull up beside a trucker. Trust me, i do it.

OR follow at a safe distance until they slow to take a corner or something and then ticket them. And don't whine about missing fines while your following, because you can always choose not to follow him and wait until he wants to pay.
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

ThomasKirkman

Pull up beside him.  Good idea, except most the time to trucker is driving down the middle of the road or swearving back and forth.  Slow to take a corner, yea cops could do that.  IF truckers slowed down.  And the biggy.  "You can choose not to follow him"  I can't believe we are still on this.  What don't people understand on this topic?  This isn't about following after the ticket is issued.  It is BEFORE.  Don't make me pull out the red crayon.

R16RACA

Quote from: ThomasKirkman on December 17, 2011, 18:03
  And the biggy.  "You can choose not to follow him"  I can't believe we are still on this.  What don't people understand on this topic?  This isn't about following after the ticket is issued.  It is BEFORE.  Don't make me pull out the red crayon.

yea, thats what i mean. You don't have to get his ticket.
[/hide]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

ThomasKirkman

R16, by that same logic, the trucker doesn't have to haul that load.  And they don't have to speed and get fines.  And they don't have to overload.  And they don't have to steal cars.  All giving cops a reason to make contact with them.  So R16, you see that it is ALL the truckers fault.  Good logic.  I like it.

ThomasKirkman

R16RACA

Quote from: ThomasKirkman on December 18, 2011, 00:34
R16, by that same logic, the trucker doesn't have to haul that load.  And they don't have to speed and get fines.  And they don't have to overload.  And they don't have to steal cars.  All giving cops a reason to make contact with them.  So R16, you see that it is ALL the truckers fault.  Good logic.  I like it.

ThomasKirkman

its all whoever invented SA- MP fault.
[/hide]
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
[/hide]