News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Police Standards

Started by Partyroo, December 12, 2011, 04:59

ThomasKirkman

So what limits are you thinking of imposing on other vehicle classes.  You need to remember that the player base ranges from very young, to err, umm, older.  The whole idea is to have more responsible drivers and you are not going to get that by limiting the number of runs they make.  It has been my experience that people are idiot drivers on mission number one with a score of 0 and in many cases even more so at mission number 1284 with a score of 3062.  Accidents are just that, an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage.  If it is an intentional ram, report it.  Cops are just truckers until you are wanted.  If they hit you on purpose, it is a violation. But there will ALWAYS be collisions where a lighter faster car is behind a large truck that stops on a dime.

Konali

Like i always say on topics like these, where u want to see things happen about the police in the long term it will not help much because they will find a way to do those 100 or 500 truck missions, or cheat on their tests. And like thomas perfectly explained in his last reply ( i didnt read the others they are to long xD ) accidents happen and when its intentional u could report but otherwise u need to accept that where there is a online community, everyone acts different and like in real live shit happens bro.I know that it seems hard for ya now skip but shit happens how sad that may be :(

Konali
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

R16RACA

Quote from: ThomasKirkman on December 12, 2011, 09:01
R16, Say you have fines.  You see me turn around and start coming after you.  You are the only truck I could be coming after.  BUT, you keep driving full throttle.  I pass 5 or more other trucks that have fines before catching up to you and issuing you your ticket.
Are you going to pay me for all the fines I missed because you screwed with my job?  Hell no you aren't.

hell no im not beacuase its your choice to keep pursuing me. You could have easily taken 2 seconds to reduce speed and hit 2.

ps. late reply cause i was sleeping
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

ThomasKirkman

Your missing the point.
Paying a trucker for loosing a mission due to an accidental collision
VS.
Paying a Cop for intentionally causing him to loose fines because you won't stop in a timely fasion.

The Wolf

If some asshole trucker doesn't stop and I catch up to him, I don't care if I hit them, they know it's their fault, same if they block me I get passed them and cut them off if they are being a dick I lag ram them, I don't care if they loose their mission, fuck em. They should be able to see flashing lights and hear sirens.
Quote from: The_Hobo on September 13, 2012, 03:52
Why do some of you listen to explosive diarrhea?

$nake

Quote from: Santa's Security on December 15, 2011, 04:42
If some asshole trucker doesn't stop and I catch up to him, I don't care if I hit them, they know it's their fault, same if they block me I get passed them and cut them off if they are being a dick I lag ram them, I don't care if they loose their mission, fuck em. They should be able to see flashing lights and hear sirens.
its called being a dicky cop.. its totally not professional..
if u dont care about others while being a cop - dont call urself Pro Cop, its selfish and nooby..

deejayy2k

Quote from: Santa $nake on December 15, 2011, 10:38
if u dont care about others while being a cop - dont call urself Pro Cop, its selfish and nooby..

i agree that gives us cops a bad name, i usually try get beside to fine trucks but it doesnt help when they lag and swerve all over the road, if its a single road and they are lagging like mad i stay back if theyre too laggy its just not worth going after them.

on the other had some truckers dont help themselves by going full pelt then slamming on the brakes causing me to hit them anyway.

R16RACA

this whole topic is why im not a cop anymore. all that happens is shit gets thrown at you. there wouldn't be this problem if we went back to not following for fines.
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

The Wolf

I don't call myself a pro cop, I treat others the way they treat me, so if you can't stop to pay a FUCKING ticket or you start bitching at a cop for weighting your truck, or when a cop is chasing you to weight or ticket and you slam on the brakes and the cop hits you and you start bitching, then you are just an idiot. Now I will be reporting evey trucker that acts like a dick towards me.
Quote from: The_Hobo on September 13, 2012, 03:52
Why do some of you listen to explosive diarrhea?

$nake

Quote from: The Wolf on December 15, 2011, 20:59
I don't call myself a pro cop, I treat others the way they treat me, so if you can't stop to pay a FUCKING ticket or you start bitching at a cop for weighting your truck, or when a cop is chasing you to weight or ticket and you slam on the brakes and the cop hits you and you start bitching, then you are just an idiot. Now I will be reporting evey trucker that acts like a dick towards me.
and do that :) if they r deserving for that, ofc :P i have a nice strategy against weighters: not this time :)

ThomasKirkman

R16.  Following for fines has NOTHING to do with this topic.  It has everything to do with following to ticket the offender. 
I follow after I issue a ticket, but at a safe distance.  That has nothing to do with trying to get close enough to cite them in the first place.

You have to be at a certain distance away from a vehicle to ticket the offender and that is why collisions occur.  Getting close enough to allow cops to ticket the offender puts the cop in a "Tailgating" position which is begging for an accident.  Those collisions often result in the trucker loosing control of his load and failing his mission.  It happens.  If a cop feels that he is responsible for the collision and pays the trucker for his lost load, good for him.  If not then I guess you should avoid speeding OR JUST PULL OVER.

Joshy

Or the weighing and fining detection range could be increased, but please keep the arresting one the same, because they can ram.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Ephraim_Renais

Yes, please increase the fine/weigh range cause there are times when I attempt to fine someone and am practiacally on top of them.  Its those times that some lag spike happens and I'm either underneath them or they mysteriously show up behind me and I'm soon accused of blocking for the fine or weigh.

Oh and Wolf, I'm now keeping an eye for anytime you attempt to fine or weigh me cause if you cut me off or "lag" ram me after, I will be reporting for ramming and blocking.  You don't deserve that badge with that unprofessional attitude.

deejayy2k

Quote from: Joshy on December 16, 2011, 01:58
Or the weighing and fining detection range could be increased, but please keep the arresting one the same, because they can ram.

i like that idea

$nake

Quote from: Ephraim_Renais on December 16, 2011, 08:56
Oh and Wolf, I'm now keeping an eye for anytime you attempt to fine or weigh me cause if you cut me off or "lag" ram me after, I will be reporting for ramming and blocking.  You don't deserve that badge with that unprofessional attitude.
i like this idea :)

Quote from: Joshy on December 16, 2011, 01:58
this either :)