Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

help me

Started by Sjomp, January 07, 2015, 22:53

Sjomp

Ok I need a little help
I got a new laptop
Now I want to pull in my SSD I does have the hole and it actually is inside.
I did see it I even removed all the shit from it.
But then I went in the BIOS and it does not show up :(

I try to google it but maybe we got some smart guy over here that knows this problem :P

Hobo

I'm a little confused at what you're saying. Is this a new SSD that you're putting in your laptop? Have you tried to find it under Disk Manager? Where does it show up and where does it not?

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Sjomp

I used the ssd in my old laptop it was the only hard drive in it.
So now I did put it in my new one.
It showed up when I started the computer it was G:/
But then later when I opened the bios to load a cd to clone the windows to the ssd
The ssd was gone and I couldn't find it anywhere. (not even after restart)
When I get the ssd out and then put it in later again it will show up again when I start up windows
But it will be gone when I open the bios again to load the cd :(

Ethan

so you want to use your old hard drive in your new laptop? did you make sure your old drive was a slave and not a master?

Terrorista310

hows connected? pics plz
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Sjomp

Quote from: Terrorista310 on January 08, 2015, 08:36
hows connected? pics plz

It is connected the right way since windows does recognize it and it's a laptop it fits only 1 way :P

Quote from: Ethan on January 08, 2015, 02:46
so you want to use your old hard drive in your new laptop? did you make sure your old drive was a slave and not a master?
can you do that without going into the bios?

Ethan

i always thought there was a switch or something on the side to show master-OS drive vs slave-storage drive

Dobby

Quote from: Ethan on January 08, 2015, 19:28
i always thought there was a switch or something on the side to show master-OS drive vs slave-storage drive

On IDE HDD's there usually is. SATA doesn't require them. You can set this in the BIOS now. Is the SSD actually powering up when you can't see it in the BIOS anymore?

Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Sjomp

How to check that?

Sjomp

Ok so i just found out that if i disconnect the hdd it will show up.
so when I only run with ssd it works but i got no windows 8 cd so I can't install windows on it xD

Hobo

Quote from: Sjomp on January 09, 2015, 12:51
so when I only run with ssd it works but i got no windows 8 cd so I can't install windows on it xD
Borrow a Windows 8 image from the internet, make a bootable USB with it, install onto SSD, activate.
This will only work if you've bought Windows 8 before though.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Eurobeat

Quote from: Hobo on January 09, 2015, 14:54

Also only if the BIOS version is capable of running the USB as a boot device, old laptops like mine can't do that.

Sjomp

Borrow a Windows 8 image from the internet, make a bootable USB with it, install onto SSD, activate.

The windows on this laptop is activated and the code is on the back so I can fill in that.
But then when the ssd is working will I be able to also plug in the hdd?
I mean the ssd is only 240gb and the hdd is 750gb :P I would love to combinate that

Emily

Quote from: Sjomp on January 09, 2015, 15:21

The windows on this laptop is activated and the code is on the back so I can fill in that.
I mean the ssd is only 240gb and the hdd is 750gb :P I would love to combinate that
You could plug in the HDD... if there is no bay for a spare hard drive (most laptops do not have) then you can look on amazon or wherever you prefer to shop online for a sata hard drive enclosure
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Sjomp

Quote from: Emily on January 09, 2015, 15:49
Quote from: Sjomp on January 09, 2015, 15:21

You could plug in the HDD... if there is no bay for a spare hard drive (most laptops do not have) then you can look on amazon or wherever you prefer to shop online for a sata hard drive enclosure

I got place for 2 :P
I found a recovery thing on my laptop I might get something from it atleast I hope :D