News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Server staff

Started by Lindsey, April 18, 2012, 02:33

Strato

Moderator/Admin rank always requires more time, more responsibility and more patiente. I'm sure not everyone has abilities to be a Staff member.
I have nothing against young Staff members but sometimes it doesn't fit with being a Staff member, due to school and Young life. When someone is a teen, the whole life is in front of him
and if You 'waste' that time with sitting extra hours on the computer due to 'Staff' for example, Your Real life gets damaged hard.

anyway...

The Current Staff that is on Convoy Trucking is the team with perfect guys.. What do I mean with it? They work as a team, diffrent timezones, they have a long 'probation' in the whole thing, some of them are Mappers, some scripters, some mod makers, etc.. everything is supplemented.

Mods should have time to also play, do missions.. just chill but they need to realise that it was their choice to get inside the staff, and the whole responsibility is on their head. Life is hard, sometimes it's harder if You fail at some things and You just can't handle it.

The Real life is also way important, if some people in Staff don't understand it, they just need to realise what it is. The game is just a small part of the real life, and it's not permanent, and the real life is the opposite thing. Some also neglect the real life to be something more in game life.. that's also bad. I started to do it but I have behaved my self and temporary left.

When the serv is full, just 1-2 staff members online it's not easy to handle the whole thing at once. Some people are moaning that the admin didn't teleport right in that second and he didn't see the cheater in that moment, but some players just don't care and they start to complain on forum 'this mod is bad, etc etc'. Instead of 'bitching' in the moderators face just make a vid /  screenshots of the culprit and just report him on forum. The punishment won run away, but the admins time was never wasted.

I know noone reads it but what ever, have fun, Strato.

Lindsey

Well if this means anything to you strato, i always thought if you tried you'd have easily been one of us.

You're mature enough, speak good English and active.

It's a shame you've quit but we all move on in life, and we hope that CVT hasn't "held" you back from achieving goals in your real life with your family.

Stay around on the forums though :D Your wisdom can teach the young ones.
:P

I think what all players and staff need to remember even me, is this is a game and i shouldn't be making time for it, i should be making time for everything else, then using spare time on it, don't make CVT your life :))
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Strato

I didn't 'quit'.. I just need some rest and enjoy things that are the most important, real life.

It wasn't a 'held' cause I never had problems with staying too much and neglect real things at once, sometimes i just had more free time.

You know... Moderator of CVT is a gaming dream for 3/4 of the CVT community but just a few, the most responsable and mature ones will get a chance to be a Staff member.

I did a lot things in the past, like 9 years ago on CVT, some of them were things that I'm not proud of.. but You know.. life keeps going, I wanted to leave the past and give a new view of myself, so I behaved myself. Some of them still may not like me, but i guess noone is on the internet to waste time on haters and people that just don't like You so I ignore it and keep going.

Prosonic

I have not been here too long so have not seen too much yet but what I have experienced are certainly some very talented people who take care of the users and try to help as best they possibly can, I wish you the best luck to be able to continue in a good mood.

I may have also experienced times when there has been talk quite so nicely and I know it can come from that you get stressed or irritated by how people treat each other but actually saying in the chat if you can not properly English, then might as well keep your mouth shut, I will not mention any names for individual brides should know who it is, I just know that I got really angry about it for my English is not the best but it cant stop me from writing with my English friends, or just my Nordic friends on the server because we do not have our own channel as long as we can understand each other, that should be good enough.

The part with Mick not thanking you, I know it even from my real life, earlier I had a boss who never ever told us that we did our job well enough, now we got a new store manager who praises us when we are praised and course also provides us with criticism but it is such a nice feeling when people with a higher authority roses, it's psychological for people that want to be recognized by their leader, but I am pretty sure that Mick is really happy with the work You do.

- Chris

"No you where not ban evading.. nooo and im stupid..." - Konali

Lindsey

Ah well Chris, you're paid for your time in a job, much like i am. The difference here is we are volunteering out of our own free time.

I know multiple times today i'd get a report, i'd spec or tele the player. Then when i got back to my car (i was doing limo missions) another report comes in, and it happened one after the other.

0xSergy was really nice today though, i was impressed, i teleported to him as fast as i could, then tried to get his trailer back for him, we were so close but he lost his mission :(((( but he said "mission lost" "but thanks anyway"

This was really nice and it's people with manners like this that make it worthwhile being mod :)
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Prosonic

Quote from: Lindsey on April 22, 2012, 00:08
but he said "mission lost" "but thanks anyway"

It is sometimes the smallest thing, it takes to save a day, just a smile for example. when standing in store can really make one happy, I have tried to live life as admin on Counter-Strike servers and when it is possible that people can talk to you instead of writing, so they put almost no boundaries, it is inhumane but true :/

I can only say, keep their spirits up.

"No you where not ban evading.. nooo and im stupid..." - Konali

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: Joshy on April 18, 2012, 03:45
Quote from: Lindsey on April 18, 2012, 02:45
If any staff would like to add their experiences as staff (no abusing staff members allowed to post their experiences, if they do, posts will be removed) please do.
I've been here since April 2011 (12 months), and I left CT during that time too. I got promoted to admin in July 2011 (3 months). Some time around the beginning of February 2012, I just totally lost it. I just left, I gave away everything and pretty much told everyone to "go fuck themselves". You know why?

Bullshit. Little stuff like people /report'ing for non-sense. If you know me to some extent, you should know I live in the South Wales valleys. Just let me say this, parts of where I live is poorer than Eastern Europe. I'm not begging for sympathy, but I hear people on the streets shouting shit like "you idiot" and just little things like that. People around here just take it as a joke, push and shove over it at most.

Then you get CT. People reporting and expecting a warn for someone saying "<player> is an idiot". In my head, that is fine because of my surroundings. But people expect warns, and if I don't warn or whatever, it's a case of "another staff member warned me / someone else for 'blah blah blah' me complain about you on forum". My mind got messed up between CT and real life...

Also at the time, the amount of forum reports coming in was simply too much considering I'm a 15 year old who has exams (GCSE) in the near future.

Then you get the lack of support... to be honest Mick... I don't ever think you've said "thanks" to any one of your staff members. I did actually mention this when I left in my "rage-quit topic". It does go appreciated. Otherwise your own staff feels unappreciated, and stuff like this can happen (a few days ago when I raged over cop respawning / a ban reduction):
Quote from: Xfire convo with Konali
[22:31] konali: i dont like this joshy
[22:31] konali: sorry but thats my opinion
[22:31] konali: you rage about every little thing
[22:31] konali: you cant give people chances
[22:34] Joshy: anyway i'll tell you as i said to lindsey:
[22:34] Joshy: [22:32] Joshy: i got a feeling none of the admin team like me anymore and i'm going to be demoted...
[22:32] Joshy: i just feel it.
[22:35] Joshy: and yes, i do truly feel that
[22:35] Joshy: zacco was against me in the beginning
[22:35] Joshy: mick is just "meh"
[22:36] Joshy: even you're disliking me (because i rage a lot)
[22:36] Joshy: everytime i post in that staff board i practically shit bricks because i think you'll think "joshy is cocky. too immature. demote"
[22:37] Joshy: noticed how i haven't posted that "update rules" thread?
[22:37] Joshy: it's because of this.
[22:41] konali: mick shouldnt waste such efforts brought into you  by the server
[22:41] konali: the admin loopup thing you did
[22:41] konali: mick should say atleast: nice i like it

In addition you have the issue of spectating in WC which makes many things difficult. For example being in a convoy is not far from impossible if you're the only staff member online.

Also you have numerous people begging you to get their rig out of the water. So I go and do it, knowing that it's their fault and they should suffer the consequences of not driving carefully (failed mission fee). At times, I can't always type /summoncar and /tele and whatever quick enough to save your mission. But at least say 'thanks' for fuck sake. Don't just drive off saying in the chat "damnit failed mission". I tried, I gave the effort. You should appreciate it. I talked to Konali a few days ago about this. You can call me what you want (copycat whatever) but I agree with this quote from Truckmania.
Quote from: Truckmania
requesting help in getting out of water will be ignored or will end in setting heath to 0 to respawn - it is NOT admins' duty to help you when you fail in driving - we can help when stuck in a wall or other objects but not when you fail at corner, and this kind of request is about 90% of the cases and is absolute waste of admins' time. There were even cases of players raging at admins for lack of help, which is unacceptable. You can't drive - you fail the haul, simple!
So you know, I might just try this out.

I have been practically dedicated to CT when I've been staff here.
Quote from: Xfire
[03:59] konali: dude your taking it to seriously:P go /duty :) play less:) your playing till late always:P its not healthy:P
[04:00] Joshy: Simply because of the stress, and the fact I don't give up on it.
Considering my life routine is either this on weekends:
Quotewake up > go on CT > drink and food > go on CT > get pissed off on CT > sleep
Or this on weekdays:
Quotewake up > school > go on CT > drink and food > go on CT > get pissed off on CT > sleep
"wake up" includes breakfast, brushing teeth, shower and so on.
As you can see, there's no typical 15 year old "go out with friends" activities there. At all. Because I practically dedicated 12 months to CT. And shit's my thanks.

[22:47] Joshy: as i said yesterday "this server will become the death of me"
[03:45] Joshy: It ruined my social life totally. (me referring to CT)
[03:45] Joshy: Why don't I just leave.

So I hope this explains some things.

Oh yeah did I forget to mention I typed this up while I'm on holiday, where I should be taking a break from CT and going out and so on? But instead I'm back on CT.

I'm no staff member and I'm sure I never will be but this makes sense. This opened my eyes. I remember in my earlier days I got mad at some moderator for not saving my truck because my dumb ass pressed Esc on the ferry. People are not considerate. I am sure back in your administrative days Joshy, you did a great job with little reward. Little respect as well, now-a-days I still see flame wars between players, most of them from low score rookies/wannabes, and moderators/admins. And I don't want to sound like "You chose to be a staff member you don't need a life" kind of guy but these kinds of things come with the duty. You will have to cope with them or resign. It isn't easy to tell people to take into consideration that admins are doing their best...people expect them to be Smokey The Bear working perfectly 24/7. Even Smokey makes some mistakes, banning the wrong player. So all I've got to say, you have to cope with it even if it seems impossible. Btw this statement actually isn't only to you but to all admins/moderators.

Older and wiser

Dr_Doom

I dont understand why everyone is making a big deal about CVT...

You log on... Play alittle... Get off... And life goes on... To some people Video Games is a life style, but believe it or not for me its a hobby... A hobby that i enjoy alot and it makes me happy! (Otherwise i would'nt play as much as i do)

When the Server is down... GO OUTSIDE! SOCIALIZE WITH FRIENDS! TALK TO YOU SIBLINGS/RELATIVES! DONT WASTE YOUR CHILDHOOD PLAYING VIDEO GAMES! :P

(I have no choose, all my family is in Jamaica)  ( Sucks for me... :( )

Their should be no reason why everyone in the community can not get along... Its just a game people!

Yes, Becoming a Staff member is hard work but their is only 2 ways to become one... /apply or be referred... If you are not sutatable for the job then simply decline it and move on...

I just hope that everyone can get along... And most important have fun! From this point on I want to squash all my grudges and start fresh! TO ANYONE WHO HAS BAD FEELINGS TOWARD ME... PLEASE LETS START NEW! :D

I hope that this community will continue to grow and we can all be.kind to.one another and once again... HAVE FUN!

:D

_Your Friend Doom :D

Dr_Doom

Btw. Typed all that on my Phone... :P Could'nt wait till tomorrow to express my feelings... Anyway! Have a Good Day/Night wherever you are! :D