Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Server staff

Started by Lindsey, April 18, 2012, 02:33

SeraMondialu

Quote from: TheSandman on April 18, 2012, 12:12
Quote from: Seraphim on April 18, 2012, 12:02
You hate lot of players, and when we /report you dont spec the reported player. And if we make 3 /reports you kick us .

You dont know that she/said admin hasnt stopped to spectate, there is no feature telling you that they have.

Here is an example of what you and LOTS of other people do;
-Someone accidentally rams you, you /report.
-We stop, and spectate reported player.
-We see nothing happening, he is driving normally.
-We spectate you, you are fine/crashed, we have no proof, we cant do anything.
-We unspectate, and continue playing.
-You /report player again, even though he is no where near you.

MORAL1: Dont report for something THAT HAS HAPPENED. Report for what IS HAPPENING.
MORAL2: Take your own proof, + report player on forum.

Simple?

Then why is the /report i game ? Remove it .

TheSandman

Quote from: Seraphim on April 18, 2012, 12:26
Quote from: TheSandman on April 18, 2012, 12:12
You hate lot of players, and when we /report you dont spec the reported player. And if we make 3 /reports you kick us .

You dont know that she/said admin hasnt stopped to spectate, there is no feature telling you that they have.

Here is an example of what you and LOTS of other people do;
-Someone accidentally rams you, you /report.
-We stop, and spectate reported player.
-We see nothing happening, he is driving normally.
-We spectate you, you are fine/crashed, we have no proof, we cant do anything.
-We unspectate, and continue playing.
-You /report player again, even though he is no where near you.

MORAL1: Dont report for something THAT HAS HAPPENED. Report for what IS HAPPENING.
MORAL2: Take your own proof, + report player on forum.

Simple?

Then why is the /report i game ? Remove it .

/report is for when people want to report things that are HAPPENING AS THEY /REPORT.

Say like, i see someone floating, airbreaking, or speedhacking. There is an admin online, i /report. Ban. Done.

If someone hits you, then leaves, then you /report, we dont see anything.

Use /report for when something is happening, if your too slow at typing/no admins online, screen/video tape it and report on forum
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Deff

I don't know why you want "thanks" from mick88, what difference does it make even if he say so? Will it reduce your work?
And honestly I don't think he doesn't appreciate your work, he just doesn't say it. And maybe he only speaks when you do mistakes, but that doesn't mean that he is ignoring the "good part of you", if he just remembers your bad work, he would have demoted you long ago, but he knows that you have the ability.
Not saying thanks, doesn't mean the person is not thankful at all.

Coming to topic:
Maybe server should have atleast 30-40 active staff members for solution, then admins can have breaks in between, like they can be divided into two sections (two teams) , and then these both divided sections can work on alternate days.
But then again like Lindsey said, its very hard to find the right staff which is fair and does the work accurately without any mistake. And most of the players just play for fun, they are not really interested in becoming staff. Secondly it would be a pain in the ass for mick to manage such a huge number of staff.

Anyways, you guys should think of some proper solution to your problem, because expressing your thoughts and crying about playing, reports , hard work, will not solve this issue.

What can you do to reduce your work ? Is there any alternative way? If your answer is that players need to stop reporting and asking help uselessly , then do you think that will really happen ? They are mostly kids out there. I hope you do understand how kids are ? Like for example in a class of 6 year old kid, complains would be like "Mam he is saying me bitch, (and then she cries), (even though he didn't said her a bitch)" or maybe "He took my pen (and cries for a pen, even though he had lost the pen somewhere)" or "He is eating lunch in the class (even though he had himself ate lunch in the class)" or "She is sleeping in the class" etc. small things, well thats how kids are. They will complain for every single little thing, the teacher can't stop them for complaining, because they don't know which complain is invalid or with lack of proof. They don't understand this, so they will just complain, and the teacher needs to explain them/help them/solve their problem or whatever. Similar is the case here.

So yeah, you guys should think of the solution on your hard work, instead of complaining for that hard work. I am sure mick will always help you out because he cares for his server (I can see this) so he would obviously care for its staff. :)

Konali

Quote from: Joshy on April 09, 2011, 01:44
/report [player] [reason]
The /report command is used to report other players who are not following server rules. If it's an accidental ram, then do not report it because by the time we spectate you, we wouldn't have got enough proof to take action. If we couldn't do anything about it, but you have proof (such as screenshot of someone advertising via PM), then report in forum. Please note that if there's no admins online, your report will not be responded to, so use the forum. Do not spam the /report function, or you may be muted / kicked.

On topic: we are here to help, and everything thats in our powers to help players, im happy to do it
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

SeraMondialu

Btw,
Lindsey should stop crying cuz "It is NOT a job for all people, and it's really hard at times, stressful and really not fun" .
She come on server just 2 hrs .

The real staff members who should cry cuz this is stressful should be Konali, Marto, Zacco, TheSandman  . In my opinion they are the most active and they realy should cry cuz this is stressful, but they dont. SO, RESPECT !

///And a staff member who loves what he do, and he love his job, dont cry cuz its stressfull and hard .

Ethan

Josh and Lindsey sumed everything up pretty nicely. I know I get a TY usually if I help someone out, and sometimes it goes unnoticed.

and the reason all of us seem to want a response from Mick is to tell us, yes, we are doing a great job, or no this is what your doing wrong, heres how to fix it.. In my opinion its about feedback from your "Boss/Leader."

If your working at a store and your "boss" doesnt tell you how your doing or how you could improve, its pretty much the same thing here..

Twido

hmm , normal ppl are against to staff ( not all ) and staff is defending his side.

hm, anyways its easy to get nothing of the staff of rookies. i don't know how or why you guys get rammed or get warned, i've never been rammed and staff never had a problem with me i think... ok i hear from people saying something about lindsey when she is offline but i know why -.- but lindsey is well yeah.. a normal girl?? people tell me she got a 'weird' attitude when she talks on Xfire or ig, never had that problem. she is always nice to me and yeah like i said be nice to her and she will nice to you. and to the other staff membs I like you all , you all know that and again like them and they will like you. and its maybe smarter to ignore stuff instead of making a big problem with that small subject..well uhm.. its true staff got a bad side too , they all made mistake once.. but we got that too -.- so instead of beeing mad on ppl that make a mistake LINDSEY it will be nicer to give them a second chance, anyways guys :) be nice to staff and staff will be nice to you.. if they aren't nice .. eh ask some one to help you :) i'm ready and server staff is ready too!

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Lindsey

Ooooh, Lindsey .
Just words, why dont u apply them on server ?
I just want to tell u something, if you say words, apply them .

And if you cry cuz beign an staff member isnt fun, why dont u quit and let someone else in youre place ?
You should enjoy what you do, not to cry .

Accuse me of this again without proof you're warned.
If i kick you its usually because you bitch the  admin chat a shit load.

@deff Why do you think I'm crying? I see nothing here that shows me crying about how I'm unloved. I'm finally making you all aware that we are busy a lot of the time and it's about time you all realised that we don't have time to waste.

@Seraphim I come on server for just two hours? Ha! I was online for probably 12 hours yesturday overall, And i asked konali who the most active mods are, he can't see "time played" but he can see "commands used" And I'm one of the most active, so Thanks.

If someone reports someone, then you report someone, tough shit! you need to wait!

zacco should be crying? About what? He's a great admin but when does he play? Imo Konali does 75% of the administration work around here.

Us staff also have "activity" stats, where we can see bans and warns. Rubber has some crazy amount of bans, he's probably one of the best "mods" with a high ban rate.
Marto is the most incredible "new mod" Absolutely astounds me.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

TheGame

Quote from: Lindsey on April 18, 2012, 06:25
Yes, you must be 100% in control of yourself, and also be 100% confident in what you do and say.

If you are even 99% confident, 1% doubt can really effect you / other players can use that to influence you to make bad choices.

I think this is why I'm not a Moderator, because I can't control myself always and that's why I said to an admin that I don't want to be mod because I'm not ready for it.
People know me and they know that I rage fast and that's the the reason why.
If I can control that, I will think about it again.

Konali

Quote from: TheGame on April 18, 2012, 15:00
Yes, you must be 100% in control of yourself, and also be 100% confident in what you do and say.

If you are even 99% confident, 1% doubt can really effect you / other players can use that to influence you to make bad choices.

I think this is why I'm not a Moderator, because I can't control myself always and that's why I said to an admin that I don't want to be mod because I'm not ready for it.

Thats good TG, thats showing maturity and thats worth something to.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Lindsey

Quote from: TheGame on April 18, 2012, 15:00

I lost control with a player yesterday, and it's the first and last time I've over punished for my feelings.

The player didn't do anything specially wrong, but it was the third time someone did it, so I got pissed off, something staff should not be doing.

And that's a massive lesson to me and proof of why emotions aren't needed.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Deff

Quote from: Lindsey on April 18, 2012, 14:55
@deff Why do you think I'm crying? I see nothing here that shows me crying about how I'm unloved. I'm finally making you all aware that we are busy a lot of the time and it's about time you all realised that we don't have time to waste.

but I didn't said anywhere that you are crying. :o

Maybe there is some misunderstanding ???
The comparison of staff was with teachers and players with 6 year olds.

Lindsey

"Anyways, you guys should think of some proper solution to your problem, because expressing your thoughts and crying about playing, reports , hard work, will not solve this issue."

http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,22000.msg115458.html#msg115458

I think i actually expressed how much I love my work here, but it'd be more epic if i was thanked every now and then. 1 month of not being thanked, ok :D but 14 months.. :/ idk it's a lot. I know he appreciates me, I get reported as staff the most, I know more than all that I wouldn't be here if was a "bad" member of staff, I make mistakes, but I make those mistakes up. If I made a massive mistake, then yes, like others I'd expect demotion, but this will not happen.
[hide=awesomeness]
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Deff

Quote from: Lindsey on April 18, 2012, 15:19
"Anyways, you guys should think of some proper solution to your problem, because expressing your thoughts and crying about playing, reports , hard work, will not solve this issue."
Oh didn't realized that :P
But the way you posted this case, it seemed like you were pissed off with people reporting other players and you seemed to be stressed too much due to the hard work you do. But looks like you are happy with your work as you said just now.

Quote from: Lindsey on April 18, 2012, 15:19
I think i actually expressed how much I love my work here, but it'd be more epic if i was thanked every now and then. 1 month of not being thanked, ok :D but 14 months.. :/ idk it's a lot. I know he appreciates me, I get reported as staff the most, I know more than all that I wouldn't be here if was a "bad" member of staff, I make mistakes, but I make those mistakes up. If I made a massive mistake, then yes, like others I'd expect demotion, but this will not happen.

Well so basically there is no issue at all except that you just want thanks from him.

Lindsey

There's no real issue, the thread is designed for you to see that the staff aren't always able to help you. I know you might be smart and mature enough to see this without the thread, but some players don't see this, and that is sad.
[hide=awesomeness]
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]