News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Laptop Suggestion

Started by CarlJohnson, May 19, 2015, 18:24

CarlJohnson

Hi,
So since my old laptop shitted I've been urging my dad to let me buy a new one. So, I need your opinions and suggestions on what to buy as I don't know much in this case.

My budget is around 800$ (USD) which is ~50k in my country. My budget is really tight as I'm using my savings so I can't exceed it.

As of now I've gone through few of them and I think HP Pavilion-15-p278tx would be a good one.

You can look it up here: http://www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion15-p278tx-notebook-5th-gen-ci5-8gb-1tb-win8-1-2gb-graph-l2z60pa/p/itme3wrydhcqyxyk

Few questions regarding this:-
1. Would I'll be able to play GTA 5 at this budget with decent fps?
2. Would 4gb ram be sufficient for medium-high multitasking like coding and stuff along with games Gta Sa running in background, if not should I go with a 6gb or 8gb one?

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Hobo

That won't run GTA V and you most likely won't find a laptop for under $800 that will run GTA V at a decent fps.
You'll want more than 4GB of RAM.

That laptop is also way overpriced.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Hobo on May 19, 2015, 18:54
That won't run GTA V and you most likely won't find a laptop for under $800 that will run GTA V at a decent fps.
You'll want more than 4GB of RAM.

That laptop is also way overpriced.
Even though it doesn't I'm fine with it, please post if you got some suggestions.
Its India, Things are overpriced!
I found another one it's dell Vostro 3546
Basic Specs :
4th Gen i5
8GB Ram
1TB HDD
2Gb Nividia 820 GF
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Benny

I would rather buy a desktop for $1000-$1500 then a laptop. You will pay more for the laptop with the same hardware then for the desktop.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Benny on May 19, 2015, 19:11
I would rather buy a desktop for $1000-$1500 then a laptop. You will pay more for the laptop with the same hardware then for the desktop.
I forgot to mention that, I need a laptop only, I've a PC already which still needs to be fixed.
I want a laptop since I tend to take it with me + I'll be moving to university soon so I'd prefer shifting / carrying a laptop over a Pc :P
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Hobo

Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 19, 2015, 19:05
2Gb Nividia 820 GF
That card is a piece of shit. You'd be better off with integrated graphics and paying $200 less.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Eurobeat

QuoteIntel Core i5
8 GB DDR3 RAM
1 TB HDD
Windows 8.1
[Apparently] 2GB GPU

I'd call this decent. A bit expensive though...

mick88

I have a Lenovo, but I can't recommend as you won't get as much bang for buck. I think the big brands like HP and Dell may be the same way.
I remember fondly the Asus N50 which I used when creating the server originally and my dad uses it now; it's good enough to play San Andreas and even GTA IV. I'm not saying you should get the N50, but I think Asus is a good brand as long as you get something with dedicated graphics (other than intel!). I also recommend that you get something with higher resolution than 720p if you get a chance and look into getting an SSD.

CarlJohnson

Right now even I've a Lenovo which is like 5-6 years old. I was thinking of getting Lenovo Z510 but thats way off my budget (around 950$)
I did some research and found a decent Asus Laptop, Can someone give out his opinion about it.
You can look it up here: http://www.flipkart.com/asus-x550ld-xx082d-notebook-4th-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-free-dos/p/itmdvyg4krwqgaes

If this doesn't come out as good as I think then I'll move to Inspiron or Pavilion.

And yes, I plan to get a SDD after I save some more money!
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Hobo

Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 20, 2015, 02:50
Right now even I've a Lenovo which is like 5-6 years old. I was thinking of getting Lenovo Z510 but thats way off my budget (around 950$)
I did some research and found a decent Asus Laptop, Can someone give out his opinion about it.
You can look it up here: http://www.flipkart.com/asus-x550ld-xx082d-notebook-4th-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-free-dos/p/itmdvyg4krwqgaes
If this doesn't come out as good as I think then I'll move to Inspiron or Pavilion.

Quote from: websiteThis laptop is ideal for extreme gamers as it comes with 2 GB of dedicated video graphics. It sports an NVIDIA GT 820M graphics processor which allows you to play games with maximum video graphics.
That's a load of bullshit. It's as if they have no idea what they're selling.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Hobo on May 20, 2015, 04:32
Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 20, 2015, 02:50

Quote from: websiteThis laptop is ideal for extreme gamers as it comes with 2 GB of dedicated video graphics. It sports an NVIDIA GT 820M graphics processor which allows you to play games with maximum video graphics.
That's a load of bullshit. It's as if they have no idea what they're selling.
They really don't have any idea, I read few reviews about Graphics Cards and found this is the entry-mid range one.
Hobo do you think this will be able to run GTA 4 at Max settings around 30-50 fps? 
My friend has a Dell Inspiron 14
His specs are:
Core i3/i5 (cant remember)
6gb ram
Along with around 1400mb of Nvidia GPU DDR3
500 GB HDD

And it could run GTA 4 decently at high settings.

And will that Hp Pavilion or any laptop with Nvidia GT 820M GPU (as most of them have this one only) would be able to run GTA V at low-medium setting with around 40-50 fps?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Ethan

show me where low-med settings will get you 40-50 FPS on GTA V with that laptop?

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Ethan on May 20, 2015, 05:32
show me where low-med settings will get you 40-50 FPS on GTA V with that laptop?
I'm asking if it would do that lol, I really don't know much about these stuff....
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

mick88

@Carl they don't say what GPU that laptop has, means it's probably intel.

CarlJohnson

Quote from: mick88 on May 20, 2015, 08:54
@Carl they don't say what GPU that laptop has, means it's probably intel.
I read the specs at few sites, it either has Nvidia Gf 830M - Would need to update it in order to play GTA V (says the site)
While the Dell one has (Link)  has a AMD Radeon R7 M265

I've came up with these two as they're the once with better GPU's at this price range
HP Pavilion
And Dell Inspiron 5548

Although I liked the Asus one because of its processor but these 2 seems to out run it in the terms of GPU and that's what I'll be requiring mostly.

So, which one do you think is better? I'm also looking for benchmarks to select one of them, few sites on which I did comparison gives more performance/overall score to the HP one.
But I don't wanna regret after buying either of them so, it'll be much helpful if you guys can say your verdict/opinion about these two.

More suggestions are welcomed if its better than these two
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT