[Update 1.0 - 2015.03.13] Emergency Lights CLEO script by nyolc8

Started by nyolc8, February 08, 2015, 13:59

nyolc8

Some light shadow progress:
bad news - I have no idea how the original headlight shadow being draw in front of the vehicle because there is only one shadow creator opcode exist in the game... and that one is lagging :| but the stock headlight shadow i not lagging... don't know how that made.

good news - finally know how the rotation works for the shadow opcode (I never understood why the shadow spins like crazy if I set the vehicle Zangle to it) so now I can make beam-like shadows instead of round shadows for lights  :P If I got some luck, then maybe I can make custom light shadows too (this would be the best)

BeastyBill88

Quote from: nyolc8 on February 24, 2015, 16:00
Some light shadow progress:
bad news - I have no idea how the original headlight shadow being draw in front of the vehicle because there is only one shadow creator opcode exist in the game... and that one is lagging :| but the stock headlight shadow i not lagging... don't know how that made.

good news - finally know how the rotation works for the shadow opcode (I never understood why the shadow spins like crazy if I set the vehicle Zangle to it) so now I can make beam-like shadows instead of round shadows for lights  :P If I got some luck, then maybe I can make custom light shadows too (this would be the best)

Very nice! So the lights won't spin around when moving the camera? Custom light shadows would be cool to see in action :D

nyolc8

I speak about the shadows (the spots on the ground) now, not the lights

but succesfully made draw custom light shadow texture from staticons.txd file:

:))

btw I read on gtaforums that there is a fix for the lag... but the link which point to that is broken  :'(

edit: PM'd the guy there... wish me luck :D

edit2: LAGG FIXED! :D

BeastyBill88

That is awesome :D haha good luck, hopefully the guy replies to you.

nyolc8

he didn't but I already found the fix,applied, no more lagging shadow :like:

BeastyBill88

Damn that was quick lol. Can we see the results when you have set it up?

nyolc8

nyolc8

main emergency light shadow is done, it's a simple bmp file in CLEO\EL\shadows\ folder so it will be easily modifiable ;)

BUT now the status icon gets bugged and it freezes out. Basically now I have this bug:
Quote from: SpazzBucket. on February 08, 2015, 23:31
I've also noticed that once you turn the lights on, I can't get the icon abvoe the map to go away, even when I get out of the car it is still there

I have no idea why... I didn't touched the status icon thread at all... :ukiddn:

edit: the shadow lagg fix f*cks up the opcode which draws icon on th screen

nyolc8

The only way is have laggy shadows AND non-laggy shadows too and then the onscreen status works good... ::)

Somehow the onscreen draw opcode uses the same memory address which makes the laggy shadow. So turning off laggy shadow = making draw onscreen opcode permanent.

BeastyBill88

So its either fix the laggy shadow or have the status icon working properly... :S

nyolc8

BeastyBill88

I personally would go for the status icon working properly, as its going to look laggy when at high speed anyways, because of the camera and FOV moving.

nyolc8

well, for me, the fixed shadows have more priority, because the lag is much more visible with beam-like (not round) shadows

I'm thinking some text-based status showing like on these cameras:

I think it would be authentic :D

btw first I need to test if textdraw works with fixed shadows or not

and I'm looking now to see if the used opcode can be used somehow or not

Wizzer

Quote from: nyolc8 on February 24, 2015, 19:42
well, for me, the fixed shadows have more priority, because the lag is much more visible with beam-like (not round) shadows

Good luck :like:
Waiting forward for it :)
[hide=Steam]
[hide=stats]
Quote from: a ban appealWhat actually was happening:
lv was fleeing police and suddenly porqe not sack me and went back inside and did not let me
Quote from: Sorin on May 14, 2015, 19:23
Quote from: Emily on May 14, 2015, 19:04
Quote from: asjhfbisyadfb69 on May 14, 2015, 16:50
So many people from romania lol
no wonder everyone asks for help
:ukiddn:
Quote from: asjhfbisyadfb69 on May 15, 2015, 12:37
The other day I got rammed so hard against the wall my vehicle jumped in the hair and went from perfect to broken wtf.

Quote from: Guest on June 02, 2015, 20:36
Good afternoon some time ago stopped playing Samp personal problems recently reopened it and I appeared Banding not know why I really seems unfair that I Page Broken Dishes Another's hope I solve the problem Regards
Quote from: StrangerWizzer has 6 letters, 6 is our first number, there are 2 z, 2 is our second number, 6-2=4. 4 is our third number, your rest of your name letters are not doubled, 1 is our forth number, 4-1=3. A triangle was 3 thingy things. iluminati is triangle, Wizzer = iluminati comfirmed.
Joci [06 Jun 20:12]:   We need an admin hacker online -.-

BeastyBill88

Quote from: nyolc8 on February 24, 2015, 19:42

Like a dashcam :D nice, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.