Even newer car colors are here!!

Started by Rubber, April 20, 2011, 02:04

Rubber

Quite a few people have asked for me to share my color palette update, so here it is.

It is the same deal as the last one.

Process:
1.  Download the .zip folder attached (not the .png file, that is just a reference of colors).
2.  Locate the file you just downloaded, double click on it, select open zipped folder.
3.  Inside you will see one file, carcols.DAT. Copy this file.
4.  Go into your GTA San Andreas game directory, now go into the data folder.
5.  Paste the file anywhere in your data folder. It will ask you if you want to replace the existing file, click yes.
6.  Go crazy with spray paint!

Some bits of advice: make a backup copy of the original carcols file in case you want to revert back to it later. Also you may want to print the attached reference picture so you can look at the color id # (thanks RaceRX for the idea).

One annoying thing: in game when you do /col, the colors and their names displayed are server side, not client side. So this means you will not see your carcol colors/names. This is why you need to remember what number each color is and choose that number. A check to see if your updated carcols are working is to do /col and select color id # 92 and spray your vehicle. If it is bright pink, it worked! Enjoy!

I hope to see lots of my colors in game.
    -Rubber

Jopi

MAN I LOVE YOU :D
I'm gonna download later,now i muss in school :D
<3333333
:D Thank you :D

:cereal:

Rubber

No problem, my favorite color combo for a RT is 5, 79

Joshy

Black and purple: 0,82  8) Also stickied the topic.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Jopi

Quote from: Rubber on April 20, 2011, 18:14
No problem, my favorite color combo for a RT is 5, 79

yeah yeah :D
that blue is just *_____* :D
now i'm gonna download :D

:cereal:

droctogonapus

nice colours  :D

what .dat program do you use to edit your colours

╭━━━━━━━━━╮╭┓┈┈┏╮
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃┃╰╮╭╯┃(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Fuck Tables.
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃╰━┓┏━╯ 
┃┈┈┈┈┈-●┈┈┈╰━━╯┃
┣━━━━━━╯┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
Its a whale.  Computer Specs[spoiler]
Video card: Asus AMD R9 270 + Gigabyte GeForce GT 620 1 GB (Physx Card)
CPU: AMD FX 6300
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black 7200rpm
Case: Zalman Z9 Plus
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX650 Modular Power Supply
Memory: Amd Radeon Entertainment Series 16GB DDR3 1600 CL9[/spoiler]

Anri

black and yellow black and yellow :P ;)
Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

Artis

Boring stuff.. Know why? Because u can download a file and make ur own colours, what ever u want :p

Rubber

Yes Artis, it was boring to make...but you know what? I spent a few hours to made it so other people wouldn't have to.  And if you make your own color file, you will be the only one to see those colors. My purpose with this file is to get a lot of people using it so we can all see other people's car colors.  If you have your own car color file to share, by all means please post it, I would like to see if people would pick mine or yours. If you don't have anything positive to say, please don't say it.

flyingmoon

Rubber

Thanks for the compliment flyingmoon, I appreciate it.

ShotGun

Nice, but if i put the document in the data map and start the game up the colors are the same as before, nothing changed...
Can you help me please ;)

Greetzz

Rubber

In the "data map" what do you mean by this? All you should have to do is open the zipped folder I have uploaded. Make sure to copy the file that is inside the zipped folder, and not the zipped folder itself. Then go to your GTA directory, most likely in C drive, program files, rockstar games, and gta san andreas, then go into the data folder. There should be a carcols file within this folder. If there is not, then you are in the wrong folder. Make a backup of the original carcols file if you wish. Otherwise, just paste the new carcols file into this folder. It will ask you if you want to replace it, click yes. Now join the server. I would make sure to have the game closed when you copy and paste the file into the data folder, just to be safe.
Good luck.

ShotGun

It worked, a friend helped me, i had to click on compatibility files.

greetzz

Ethan

rubber: these are the colors I have.. you said ingame that there were new ones or something......  do you have new ones or the 3c is the latest?