Police Arrest distance

Started by foxyfred, May 19, 2014, 22:25

foxyfred

Ive had cops arrest me from my truck, from a bridge with me in the water, from across the map... The Limit for cops to arrest you would be alot funner for the runner if it was shorter, because if you are a theif and a cop follows you, the second you get your vehicle to the hideout they will arrest you, its really annoy for us who try to roleplay, my suggestion is make the cop have to stand next to you to arrest you. Its really annoying getting arrested from across the map with no roleplay (resisting, ETC...)

Dobby

First:

Quote from: foxyfred on May 19, 2014, 22:25
us who try to roleplay...no roleplay (resisting, ETC...)

Hate to ruin things for you, but its not a Roleplay server. The closest we have is a /me command. Its a trucking server.  The arrest system could do with a tweak, maybe add the Z height into check/make it more accurate (ive once been arrested on SF bridge, cop was below). You'll notice after a while, the distance it takes to arrest you, is increased by your wanted level (if i remember right). You can't get arrested from "across the map" either ;).

Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

foxyfred

Yeah, Its not really a roleplay server... But, I was being a Thief and I had a cop tailing me, I got the car I was driving to the hideout, It didnt remove my wanted level, I jumped into the water thinking "he cant arrest me while im in here" and I swam a good bit away (about 5 minutes of spamming spacebar swimming, he pulled up to the hideout and arrested me, I dont see how that is even fair to us? you get what I mean? I woulda been gone if he hadnt of had such a far arrest distance.

Dobby

Thats one of the things about being thieif. It adds fun + risk to the class.

Just so you know for future reference:

/x (on foot) will spawn a bike you have brought as an item (bmx, mountain bike or the silly chopper looking thing) or a dinghy (in water). Jump in the water /x and it'll spawn a dinghy if you have one, just remember to /g it back or you'll loose it :D
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

bazingashane0

The arrest system is fine as it is and it's impossible to be arrested if the cop is on the other side of the map

* Chewbacca locked. The system is fine as it is IMO. If another scripter feels otherwise. feel free to move + unlock

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?