News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Forum name

Started by Twido, March 17, 2014, 17:40

Twido

If i'm not wrong, in the past we had the possibility to change our forum names by ourself right?
Why is this disabled? I don't remember any problem with the names. We have admins/mods that can change bad-names (eg: penisman). So why is this disabled?

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Supreme

People abused it and iirc it all saves into your account so it may create lots of logs.

Tyler

it was removed last christmas because of all the christmas names I believe.

[23:19:46] (CB:16) Fish: thats going in my sig

Sjomp

Quote from: Tyler on March 17, 2014, 18:34

last Christmas was 2 years ago for you? xD
but it was with Christmas 2011 i think or was it 2012? xD

Tyler

Quote from: Sjomp on March 17, 2014, 18:41
Quote from: Tyler on March 17, 2014, 18:34

last Christmas was 2 years ago for you? xD
but it was with Christmas 2011 i think or was it 2012? xD
2012, so 2 christmases ago.

[23:19:46] (CB:16) Fish: thats going in my sig

Ethan

I don't know when, but it was disabled because people would change their name a lot, and it was rather annoying

TheSandman

This was also Micks decision, so only he can overturn that. Why do you need to change your forum name anyway.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Twido

Quote from: TheSandman on March 18, 2014, 01:15
This was also Micks decision, so only he can overturn that. Why do you need to change your forum name anyway.
Just wanna know it, here as u can I asked about name change thing. I'm interested in the weirdest things u know xD I mostly think outside the box. But yeah I also asked it because I can't change my forum to Grapefruit cuz of another rule I guess?

[hide= Just a rule]
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Dobby

Quote from: Twido on March 18, 2014, 16:04
I also asked it because I can't change my forum to Grapefruit cuz of another rule I guess?

Quote from: mick88 on December 11, 2010, 13:52
You may request for your forum name to be changed however it will only be changed to your in-game name. Nothing else!

It makes it easier to find people on the forum i guess.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Sjomp

But why doesn't forum names gets changed together with ingame name?
People always need to make 2 requests about it.

TheSandman

Quote from: Sjomp on March 18, 2014, 21:10
We could always add a tickbox to the name change form asking yes or no pleaze also change my forum name. ^_^
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Joshy

Quote from: TheSandman on March 19, 2014, 02:13
Quote from: Sjomp on March 18, 2014, 21:10
We could always add a tickbox to the name change form asking yes or no pleaze also change my forum name. ^_^
I think forum name should always match in-game name...
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Twido

Quote from: Joshy on March 19, 2014, 12:48
Then you need to do something that whenever they ask a name-change, forum-name changes automatically. And you will have to edit everyone's profile since there are still people on forum with diffrent name then their IG name

[hide= Just a rule]
[/hide]

Ethan

forum display name versus forum username is different.. username is what you register with and display name is what people see.. if someone has a display name of G4m3r and their registered (username) is Charley, because that his real name, why force him to change it when he asks for a name change?

Twido

Quote from: Ethan on March 19, 2014, 18:38
forum display name versus forum username is different.. username is what you register with and display name is what people see.. if someone has a display name of G4m3r and their registered (username) is Charley, because that his real name, why force him to change it when he asks for a name change?
Yeah I know, I would prefer something else as my forum name. But we are only allowed to have the same as our ingame name. Atleast that's what Mick88 says.

Quote from: Joshy on March 19, 2014, 12:48

Quote from: mick88 on December 11, 2010, 13:52
You may request for your forum name to be changed however it will only be changed to your in-game name. Nothing else!

[hide= Just a rule]
[/hide]