Los Santos and San Fierro tunnels remake/remap suggestion

Started by BGTrucker, February 09, 2014, 11:28

BGTrucker

So,I was thinking what everybody think about remapping LS and SF tunnels since the original ones by R* are bugged(or whatever the right word is) and trucks cant pass thru them.I wanted to suggest to mappers if they can(and the really can) and want to remap those tunnels so we dont get stuck with our vehicles in there anymore.Some will say just take new road or pass by the side of the tunnel,but for me that is not suggestion.For me since there is a road,it must be accesible,and the only way to make those tunnels accessible is to remap them.I made a short video of the tunnel remapped by a friend of mine,its not the best looking mapping but its just to show you its possible to make it,and to give you an example how it could be made.

Benny

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

NikoX

Salam

+1 for adding it only in LS.
This tunnel in SF isnt bugged,you could pass it without problems,it just appears some threes above.

BGTrucker

You used the oysters map NikoX ? :D
on-topic:yea,Im talking about the tunnel that leads to the bridge for Bayside.Trucks get stuck on the entrance which is near Juniper Hollow gas station.BTW it would be cool if it can be remapped to be higher so even big Dumpers can pass but since those trucks are meant to run on public roads originally,I think this is not so needed but for now just for the "small" big trucks.
@Salam:yea,there is some small gap where you can pass without getting stuck but the main idea is to make the whole entrance of the tunnel normal for passing.

Twido

UMG, would love to see this! I hate the tunnels. They always let my trailer crash bcs its modded
:like:

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

COLBYLICIOUS

sardarji

Big +1 for the tunnel in LS, because i always have to go through the offroad way near it.

and regarding SF one i dont have any problems with current one...But why not ;)

+1 For both of them. 

Goldy.

+1 for both of them but with the actual lag i pray for you when you drive through there

Ethan

LS Tunnel, go to the right if youre going to or by the airport, left is driving away from it.
SF Tunnel, there are ways around so you dont need to take it

Sjomp

:dislike: I don't like any change to the original map. (unless the ground/road stays solid)
You should know how much people already fall through the ground at the new intersection in lv. :-\

If it is posible that the ground/road stays solid then the idea will get a :like:

NikoX

Quote from: Sjomp on February 09, 2014, 22:44

If it is posible that the ground/road stays solid then the idea will get a :like:

It's impossible becouse the ''ceiling'' is conected with road; it's a 1 object.

I tried to make it but it doesn't look to well :/ Used too many stones, but nothing better to use there :/ There are large holes that needs to be covered but non objects fit. It's not finished it's just pre-alfa-test version xD tell me if u like it or not.

[hide=video]
[/hide]

Rahail

Quote from: NikoX on February 09, 2014, 22:52

It's impossible becouse the ''ceiling'' is conected with road; it's a 1 object.

I tried to make it but it doesn't look to well :/ Used too many stones, but nothing better to use there :/ There are large holes that needs to be covered but non objects fit. It's not finished it's just pre-alfa-test version xD tell me if u like it or not.

[hide=video]
[/hide]
Honestly I like it, it's much better than that shit.

BGTrucker

You should know how much people already fall through the ground at the new intersection in lv. :-\
I'm one of the most experienced in doing that.
Come on people we need this.For the LS tunnel its not possible to keep the original ground,idk about the SF tunnel still havent tried to remap it.

Ethan

Rubber

Quote from: Ethan on February 10, 2014, 02:04
avoid it, problem solved

Wait, wait, wait....you could use this philosophy on just about ANY of these suggestions. New vehicles? Don't need them. Billboards to milestone? Don't need them. Add milestone to CT website? Don't need it. Reduce slots? Don't need it....the list goes on. Of course we don't "need" any suggestion really. But come on man, this is a SUGGESTION board. Let people suggest what they want. So what if it really isn't needed? It seems like the majority of players like the idea. Quit being so negative. Spam post much? You hardly EVER add anything positive to these conversations. For once, can you say something other than "I don't like it" or "not needed"? Expand your vocabulary...please.

In terms of the topic: SF tunnels have always bugged me. I can't remember how many times I've lost my mission due to the one near the SF airport. The other tunnel should be easy to remove and replace with a section of regular road or something. The LV main intersection is absurdly annoying as well. Just put the old map in until the server lag is reduced...simple fix.

Dobby

Quote from: Rubber on February 10, 2014, 02:57
avoid it, problem solved

Wait, wait, wait....you could use this philosophy on just about ANY of these suggestions. New vehicles? Don't need them. Billboards to milestone? Don't need them. Add milestone to CT website? Don't need it. Reduce slots? Don't need it....the list goes on. Of course we don't "need" any suggestion really. But come on man, this is a SUGGESTION board. Let people suggest what they want. So what if it really isn't needed? It seems like the majority of players like the idea. Quit being so negative. Spam post much? You hardly EVER add anything positive to these conversations. For once, can you say something other than "I don't like it" or "not needed"? Expand your vocabulary...please.

In terms of the topic: SF tunnels have always bugged me. I can't remember how many times I've lost my mission due to the one near the SF airport. The other tunnel should be easy to remove and replace with a section of regular road or something. The LV main intersection is absurdly annoying as well. Just put the old map in until the server lag is reduced...simple fix.

Billboards on Milestone can only be added (in game) via mick.
Milestone to CT.net map is loaded from the DB, hence the new maps not being on there. We're at the limit already.
Reduced slots? no difference really. It'll just make people more frustrated. It could be done for a while however.

Use the roads how they're meant to be used. Or make a map that actually looks half decent and not messy.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Rubber

Quote from: Dobby on February 10, 2014, 03:41
Billboards on Milestone can only be added (in game) via mick.
Milestone to CT.net map is loaded from the DB, hence the new maps not being on there. We're at the limit already.
Reduced slots? no difference really. It'll just make people more frustrated. It could be done for a while however.

My point was just an example not to be taken literally. I was inferring that he could reply the way he did to ANY suggestion topic. We really don't NEED any of these suggestions, but players want them. I was simply trying to get him to lighten up and quit being so negative nancy.

sardarji

If they will disappear like lv intersection,I'd like to see as it is now.

StarFish

URMJK420

BGTrucker

avoid it, problem solved
I'll just answer to this without even care to read the other posts after it.Ethan,you give these kind of "suggestions" since I know you.Dont you get tired from it ?
And by some people's logic,since it could fail to load because of the lag of the server,then lets remove all CT mapping-islands,roadworks,club bases,and other things since whole islands dont load sometimes.I support every word that Rubber said about Ethan's negative sense.