Make Requests & Reports invisible

Started by Twido, January 15, 2014, 17:50

Twido

Greetings

Now since we all know its always Staff Vs Players. The fight is always about a warning or a ban that they received ingame or because they replied in the section in "Requests & reports". To fix this problem, I suggest the web developers to hide the Requests & Report topic for normal players. Only make it visible for staff members.

Now I've been thinking about this and I know I'm going to hear some replies, and they are:

Q: What is going to happen to bug reports? We don't want double bug reports!!

A: Well bug reports are ment to be fixed ASAP, not after a month. (Some bugs might be too big and can take a bit longer then usual)

Q: What if someone is reported and want to defend himself?

A: Well easy. Thanks to Mick and all the other that helped to create the forum, we have a Private message system. Staff can private message the players that are involved in the report.

Q: "Can we lock this suggestion, I don't like it?"

A: No, wait for everyone so that people have the oppertunity to like or dislike it.

EDIT: Stay on topic! I don't wanna see another Members Vs Staff fight. I've had enough of it, keep it clean and just tell if you like it or not. Wanna start a fight then go pm him/her

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Dobby

This, has got to be the best suggestion ever :o you explained it bit by bit D:

Bug reports: I'm taking care of the bugs soon once ive got an update outta the way this weekend (you'll like it!)

Reports: I think they're needed, translations, person to defend themselves etc. Admins running around PM'ing people, and people PM'ing admins will be a huge cluster f**k IMO

Can we lock this suggestion?: No, but i'll fart

* Dobby farted

Edit: The "best suggestion" bit wasn't meant as sarcasm by the way :) i meant it. Most people slam suggestions with a wall of text
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Twido

Quote from: Dobby on January 15, 2014, 17:56
This, has got to be the best suggestion ever :o you explained it bit by bit D:

Bug reports: I'm taking care of the bugs soon once ive got an update outta the way this weekend (you'll like it!)

Reports: I think they're needed, translations, person to defend themselves etc. Admins running around PM'ing people, and people PM'ing admins will be a huge cluster f**k IMO

Can we lock this suggestion?: No, but i'll fart

* Dobby farted

It is possible to hide everything but reports :) This is why we have awesome web developers!!

[hide= Just a rule]
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Joshy

Quote from: Twido on January 15, 2014, 17:50

A: Well bug reports are ment to be fixed ASAP, not after a month. (Some bugs might be too big and can take a bit longer then usual)

A: Well easy. Thanks to Mick and all the other that helped to create the forum, we have a Private message system. Staff can private message the players that are involved in the report.

A: No, wait for everyone so that people have the oppertunity to like or dislike it.
Q1) It is good to have status of bug reports open just so that people can know if bug has been fixed or not. Additionally they might ask user for additional information to assist with debugging which can be done via PM, but that disorganizes things since you have a PM and a topic going on, and if the "reply to all" function is not used it might lead to only 1 scripter being PM'd so the other scripters don't know anything.

Q2) The reported player might not know about the existence of the report and again, PMs might not end up received by all admins.

Q3) Rubber meant his topic as a rhetorical question (90% positive). The practicalities of having the entire area visible to everyone far outweighs having it invisible in my opinion, and I'm fairly sure admins agree too.

Alternatively making the entire area "moderated" so that posts must be approved is more appropriate.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Twido

Quote from: Joshy on January 15, 2014, 18:01
Quote from: Twido on January 15, 2014, 17:50

Q1) It is good to have status of bug reports open just so that people can know if bug has been fixed or not. Additionally they might ask user for additional information to assist with debugging which can be done via PM, but that disorganizes things since you have a PM and a topic going on, and if the "reply to all" function is not used it might lead to only 1 scripter being PM'd so the other scripters don't know anything.

Q2) The reported player might not know about the existence of the report and again, PMs might not end up received by all admins.

Q3) Rubber meant his topic as a rhetorical question (90% positive). The practicalities of having the entire area visible to everyone far outweighs having it invisible in my opinion, and I'm fairly sure admins agree too.

Alternatively making the entire area "moderated" so that posts must be approved is more appropriate.

Good, your choice :) , its better to hear diffrent suggestions and make something about it.

Its better that everyone suggests something and pick the nice things out and make something of it.[/color][/quote]

[hide= Just a rule]
[/hide]

bazingashane0

The reported person should have a right to defend themselves if they can before the report case get's closed on forums so pointless idea in that sense.

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?