News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Name change

Started by Twido, December 22, 2013, 09:59

Twido

So if I'm not wrong there is a rule that says, people aren't allowed to change their new name back to their old one.
I'm curious why this isn't allowed? Btw don't lock the topic after you answered it, I might ask sth new about your answer

For people that don't understand, just a quick example. (Soz ethan xd  :3 )

Ethan changed name from "Ethan" to "Ethanol" then back to "Ethan." So what's wrong if he would have changed back to "Ethan" (without point from) "Ethanol"

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

TheSandman

Its a help topic, it wont get locked more than likely lol.
Anyway, i dont know why honestly, its just protocol we as admins have followed since....well ever, or as long as i can remember anyway.

A good trick to know, if you want to know if you can have your old name back, is to go to this link:
http://www.convoytrucking.net/panel.php?playername= but add the name you want at the end, so:
http://www.convoytrucking.net/panel.php?playername=SANDMANISTHEBEST

If the link redirects to anyones profile, then you cant have the name. Otherwise its open season.

If that makes sense :) but still, i dont know why and where the guideline came from.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Twido

Thanks for the info! But I don't wanna change my name  ^-^  I just wonder why people can't have their old name back. I never understood why that rule was there. Maybe Mick can answer this?

[hide= Just a rule]
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Shake

It doesn't really make sense NOT allowing people to change their name to their previous one... Or changing names to put the first letter capital or whatever. That should be allowed. It's that player's name, and if he wants to change it, he should be allowed to change it to the name he wants to.

Same with starting with $ or whatever. I don't see what the problem is tbh.

Hobo

Quote from: Shake on December 22, 2013, 15:52
It's a pain in the ass to help/punish people in-game that have tags or special characters as the start of their name if you don't know their ID.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Shake

Quote from: Hobo on December 22, 2013, 15:59
Quote from: Shake on December 22, 2013, 15:52
It's a pain in the ass to help/punish people in-game that have tags or special characters as the start of their name if you don't know their ID.
Well yeah that's one way to look at stuff I guess. It's easy to me because my keyboard has that key and it's just shift + 4

Twido

Ok nice, but then again. Why that rule that i stated above

[hide= Just a rule]
[/hide]

Ethan

that rule has been there since staff starting renaming people.. Mick made it so perhaps it has something to with the database of names or something, like being a conflict with the same name, I honestly couldnt answer it fully.

TheSandman

I agree with the non-alhpabet at the start of anyoines name. Its reafking annoying when dealing with them ingame.

But as for the old name thing, its probably to stop people reckless/mindlessly changing their names each time 3 months rolls around.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Twido

Will ask to Mick and post why he wrote that rule.

[hide= Just a rule]
[/hide]

mick88

Firstly, its so old names cannot be reclaimed by other players and therefore  impersonate the original player.
Secondly, once u change your name, thats it. You have your desired name and if you prefer your original name, you shouldn't change it in the first place.

Twido

So this means let take an example

If you Mick88 change your name to Mick00 ,I cannot change my name from Twido to Mick88 after you changed it to Mick00 right?

[hide= Just a rule]
[/hide]

Joshy

Quote from: Twido on December 29, 2013, 20:52

If you Mick88 change your name to Mick00 ,I cannot change my name from Twido to Mick88 after you changed it to Mick00 right?
Old names cannot be reused by anyone, since server will reconnect you with new name if you attempt to join with old name + impersonation problems.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Twido

Quote from: Joshy on December 29, 2013, 21:01
Quote from: Twido on December 29, 2013, 20:52

Old names cannot be reused by anyone, since server will reconnect you with new name if you attempt to join with old name + impersonation problems.
oh yeah true.. Well i'm locking this, since I got my answer. Thanks everybody for your replies! they were usefull :)

[hide= Just a rule]
[/hide]