American Truck Simulator

Started by Benny, December 16, 2013, 07:13

Hobo

Quote from: Dobby on January 16, 2016, 02:32
Day 1 paid DLC? Fuck that shit. I'm not even wasting my money on it now
debby pls.

Quote from: Hobo on January 16, 2016, 00:49
California and Nevada ship with ATS. Arizona is free DLC. More states will be made available as paid DLC later on. They want to make as much DLC as possible but they won't keep making it if no one buys it.

On release, California and Nevada will be included with the game. Arizona will be included later as a free DLC. Other states will be added as paid DLC later on. (or as map mods like Africa in ETS2)

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Dobby

Debby pls is right. I need to learn to read better.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Matias

lel, why did i see this comming, having to waste tons of money to unlock the whole map gg American DLC Simulator

Hobo

Quote from: Matias on January 16, 2016, 04:57
lel, why did i see this comming, having to waste tons of money to unlock the whole map gg American DLC Simulator
Probably because The United States is much larger than Europe? The continental US is nearly 3 times larger than ETS2 with the two map DLC (Going East and Scandinavia). It's going to take them a long time to complete the entire US and then Canada and Mexico.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Matias

Quote from: Hobo on January 16, 2016, 05:49
Quote from: Matias on January 16, 2016, 04:57
Probably because The United States is much larger than Europe? The continental US is nearly 3 times larger than ETS2 with the two map DLC (Going East and Scandinavia). It's going to take them a long time to complete the entire US and then Canada and Mexico.

I would be willing to pay it if they build their own mp core rather than some modder doing it.

Ethan

I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price for a state each..Hopefully we get mods like after a month... I'm looking forward to Jazzycat's type stuff again..

Eurobeat

Sigh. I read on their site a few days ago that "all the new map DLC will be free"

I guess it's fine if they want to charge for it, but they could at least say so in the first place instead of changing their fucking minds every 9 minutes.

Supra

Disappointing. Bye bye SCS Software.

Ethan

A company changes its mind about its content release.. Sounds like a mother popular company I know... Fish, do you have anything confirming that??

Benny

I didnt see anywhere that they said that all dlcs will be free. And i undarstand that decision. Its a lot of work making a map that size and if they will do it for free then they wont make any money and wont be able to do anything at all.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Eurobeat

Quote from: Ethan on January 17, 2016, 21:29
A company changes its mind about its content release.. Sounds like a mother popular company I know... Fish, do you have anything confirming that??

confirming what

Quote from: Benny on January 18, 2016, 07:09
I didnt see anywhere that they said that all dlcs will be free. And i undarstand that decision. Its a lot of work making a map that size and if they will do it for free then they wont make any money and wont be able to do anything at all.

it was on their website in the same article as the release date announcement

Ethan

If the DLCs are free, I wonder what content from them we will have to buy?

Joshy

This.

I will also point out, you're paying half as much as a newly-released AAA (triple A) title, to a company that is smaller and is very likely to have less financial backing compared to Activision/EA/Take-Two/Ubisoft. They probably need the additional money from DLC to sustain development for not just only game updates, but future DLC and their future interests.

Game development isn't easy guys.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Hobo

Quote from: Joshy on January 18, 2016, 16:24
I didnt see anywhere that they said that all dlcs will be free. And i understand that decision. Its a lot of work making a map that size and if they will do it for free then they wont make any money and wont be able to do anything at all.
This.

I will also point out, you're paying half as much as a newly-released AAA (triple A) title, to a company that is smaller and is very likely to have less financial backing compared to Activision/EA/Take-Two/Ubisoft. They probably need the additional money from DLC to sustain development for not just only game updates, but future DLC and their future interests.

^
The base game is $20 retail.
Quote from: http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/01/american-truck-simulator-map-dlc.htmlRecommended price of the game is going to be $20/€20, though it is to be expected that for alternate currencies, some local market specifics and the need to display a nice round figure may cause slight variations.
Stop complaining about DLC costing money. Even if you spend $40 on DLC it's still the same price as a brand new AAA game.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Matias

Quote from: Hobo on January 18, 2016, 20:07
Quote from: Joshy on January 18, 2016, 16:24
I didnt see anywhere that they said that all dlcs will be free. And i understand that decision. Its a lot of work making a map that size and if they will do it for free then they wont make any money and wont be able to do anything at all.
This.

^
The base game is $20 retail.
Quote from: http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/01/american-truck-simulator-map-dlc.htmlRecommended price of the game is going to be $20/€20, though it is to be expected that for alternate currencies, some local market specifics and the need to display a nice round figure may cause slight variations.
Stop complaining about DLC costing money. Even if you spend $40 on DLC it's still the same price as a brand new AAA game.

Sadly it will turn into a money farming bitch just like Microsoft Flight Simulator or Train simulator where each new track, train, plane, airport costs as much as the game itself or more, how many states does US have? 50 states? and considering each one of them could be over 10 dollars, or $18,99 just like last DLC (Scandinavia) the game would be over 900 dollars, have fun paying that.

:biggrin: :cereal: