Addition of lights to the Missionary Hill car park

Started by Breaker, November 03, 2013, 01:33

Breaker

Idea:
Adding lighting either in the form of street lamps or other to the Missionary Hills car park.

Reasoning:
The location is prominent with the minority of drift enthusiasts and pertains low visibility at certain times of the day.
This can pose a problem if you're trying to find a park or hosting a drift event if said actions are undertaken during these periods of low visibility.
By adding light sources in the direct vicinity, the aforementioned problems can be lessened.

For a visual representation of the problem, refer to the attached image.

As Mick said, try to justify/explain your answers where ever possible and if this justifies as 'useless mapping', feel free to close the thread.

NOTE: I'm only suggesting lighting for the car park, NOT the road or any of the surrounding area.

- Cheers,
Raptor aka Breaker19.
[country]Australia[/country]
[hide=How2Ebay][/hide]
[hide=Stats][/hide]

TehEpixBraxy

[Spoiler]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.
[/spoiler]

TheSandman

25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Rahail

Yes we need lights there, Its not even 1 there

nyolc8

Are custom mapped lamp posts actually casting light on the ground? Because I never noticed it.

Benny

Quote from: nyolc8 on November 03, 2013, 10:22
Are custom mapped lamp posts actually casting light on the ground? Because I never noticed it.
Yes they do.

Anyway if you guys insist of this, i can make it possible.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Bruno_2MLG4CT

Quote from: Rahail on November 03, 2013, 02:38

Please no. Don't add lights here.
It's fun as fuck to drive in night on that hill, even when you have a mod and the nights are darker, you are being leaded only by the weak lights from the side of the road.
Do not ruin the fun!

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

Supreme

Quote from: Bruno_2MLG4CT on November 03, 2013, 12:22
Quote from: Rahail on November 03, 2013, 02:38

It's fun as fuck to drive in night on that hill, even when you have a mod and the nights are darker, you are being leaded only by the weak lights from the side of the road.
Do not ruin the fun!

That is true!
Dark night (timecyc) + bigger headlights mod + Elegy = fun!

Ethan

Do not ruin the fun!

I agree with this. they arent needed

and
Quote from: Benny on November 03, 2013, 12:17
no Benny.

Laur

game lighters are crap
with them or not its same

Benny

Quote from: Ethan on November 03, 2013, 16:35
Do not ruin the fun!

I agree with this. they arent needed

and
Quote from: Benny on November 03, 2013, 12:17
no Benny.
I didn't say that i will do it, clearly i said if others want it i will do but they don't so i won't do it.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Dobby

Since most of the mappers are staff, they can lock the mapping suggestions if they feel like it.

Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Breaker

Do not ruin the fun!

Quote from: Supreme on November 03, 2013, 12:27
That is true!
Dark night (timecyc) + bigger headlights mod + Elegy = fun!

The lighting in the parking lot won't ruin the experience you're suggesting while driving down the mountain.
I'm only interested in the lighting of the parking lot, not the surrounding land.

While you suggest such mods improve the aesthetics, the experience is constrained to the drivers with said mods, and the vast majority of players can be assumed to not have said mods.
I recognise that this experience is special to you but from a wider perspective, the needs of the many outway the needs of the few.

Also the 'weak lights from the side of the road' are called cat's eyes.
[country]Australia[/country]
[hide=How2Ebay][/hide]
[hide=Stats][/hide]

Ethan

Quote from: Raptor on November 04, 2013, 00:23
I'm only interested in the lighting of the parking lot, not the surrounding land.

its really not worth adding 3 light posts because only a couple of people want them when they have a drift party..

Hobo

Quote from: Ethan on November 04, 2013, 00:46
Quote from: Raptor on November 04, 2013, 00:23

its really not worth adding 3 light posts because only a couple of people want them when they have a drift party..

It would literally take less than 5 minutes to map it. Now that admins can add maps you don't have to wait for mick so it takes even less time...

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD