Convoy Trucking, the future, you.

Started by Lindsey, October 26, 2013, 03:45

Lindsey

I'm no one to start an uprising or anything, also as someone who is 125 days out of perspective it's unfair for me to say "do this, fix that, why is this happening"?
I must however inform you, that you, who is part of the current community, have the power. You have the voice and can gain the will to move forward and progress the server. Rather than think of Admins, Mods vs players, think of everyone as a team, with one goal in mind.

I was talking to Ethan on Xfire, so what if previously, the suggestion wasn't allowed? Maybe now is the time the suggestion would suit the server?

Why should people be stuck in the old ways, if they no longer work?

We should welcome creativity, leadership and people who think outside the box, otherwise it's only heading one way. Sure, some people don't care either way, however surely it'd be more fun to have people in convoys, have people striking up good conversation, whether it be server or real life related.

Get community focused, take an interest in those around you on the server, if they talk English, find common ground! You don't need to be in the same "Exclusive club" in order to create and maintain a friendship!

Sharing your cars, offering tips on how to improve, showing the best missions, the best locations, assisting people. It's all apart of being the best, being a community.

It shouldn't be about "can i do 10 loads in an hour" it should be "can i have fun today, and how?" It can't be fun to sit there, planning on doing 100 tow missions in one day, a game should be fun, not a plan, not stressful.

So next time, when you go online, think about how you can better your experience. Because most the time, the answer is, by playing together.

If it's on the do not suggest list, ask "why?", ask "but is that still applicable? Things have changed since that what declined, lets see what Mick says now!".

You have to push it, make your voice heard and try. Because how do you know an answer if you're afraid to ask the question?
No one should be punished for voicing fair, honest, constructive and unharmful feedback. Be it on a 30 day old topic, or suggesting something previously denied.

Coming from me, this is big (only those who remember me would understand why):

Stop hiding behind and or from the rules, some are more guidelines that if bent, won't do any harm, perhaps good!

Have fun, see you on the server

~Lindsey.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Hobo

Quote from: Lindsey on October 26, 2013, 03:45
Stop hiding behind and or from the rules, some are more guidelines that if bent, won't do any harm, perhaps good!
Agreed 100%. It's annoying when people stick 100% to the rules when some of them make no sense to enforce at certain times.  :like:

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Lindsey

Quote from: Hobo on October 26, 2013, 03:57
Agreed 100%. It's annoying when people stick 100% to the rules when some of them make no sense to enforce at certain times.  :like:

It's about context, if administrators and moderators aren't able to adapt, and read into the context of the situation, they should not be considered as people who are trusted to safeguard the server.

It's unfair to have people who can't think on their feet, or for themselves to make a situation better. As an administrator myself, at the time if doing something against the rules made the situation better for those involved. I would do it, hands down. And although it made me a bit of a legend in both ways, Hated and liked, it worked, and i was never demoted. I had tellings off, no one is perfect, but i took the constructive advice on board, and moved on.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Ethan

#Lindseyforowner2014
#Lindseyforadmin2014

:3 :3 :like: :like: :3 :3

Lindsey

Not my aim, I don't think that would do any good.

But the support is appreciated.
[hide=awesomeness]
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Dobby

Too long couldn't be arsed reading. Good idea however, the parts i read were a nice read, bit optimistic though.

The server is permanently in the mind set of "fuck everyone else but me". It'll be this way til it eventually gets switched off. No post by someone who isnt even that active* anymore is going to change it.

*i say not that active because you're not active.

"I'm no one to start an uprising or anything, however as someone who is 125 days out of perspective it's unfair for me to say "do this, fix that, why is this happening"?"
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Lindsey

How active i am doesn't change things, I'm a respected member of the community which, regardless of the current low point, is still a great place to be. Remember, it is what you make it.

I did things here that created so much fun, including spend hours on a Dumper Events on chilliad multiple times using administrative commands, why? Because i wanted to use the commands for fun, show people that we can have a good time, instead of banning people or warning people with them 24/7.

It's about perspective, don't be blinded by my inactivity, be inspired to help the server attain once again, a fantastic status as a respectful and proud place to be.

It's your choice, i can't change your mind, but it only takes one person with the right words to inspire someone.
[hide=awesomeness]
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Dobby

You've got a week to convince me. The community being the way it is made me resign as server scripter. Maybe if things do change and mick takes a few hours each weekend to join his own server, staff team sort their shit out (they know what i mean) maybe then i'll work a bit harder and get updates out, not little ones. The game-changing ones where you actually see them.

Quote from: Lindsey on October 26, 2013, 04:33
I did things here that created so much fun, including spend hours on a Dumper Events on chilliad multiple times using administrative commands

Done the coach trick yet? :D
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Lindsey

Then give your feedback, give your constructive ideas on where things are going wrong.

If you don't voice your opinion, how can people who are causing problems fix that issue? If you point out a problem that a person is directly or indirectly causing and post a way to fix it. You are helping the situation.

If you simply say "oh it's this problem" or "i wish they would do this instead" then it's just another post saying what's wrong. Which just adds to the pile of shit that is building up.

You need to be constructive, it's the only way feedback can be progressed and used.

Glad you've got an open mind, if you have, so do other people, they just need to try.

~Lindsey
[hide=awesomeness]
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

TheGame

Want to know how the fun gets back here?
Trading. This was the best time on CT and I just miss it...
More trading = meeting more people = making more friends and help the community.
I don't think other stuff would change much, but this .. trust me, this changes everything.
And no, there's no scamming/abusing at all. Be smart and put a limit on house/vehicle prices, like: Max. 50 percent more/less on houses and 10 percent more and 50 percent less on vehicles.
Problem solved and everyone is happy.
No, Don't say this is bullshit because I have seen it works.

FaZe1337Sajmon420PL

If it's on the do not suggest list, ask "why?", ask "but is that still applicable? Things have changed since that what declined, lets see what Mick says now!".

You have to push it, make your voice heard and try. Because how do you know an answer if you're afraid to ask the question?
No one should be punished for voicing fair, honest, constructive and unharmful feedback. Be it on a 30 day old topic, or suggesting something previously denied.

There's only 1 ending: a staff member quotes you a part from "do no suggest" and your topic gets locked.
Anyway, good luck convincing mick to add something he removed.

Shake

Quote from: FaZe1337Sajmon420PL on October 26, 2013, 10:50

There's only 1 ending: a staff member quotes you a part from "do no suggest" and your topic gets locked.
Anyway, good luck convincing mick to add something he removed.
Exactly this.

Due to the strict rules (some) staff follow, this is more like a dictatorship than a game. A game is supposed to be fun, and that's not what it is right now.

Now, I ask you, why do you think people are leaving? Only because of school? Lol no. School is an important factor yes, but last year people also had school and still played. The community is fucked now. Well, CT itself is fucked.

I wouldn't even bother convincing mick to add stuff we had previously and he removed because that wouldn't do anything since CT is basically "commanded" by staff.

It also seems like suggestion board is useless, since I have yet to see a big suggestion get added. A server should be run by staff and by the players. They should decide some things on the server, which makes them have more fun and such. But due to the staff having such fucking strict rules, that won't happen.

Anyways, I support you Lindsey.

Rockey

Quote from: Hobo on October 26, 2013, 03:57

Was always the rule i went by in my short time as mod, rules can be bent and flexed its better that way for everyone  8)

Rockey

Quote from: Dobby. on October 26, 2013, 04:36
You've got a week to convince me. The community being the way it is made me resign as server scripter. Maybe if things do change and mick takes a few hours each weekend to join his own server, staff team sort their shit out (they know what i mean) maybe then i'll work a bit harder and get updates out, not little ones. The game-changing ones where you actually see them.

I did things here that created so much fun, including spend hours on a Dumper Events on chilliad multiple times using administrative commands

I've not known you much dobby but from the work ive seen you do so far you must be a swell guy but this isnt how it works my friend. Lindsey doesnt need to 'convince' anyone of what type of person she is or how much she cares, shes shown that more than anyone ive ever seen! The work shes done for this server is crazy and personally the time shes had off has probably opened her mind, a fresh look at things.

The way you say the community made you resign does that not make you think you are as bad as them (in some ways, no disrespect intended). They want the updates you could create, you can make those big game changing updates and make the server fun again, You'd be a legend in their eyes then but instead they see you as the guy that quit and just does the average day to day moderation stuff (also a lot on forums, cookie for that, you do so much on forums which is great!).

Hope you understand what im saying is all the community needs is those changes you speak about and maybe it'll open peoples eyes a bit too how we can be compared to how we are... i may have quit but i still think the effort should be made to get back to the fun days instead of how we are now. Nobody wants the server to 'die' but without updates we have nothing besides a dying community? The updates bring the community together.

Joshy

Quote from: Rockey on October 26, 2013, 14:05
Quote from: Dobby. on October 26, 2013, 04:36

I've not known you much dobby but from the work ive seen you do so far you must be a swell guy but this isnt how it works my friend. Lindsey doesnt need to 'convince' anyone of what type of person she is or how much she cares, shes shown that more than anyone ive ever seen! The work shes done for this server is crazy and personally the time shes had off has probably opened her mind, a fresh look at things.

The way you say the community made you resign does that not make you think you are as bad as them (in some ways, no disrespect intended). They want the updates you could create, you can make those big game changing updates and make the server fun again, You'd be a legend in their eyes then but instead they see you as the guy that quit and just does the average day to day moderation stuff (also a lot on forums, cookie for that, you do so much on forums which is great!).

Hope you understand what im saying is all the community needs is those changes you speak about and maybe it'll open peoples eyes a bit too how we can be compared to how we are... i may have quit but i still think the effort should be made to get back to the fun days instead of how we are now. Nobody wants the server to 'die' but without updates we have nothing besides a dying community? The updates bring the community together.
Dobby has one hell of a point you know... it takes effort to read through uncommented and spaghetti code made when the person who was scripting it was learning it as he was writing it, and then literally put the jigsaw piece in the huge-ass puzzle of what is called Convoy Trucking... why put in the effort when the community needs to be glued back together first?
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)