Tampa "fake reflection" and chrome missing only on CT server.

Started by nyolc8, September 06, 2013, 09:35

nyolc8

Problem description: Tampa doesn't have some textures on it (only manual/fixed UV textures appearing)
Proof of the bug: http://i.imgur.com/3dklHy1.jpg
Under what circumstances does the problem occur:  Always
When did this last happen to you: -
Did the bug cause any loss to your money/vehicles: No

More description:

Yesterday I realized that on CT server (yes, ONLY on CT server, I tested on multiple other servers too) Tampa doesn't have that wavy shade effect on it (and doesn't have the chrome texture if I replace the model with a car that have chrome). Here's some picture:

Tampa on CT server:
[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/p8Y0Y#0[/imgur]
(You can see that there is no wavy line there)

and Tampa on another SAMP server:
[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/PmVVF#0[/imgur]
(You can clearly see that wavy line there)

But other vehicles on CT server have that shade and chrome effect too:
[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/Sj8Gy#0[/imgur]

I know this is not a big problem for many people but something is wrong with the CT server/script if this texture problem only present on this server... (And now I can't mod tampa because it will look "blank" without chrome.)

Could someone explain why this is happening?

Rubber

Could it be that in the first set of pictures (taken onCT) the wavy line doesnt show up because its night time?

Another texture problem that I have encountered is that some vehicles (like the monster and zr350) sometimes have refmaps and sometimes dont. It could be that the tampa is the same way and it might just be a coincidence that every time you log onto the server it has this bug. I honestly dont think its something to do with CT scripting. As far as I know, all the textures are controlled by the client side img file.

nyolc8

Yesterday I tested this for 1-2 hour... and never had these effects on CT server... I logged in, doesn't had the effects, logged out, logged in on another server, it had the effects, then logged out, logged in on CT, and it doesn't have them. I played this "login-logout thing" for 1-2 hours and I had all effects on other servers, and never had them on CT.

edit:
tested just now again: on CT server, tampa does not have these effects, on other server it have them. So something is with CT server.

nyolc8

Don't know why this moved into mods because this is happens with original gta sa car, and only happens in this server... so it's server related thing...
(the missing texture bug can be seen on the screenshot too at the website > vehicles > tampa)

Dobby

You have mods, try it on a clean IMG and i may consider looking into it further. Otherwise, does anyone else experience this?

@Nyolc8 ask these other servers if they use the -1 way for choosing car colors.

Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

nyolc8

Quote from: Dobby. on September 06, 2013, 15:03
You have mods, try it on a clean IMG and i may consider looking into it further. Otherwise, does anyone else experience this?
Yesterday I asked someone on CT and he got the same problem.

Quote from: Dobby. on September 06, 2013, 15:03
@Nyolc8 ask these other servers if they use the -1 way for choosing car colors.
How do you mean "-1 way"? It's an alternative technique? (btw if I change the model of the tampa to something other model, then the non-colorized chrome textures missing too, only on CT)

edit: if you look on the tampa ct page, you can see that the texture missing on the screenshot too.

Ethan

your first album you show the "bug" on the cars you , yourself, modified,, maybe the way you did them, it shows up..and like rubber said... the second set where you take a pic of the car at night could be a problem too

and why does this bother you so much.. I frankly do give a rats behind if the tampa has some problem with some line  in the color

nyolc8

tested with original untouched gta3.img: same problem
tested with original gta_sa.exe: same problem
tested with all asi script disabled: same problem

tampa have moving textures on it on other servers, but not on CT server...

So I'm trying to say that the texture is not missing but not showing up. I tried the following:
edited tampa model to all parts of it use the vehiclegeneric256 texture WITHOUT use colorizing (to make sure it's not a car colorizing problem). I tested in game, it appeared as should on CTand on other servers. Then I just modified the texture UV map on the model to "autospherized" (which makes it move like the builtin fake reflection moves) and boom the texture missing! ONLY on CT. So tampa on CT server can't get any moving texture. But on other servers it gets them.

Ethan: I did a mod for tampa, but because of this bug, it looks like sh*t on CT server. This is why I even noticed it.

Ethan

and like I told you on the server the other day, it could have something to do with the way the game is scripted, the plugins Mick uses, could be millions of reason. not every server uses the same plugins, steamers, loaders, scripts all that so if something does/doesnt show up on one server, and it does on CT, so what

nyolc8

I understand this, I just thought it maybe fixable somehow. And I know it's a tiny bug... but it's still a bug, and that's why I posted it. (And because it pisses me off now :D)

Ethan

just dont worry about it, im sure it may be a 'bug' but how would we even be able to fix it?

nyolc8

I don't know, I just noticed it and I hoping now for a fix... But if a scripter says it won't get fixed, then it's ok.

Crispy

Laur

Quote from: Prince. on September 07, 2013, 08:17
:)
What the ... Any admin can remove this since its not useful ?

---
Nothing wrong for me at tampa

Dobby

It really need removing since: "Convoy Trucking » Hyde Park » GTA & SA-MP » Mods » Tampa "fake reflection" and chrome missing only on CT server."?. It's not in bug reports. It's in the modding section.

I checked the Tampa. It's fine for me.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!