Players to see own packetloss

Started by Dobby, July 31, 2013, 17:13

Dobby

I've got a suggestion for nobody understandind sync on sa-mp.

If there's no admins online, and a player is wondering why they cant see buildings loading on mapped islands etc, or why they're lagging, it usually means they're desynced. How about the player can check their packetloss?

They can't see anything related to the server that could damage anything. They just see their own stats. Packetloss being the good one to see.

OLD
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
The image above. Shows what you'll see.
[spoiler]

COMMAND:mynetstats(playerid,params[])
{
new netstats[401];
    GetPlayerNetworkStats(playerid, netstats, sizeof(netstats));
    ShowPlayerDialog(playerid,DIALOG_ID_HERE, DIALOG_STYLE_MSGBOX, "Your Network Stats:", netstats, "Okay", "");
return 1;
}

[/spoiler]

I've even been nice enough to script it. So all Mick has to do, is add a dialog ID to it :) that's if its agree'd to.

I've also (as noticed by iRedDawn) added the max packetloss acceptance to it:

NEW
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

The code:
[spoiler]

COMMAND:mynetstats(playerid,params[])
{
new netstats[401],string[564];
    format(string,sizeof(string),"{FF3C00}If you have a packetloss of 2.0+ we suggest a relog\n{FFFF00}%s",netstats);
    ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, 0, DIALOG_STYLE_MSGBOX, "Your Network Stats:",string, "Okay", "");
return 1;
}

[/spoiler]

iRedDawns:
Code:
[spoiler]

CMD:packetloss(playerid, params[])
{
#pragma unused params
new netstats[401], find;
find = strfind(netstats, "Packetloss:"); find += 12;
strdel(netstats, 0, find);
find = strfind(netstats, "%");
strdel(netstats, find, sizeof(netstats));
new Float:packetloss = floatstr(netstats);
new temp[5];
format(temp, sizeof(temp), netstats);
if(floatcmp(packetloss, 2.0) == 1)
{
    format(netstats, sizeof(netstats), "Your packetloss is {FF0000}%s%s{FFFFFF}, you have to relog.", temp, "%%");
}
else
{
    format(netstats, sizeof(netstats), "Your packetloss is {00FF00}%s%s{FFFFFF}, it's fine.", temp, "%%");
}
SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, netstats);
return 1;
}

[/spoiler]
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

DJ_Smashon

A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

Matias

Quote from: DJ_Smashon on July 31, 2013, 17:17
Press & Hold F5?

Thats ingame packetloss, /network command tells you hows your packetloss related to the server, the ammount of packets being lost within you and the server.

Dobby

Quote from: Matias. on July 31, 2013, 17:20
Quote from: DJ_Smashon on July 31, 2013, 17:17
Press & Hold F5?

Thats ingame packetloss, /network command tells you hows your packetloss related to the server, the ammount of packets being lost within you and the server.

This.

Admins have it with a "targetid" parameter. So they can do something like "/network DobbysGamertag." to get my packetloss to the server.
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Matias

Anyways theres no need of a /network command...
Mick scripted some months ago a command to check your packetloss and it will be announced to you with a message at chat. Actually that command is telling us our packetloss, the best one and the worst one of all the server. Maybe it should be edited to only tell your packetloss.
Anyways this is pretty useless because almost no one understands this kind of networks things, only a few people knows what it means.

Dobby

Quote from: Matias. on July 31, 2013, 17:24
Anyways theres no need of a /network command...
Mick scripted some months ago a command to check your packetloss and it will be announced to you with a message at chat. Actually that command is telling us our packetloss, the best one and the worst one of all the server. Maybe it should be edited to only tell your packetloss.
Anyways this is pretty useless because almost no one understands this kind of networks things, only a few people knows what it means.

But they can learn can't they? sa-mp is notorious for sync issues. There's hundreds of MTA vs SA-MP videos, discussions all over the web. If someone says in chat:

Newb: Why hasn't the road appeared @ Fir Island, Wet County.
BX95: You're probably desynced. Check /netstats and look for packetloss.
Newb: What's packetloss?.
BX95: It means how many "packets" of data are lost between you and the server, Thus, not loading things properly.
Newb: Ok ty. I have 2.1%. Is that bad?
BX95: You should relog. The anti cheat hates packetloss.
Newb(25) has left the server. (Exit)

Get what i mean? :) people can learn what packetloss/sync in samp by asking in game, or checking the topic Lindsey made about it. this command i'm suggesting is for when no admins are online.

Bruno_2MLG4CT

Not sure if only moderators has that cmd, I'll try later and reply again.

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

Terrorista310

Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Supreme

Twido

f5 is the real stats. And if you get desynced you can see it through F5.

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Hobo

Quote from: Twido on July 31, 2013, 19:26
f5 is the real stats. And if you get desynced you can see it through F5.
Lolno. F5 is client side and has nothing to do with packetloss between you and the server. F5 almost always says 0.0% packetloss where as if you checked with /network you almost always have at least 0.1% packetloss.

+1 to the suggestion.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Bruno_2MLG4CT

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

Jori_Mart

Im universal :) so +941224524201214751121541561412455
DominicanRepublic

Dobby

Quote from: Jori_Mart on August 01, 2013, 16:00
Im universal :) so +941224524201214751121541561412455

Wot :|

I've added a new updated version to it at the opening post.

Winkle