Recent server upgrade/server issues.

Started by Dobby, July 28, 2013, 22:32

Do you like the server the way it is now?

Yes
20 (33.9%)
No
18 (30.5%)
Unsure
21 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: August 04, 2013, 22:32

Dobby

I'm asking this because i've been in the LV dirtring tonight, the lag was awful. I like the fact that we're at 100 slots again. But i hate the fact that there's so much lag. I know it's been less than 48 hours. But i want to know if anyone else is having the same experience as me. Just cast your vote. List your issues. No flaming, and keep it clean.

My issues

• Chat lag
  • Player lag (player in front will teleport behind me, or he'll tp into me causing crash)
  • Ferry Derping (ferry arrives in peices)
  • Desyncs
  • Ping Spikes("Your ping is too high" warnings regularly)
  • Lack of updates (See shakes post). I agree with him fully. I'm not too sure if it's the same as the UK in Ireland, but a lot of the colleges/universites go back to learning in September. That leaves a month. That's not a lot of time. I dont want to put pressure on Mick in any way. But he could do with the help. I'm not speaking for him or demanding, just my thoughts. Partitions of the script to fix wont mean the GM being stolen entirely.

Floating bins: go to each one in game. Type /save on top of the bin. you'll be able to get the X Y and part of the Z from it. Use that, and email/pm mick and give it to him. He can then search for the coordinates and the bin object, and remove it.

The bug i showed with the two skins, just organise the dialog responses.

/timelap bug still there, may create a timer, i don't know. But easily fixed with a variable

InArena[MAX_PLAYERS];

I have 0 mods. A clean img file. My PC has GTA on high priority. Its only me using my internet. My ping usually averages around the 250-300 mark. But every 5 mins or so i get the ping warning. I check my ping, its perfectly normal as i mentioned around the 250 mark. If i remember correctly, before the DDOS's started, we were at 96/100 players constantly around 22:00pm UK time. Now just checking, we're at 44/100. You've raised the server slots. But its done nothing :/ i've seen it highest at 56.

Admins can lock this if you wish. So can mick. But i'd like to know what everyone else's issues are too. Even partake in the discussion.

Break any of the bolded text. I'll report it to moderator.

When you vote. I'd like a response from you why you voted for an option. I'd like feedback.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Bruno_2MLG4CT

I have only issues with chat lag, NOTHING else... But they are rare too...

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

Shake

There's no point in saying what option I chose, because it's pretty obvious.

As I stated before, CT needs a great effort, and I don't doubt about mick's skill to keep CT alive, but it isn't enough for now. We're having A LOT (when I mean a lot I really say A DAMN LOT) of problems and troubles, and we need some "spring cleaning" on CT, and it needs some improvement.

1- We do need a new host, because 50 or 100 slots with this host doesn't matter, we barely get like 10 more players than what we had with 50 slots and we still lag horribly.

2- We need a staff cleaning. Yes, we got plenty of staff members, but it seems like most are inactive/don't do anything. I won't state names because it has becoming obvious who are the staff members that are online on the server. Almost 20% of the staff is active everyday (not counting the ones who are on vacation), and we need new staff members who are active.

3- We need improvements on the script. I don't really see Mick doing it, but he needs to or CT will die in 2-3 months. We've been losing A LOT of players due to no updates on the gamemode or anything really. Mick needs a helper on the script, and he knows it. We've got plenty of skilled scripters (staff and non-staff players) who would like to help mick and CT to keep growing and being #1. If mick doesn't decide to get helpers, the server is doomed.

This is just my pure opinion, there are a lot more points that I'd need to cover, but I won't do it so I won't create a wall of text.

Rahail

I had some problems, lags and slow chat, I think 75 slots would be great . I have seen player were mostly at 60 to 70 we don't need 100 now.

Dobby

Quote from: brane on July 28, 2013, 22:37
I have only issues with chat lag, NOTHING else... But they are rare too...

Are you not concerened as staff about:

HostName: Convoy Trucking
Address:  play.convoytrucking.net:7777
Players:  44 / 100
Ping:     251
Mode:     Convoy Trucking 2.6 Beta3
Map:      Convoy Trucking

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Hobo

Chat lag - No
Player lag (player in front will teleport behind me, or he'll tp into me causing crash) - No
Ferry Derping (ferry arrives in peices) - N/A didn't check
Desyncs - No
Ping Spikes("Your ping is too high" warnings regularly) - My ping is the same at ~110

I haven't had any issues with the added slots. I also don't play as much so my experience may be different than others.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Dobby

I dont mean to sound an ass hobo

Last 7 days: 1 hours 49 min

I understand you may be busy with university and stuff (hows it going btw?) but you should try and stay online for a while longer than above. You'll soon see it. :)

Twido

Quote from: Shake on July 28, 2013, 22:39

2- We need a staff cleaning. Yes, we got plenty of staff members, but it seems like most are inactive/don't do anything. I won't state names because it has becoming obvious who are the staff members that are online on the server. Almost 20% of the staff is active everyday (not counting the ones who are on vacation), and we need new staff members who are active.
Twido: True fact!

3- We need improvements on the script. I don't really see Mick doing it, but he needs to or CT will die in 2-3 months. We've been losing A LOT of players due to no updates on the gamemode or anything really. Mick needs a helper on the script, and he knows it. We've got plenty of skilled scripters (staff and non-staff players) who would like to help mick and CT to keep growing and being #1. If mick doesn't decide to get helpers, the server is doomed.
Twido: One of the reasons why I left CT!!! Btw, There is a reason why Mick doesn't get a co-owner from CT. I think its better for Mick to get a co-owner that doesn't play CT. And yes I know some people who doesn't play on the server but scripts for the server. (Not CT ofcourse) And if he picks someone from CT then well yeah. The problems and thing topic will just get spammed.

This is just my pure opinion, there are a lot more points that I'd need to cover, but I won't do it so I won't create a wall of text.

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Dobby

I'd hate someone to work on my GM. But if it ever came to it, i'd make sure to leave specific bits out, variables. Enums etc. I know a majority of them can be copied, write an include, if we don't have that include, it'll crash the compiler. y_lock to lock the GM from opening on another IP. There's hundreds of ways to do it.

@Twido. You'd want someone from CT to work on it, otherwise they wouldn't get the "feel" for the script, they'd look at it like its just a piece of code.

if you were scripting externally (Not player on CT) and you saw:

HasNoCC(vid)
{
switch (GetVehicleModel(vid))
{
    case 460,476,511,512,513,519,520,553,577,592,593: return 1;
}
return 0;
}

You wouldnt know/care about what it does. To me, that stops CC in planes. Funny thing is, its CT's CC script too. You'd look at the code as if its another "Hobby" you're working on. I wouldn't. i'd quite happily take care of CT script wise until mick flips the switch.

For the CC in Milestone County, is that tied in with MapAndreas? I have no issues with it on mapped places. I've gone further out than Milestone county too.

Bruno_2MLG4CT

I like the idea Shake has. Mick really needs some helper on the script.

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

Dobby

Quote from: brane on July 28, 2013, 23:19
I like the idea Shake has. Mick really needs some helper on the script.

+1. Because of that, i've added an extra thing to the OP

Twido

Quote from: DobbysGamertag. on July 28, 2013, 23:08
[hide=Just some stuff]3- We need improvements on the script. I don't really see Mick doing it, but he needs to or CT will die in 2-3 months. We've been losing A LOT of players due to no updates on the gamemode or anything really. Mick needs a helper on the script, and he knows it. We've got plenty of skilled scripters (staff and non-staff players) who would like to help mick and CT to keep growing and being #1. If mick doesn't decide to get helpers, the server is doomed.
[/h][/h][/h]

I'd hate someone to work on my GM. But if it ever came to it, i'd make sure to leave specific bits out, variables. Enums etc. I know a majority of them can be copied, write an include, if we don't have that include, it'll crash the compiler. y_lock to lock the GM from opening on another IP. There's hundreds of ways to do it.

@Twido. You'd want someone from CT to work on it, otherwise they wouldn't get the "feel" for the script, they'd look at it like its just a piece of code.

if you were scripting externally (Not player on CT) and you saw:

HasNoCC(vid)
{
   switch (GetVehicleModel(vid))
   {
       case 460,476,511,512,513,519,520,553,577,592,593: return 1;
   }
   return 0;
}

You wouldnt know/care about what it does. To me, that stops CC in planes. Funny thing is, its CT's CC script too. You'd look at the code as if its another "Hobby" you're working on. I wouldn't. i'd quite happily take care of CT script wise until mick flips the switch.

For the CC in Milestone County, is that tied in with MapAndreas? I have no issues with it on mapped places. I've gone further out than Milestone county too.

You don't have to play on the server to know how it works. You can just go on a test server and try the script

[hide= Just a rule]
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Rock_Leon

Well i have same lag as ever just gor once high ping and all ftw is true the 100 slots arent full like in the past in MY OPINION the slots should be reduced to 80 or 70 just an opinion :)

Twido

Damn I triple posted :/ Can an admin delete the 2 that has no red color?

[hide= Just a rule]
[/hide]

Dobby

Triple post much Twido?

I know you can do that. I was merely questioning how it didn't work at Milestone County in the first place. The stock that i showed, was merely an example of a 3rd party scripter (someone outside the community) looking at it. I'll remove it if you wish.