Help building a pc/Getting good parts for it

Started by Shake, July 05, 2013, 19:14

Shake

So, a friend of mine is trying to build a new pc (since his old one broke), and he wants to switch to a desktop.

Thing is, he doesn't really know much about pc's (neither do I, but I'm here to help him) and he's looking for parts to build a pc under let's say, 450€.

We've been searching for some and it's under 450€, but we're not sure it fits him (since we didn't search a lot and just got some medium-priced parts, and he wants to build a pc for gaming).

Anyone of you guys could help us find some good parts to build a pc under 450€?

Dr_dog

Would help what stores he would prefer. so we can look from right place.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Shake

I've talked to him and it doesn't really matter. He's on vacations now but when he's back he'll buy the parts to build it. We mostly checked on chiptec (portuguese store)

Dobby

Usually AMD are the best for price to performance ratio (Hey Intel fanboys <3 )
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Clutch

Quote from: turtle.the.ripper on January 16, 2013, 16:25
I'd really LOVE to live in 'Merika .

I will for sure do the Romanian-American University after i finish my highschool and probabilly apply for a job there, but we gonna see what time decides .
Quote from: turtle.the.ripper on January 16, 2013, 21:34
i am 'merikan .

Vinny

Quote from: Clutch on July 05, 2013, 21:14
For me, I'd choose the Corsair Obsidian Series 800d Full Tower case.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139001
He lives in Portugal and unfortunately Newegg only ships to the usa ...
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Supreme

Quote from: Vinny on July 05, 2013, 21:16
Quote from: Clutch on July 05, 2013, 21:14
For me, I'd choose the Corsair Obsidian Series 800d Full Tower case.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139001
He lives in Portugal and unfortunately Newegg only ships to the usa ...

He's trolling and btw he can give link to the item and Shake etc can find it on another website

Shake

Quote from: DobbysGamertag. on July 05, 2013, 20:59
Usually AMD are the best for price to performance ratio (Hey Intel fanboys <3 )

On the website we found there were mostly Intel, and the AMD were low GHz. Intel were like 3.00 GHz.

I'll try to gather some more information with him about the parts, and I'll try to post the specs here.

Our main problem is about finding the right CPU with the right motherboard + the other parts (we already found a good graphic card for a nice price, plus a good case), we haven't found any HDD and stuff like that because that's what we know less about.

EDIT: And yes, as Supreme said, you guys could show me some custom-made pc's and from there I could take note of the parts and we could find it on another portuguese website, that's not a problem

Calvingreen17.

For a good price to performance ratio, you can either select a AMD A6-A8-or A10 APU if he's not gonna be doing hardcore gaming.

If he is, I guess you can go with a FX x35x series processor (like FX4350, 6350, 8350).

And maybe get an AMD Radeon HD 6670, 6770, or 7770.

For the motherboard, if you do happen to get the ones I referred, the APU sockets are FM2 and the FX series sockets are AM3+.

Minimum amount of RAM for most gaming PCs are 8 gigs but it's up to you dude (or your friend).

for the PSU, you might want to go with 500 watts just for assurance.

I cant send you links cause I dont know any Portugese websites or understand Portugese.

Older and wiser

Shake

Quote from: Calvingreen17. on July 06, 2013, 00:22
For a good price to performance ratio, you can either select a AMD A6-A8-or A10 APU if he's not gonna be doing hardcore gaming.

If he is, I guess you can go with a FX x35x series processor (like FX4350, 6350, 8350).

And maybe get an AMD Radeon HD 6670, 6770, or 7770.

For the motherboard, if you do happen to get the ones I referred, the APU sockets are FM2 and the FX series sockets are AM3+.

Minimum amount of RAM for most gaming PCs are 8 gigs but it's up to you dude (or your friend).

for the PSU, you might want to go with 500 watts just for assurance.

I cant send you links cause I dont know any Portugese websites or understand Portugese.

You could just send me an american or whatever website, and I could search those parts in a Portuguese website :P

He's just gonna do normal gaming with me (not like Battlefield 15 with super ultra mega graphics running at 3k fps, just some games like Far Cry, LoL, AC3, etc etc).

About the Graphic card, we actually found a GeForce GT640 2GB for a cheap price, is it good?

While searching I found an AMD FX 6300 Black Edition 3.5GHz 14MB BOX SKAM3+, dunno if that's good or not, I don't know much about AMD.

A case + processor (AMD FX 6300) + GeForce GT640 + 8GB Ram + HDD 1TB = 337,7€.

Am I missing anything?

Shake

Okay, I've missed one thing: the motherboard - the thing that I don't know shit about. There are some motherboard selling for 55€, but I don't know if they can handle the parts properly.

Here's how I built it:

Corsair Value Select 8GB DDR3 1333MHz CAS9
Asus GeForce GT640 2GB DDR3 PCI-E
AMD FX 6300 Black Edition 3.5GHz 14MB BOX SKAM3+
Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATAIII 64MB (6GB/s)

And I saw some motherboards like the
Asus M5A78L LE AMD760G (780L) SKAM3+
or
Asrock 990FX Extreme3 AMD990FX SKAM3+

The second one is a lot more expensive than the 1st one. Can the 1st one handle it? Plus, are the parts good?

Terrorista310

@shake: pt store with fair prices and exelent custumer service, my personal advice, me, friends and tech teachers buy them here

http://www.chiptec.net/

Haz fun yo
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Vinny

Quote from: Shake on July 05, 2013, 20:23
We mostly checked on chiptec (portuguese store)
Quote from: Terrorista310 on July 06, 2013, 01:12
@shake: pt store with fair prices and exelent custumer service, my personal advice, me, friends and tech teachers buy them here

http://www.chiptec.net/

Haz fun yo
Go back to your singer career
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Dr_dog

When buying motherboard check for several things
Cheaper it is, usually lower quality it is.
Future proofing? You might want that 4 slots for ram instead of 2.
Can it support new hardware when it comes?
does the N/B have any heatsink on it?
Does it have enough SATA ports for current use and later upgrades
Does it have enough USB ports?
Think what you might need in future from motherboard and go with it.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Dobby

Quote from: Dr_dog on July 06, 2013, 01:28
When buying motherboard check for several things
Cheaper it is, usually lower quality it is.
Future proofing? You might want that 4 slots for ram instead of 2.
does the N/B have any heatsink on it?
Does it have enough SATA ports for current use and later upgrades
Does it have enough USB ports?
Think what you might need in future from motherboard and go with it.

Is there really a such thing as "Future proofing" a PC these days?.

Thats a big point, i'd check online for "tech rumours" about upcoming/future CPU's and what socket they're going to be on. The same for RAM. Make sure you get the best Mhz for your money for the performance.

I'd get a couple of old hard drives (if your motherboard allows it) and get the raid setup on the go :D
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!