/ignore

Started by Lindsey, June 11, 2013, 21:43

Lindsey

Players need the ability to /ignore other players, block them completely out of the chat.

Thus any flaming directed at once person can easily be blocked out, and no flame war will happen.

It will avoid seemingly innocent players getting into arguments that cause them to get in more trouble than those attacking them.

It's hard to do, but i've seen it used on another server.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Dobby

Quote from: Lindsey on June 11, 2013, 21:43
Players need the ability to /ignore other players, block them completely out of the chat.

Thus any flaming directed at once person can easily be blocked out, and no flame war will happen.

It will avoid seemingly innocent players getting into arguments that cause them to get in more trouble than those attacking them.

Would be useful :) +1 there's a few players i'd like to add to /ignore.

Won't it require a restructure of the chat though?
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Konali

Quote from: Konali on October 07, 2011, 11:22
I think ignoring people would be tricky, because it comes with certain problems.
When someones realises that hes being /ignore'd it will probably will make him even more angry, since this is a community with alot of underage players the ignored ones will most probably, stalk you ,  ram you and so on.

Also when u are not able to see the ''original'' chat, misunderstandings could be easily made and since u dont have have the ''original'' chatlog, u could not provide information incase , you where being reported or you needed the 'original'' chatlog.

And dont forget that Staff will see everything so if u where being rammed and u ramm back and he shouts in the main chat ID 12 rammer, we will only see u ramming, because his intentions where to provoke u to ram him, shout it in main chat, and u will be punished. When u had see him shouting in main chat, u would most likely stopped ramming.

I think this is not something that has a high priority, and in the end using ur brain would help alot to ignore people and show ur maturity. Just simply dont respond to the person or ask admins to interfere.

old reply from previous /ignore suggestions:)
I still stand by it:)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Ethan

Quote from: Konali on June 11, 2013, 22:15

Quote from: Konali on October 07, 2011, 11:22
I think ignoring people would be tricky, because it comes with certain problems.
When someones realises that hes being /ignore'd it will probably will make him even more angry, since this is a community with alot of underage players the ignored ones will most probably, stalk you ,  ram you and so on.

Also when u are not able to see the ''original'' chat, misunderstandings could be easily made and since u dont have have the ''original'' chatlog, u could not provide information incase , you where being reported or you needed the 'original'' chatlog.

And dont forget that Staff will see everything so if u where being rammed and u ramm back and he shouts in the main chat ID 12 rammer, we will only see u ramming, because his intentions where to provoke u to ram him, shout it in main chat, and u will be punished. When u had see him shouting in main chat, u would most likely stopped ramming.

I think this is not something that has a high priority, and in the end using ur brain would help alot to ignore people and show ur maturity. Just simply dont respond to the person or ask admins to interfere.

old reply from previous /ignore suggestions:)
I still stand by it:)

* Ethan puts Konali on his /gnore list XD

TheSandman

Im sort of against this suggestion.
Im not attacking you Lindsey, but you of all people should be able to handle some people who just hurl insults and other stupid shit at you.
Being (imo), the most popular female to ever play on CT, achieving administrator rank, i thought you'd be able to ignore people by yourself when stuff is said.
Having people attack you when you were staff, you dealt with it fairly well, people still say you abused (which you didnt).

Its an 15+ rated game (in AU), its basically the same as punishments as "noob", and "gay". Its assumed adults/mature people will play here, if nobody can ignore people when things are said...then you should probably mature up a little.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Supreme

I would say yes, but after reading Konali's statement it's a no. -1

Rahail

Many people's call "no lifer" "you play alot" etc.. But I just ignore them and stay quiet.

Bruno_2MLG4CT

I am doing it without this command.

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

sardarji

There r ppl which hate u and wanna disturb u.....
Just ignore them. If they insult or say something bad,report them :)

so -1

Winkle

For my opinion we don't need this, cmon this is 18+ ages game, maybe there could be some immature peoples trolling/derespecting, /report is there for a reason, leave samp if you can't handle something.

Terrorista310

You abused players one year ago when you here admin, now you dont have power, crying to the admins, deal with it.
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

MeTaLiXx

Quote from: Lindsey on June 11, 2013, 21:43

Lindsey just Use /clearchat .___." (that works)
[hide=Old Signature]
[hide= Ingame Stats]
[/hide]
[/hide]

MeTaLiXx

or press F7 & disabled Chat :)
[hide=Old Signature]
[hide= Ingame Stats]
[/hide]
[/hide]

Calvingreen17.

I agree with this. Plus 1

Older and wiser

Lindsey

Quote from: TheSandman on June 12, 2013, 04:16
Im sort of against this suggestion.
Im not attacking you Lindsey, but you of all people should be able to handle some people who just hurl insults and other stupid shit at you.
Being (imo), the most popular female to ever play on CT, achieving administrator rank, i thought you'd be able to ignore people by yourself when stuff is said.
Having people attack you when you were staff, you dealt with it fairly well, people still say you abused (which you didnt).

Its an 15+ rated game (in AU), its basically the same as punishments as "noob", and "gay". Its assumed adults/mature people will play here, if nobody can ignore people when things are said...then you should probably mature up a little.

I can but i shouldn't have to put up with it. It would be simple to have /ignore command check if admin level is 1-2-3-4 surely? if yes - command fail

(jr mod, mod, admin, dev)

I hate having to listen to annoying kids when i want to come online for fun, whether i am able to deal with it or not isn't the issue, it still makes you feel really shit having to deal with it.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]