News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

WOT World of tanks thread

Started by Konali, June 06, 2013, 20:04

Fox_Cub

World of tanks is a good game.
There is a best tank out there for everyone!
Mine is and seems to always be the T-26, A tiny tank but seems the best for me.
http://imgur.com/DKHKd3E,4Jgq2ST#0
This is a screenshot of what I can do in a T-26

http://imgur.com/DKHKd3E,4Jgq2ST#1
This one is just for fun, Changed what my crew look like. So to me my tank is crewed by me, and 3 other friends! ( I have to be the commander always!  :P )

Rainbow

Hmm.. Seems after patch 8.6 no one likes having SPG on their team.. Past couple games right at the start, people are saying "Oh great a SPG..." Sure.. As a SPG user, I don't get out there in the middle of the battlefield next to you, but when you are taking fire and hiding behind a building or can't quite hit the target cause you are at a bad angle, you will be happy to have me on the team.. :P

On another note.. Why am I being matched up with tier 3 tanks when I am using tier 2 and some times tier 1 tanks? :/

Ethan

i still to this day dont know what to do on this game except survive battles

Rainbow

Quote from: Ethan on June 28, 2013, 03:39

Eh.. I'm starting to slowly drift away from it.. There just does not seem to be strategy.. Seeing as you can't see any enemys until they are within your field of range.. and even when they are, there is the factor of camo and bush that counter your effective range.. I wish tanks would pop up on your map whenever they shot at least. I understand why they made the spotting system like this, to counter hacks and stuff.. But at the same time, it impacts the player interest.. On a second note: Wargaming has stated several times they have a playerbase of 60 million players (might be 60 million registered) Yet the most I ever see online is 25k? Is the game just not popular in north america? (us east)

And, why must all the tier 2 tanks have horrendous field of range >_< I don't have enough experience or money to upgrade anymore...

Matias

Quote from: Rainbow on June 28, 2013, 04:08
Quote from: Ethan on June 28, 2013, 03:39

Eh.. I'm starting to slowly drift away from it.. There just does not seem to be strategy.. Seeing as you can't see any enemys until they are within your field of range.. and even when they are, there is the factor of camo and bush that counter your effective range.. I wish tanks would pop up on your map whenever they shot at least. I understand why they made the spotting system like this, to counter hacks and stuff.. But at the same time, it impacts the player interest.. On a second note: Wargaming has stated several times they have a playerbase of 60 million players (might be 60 million registered) Yet the most I ever see online is 25k? Is the game just not popular in north america? (us east)

And, why must all the tier 2 tanks have horrendous field of range >_< I don't have enough experience or money to upgrade anymore...

I got it today, played some battles, not bad but gets boring, you cant see where are the tanks, they can see you and kill in 2 shots but you cant, it gets annoying. Even if you see them, you cant kill they as fast as they do with you. It also gets boring because everyone seems to do whatever they want without an strategy. And the difference in the sizes of  the tanks makes it not look so real :/
I will stick to Battlefield 3, where i can see the tanks shotting at me from really far distances and people actually seems to be stickied to a common objective. :D

Calvingreen17.

Well at the time of this post, I'm only downloading the game but my nickname will be richman_in_poverty.

Older and wiser

Dr_dog

Because some of their tank saw you from distance. whole team then sees you.
The whole reason behind of tanks being hidden when not spotted is that the unfair-fire (artillery) cant just own every game and blow up everything while they are still at their bases. Your team needs a spotter that will do suicide run around the map to enemy side and spot most of the tanks so others can shoot them.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Ethan

one problem I see is that the tank gets seen but then it goes away as if you spot it but dont kill it... if an enemy tank gets spotted (by anyone) I think it should stay exposed to everyone so we all have a same chance to destroy it..  and rainbow, you should join our calvary we have... Nate, Moondog, and me so far

Nate

Quote from: Dr_dog on June 28, 2013, 06:31
The whole reason behind of tanks being hidden when not spotted is that the unfair-fire (artillery) cant just own every game and blow up everything while they are still at their bases. Your team needs a spotter that will do suicide run around the map to enemy side and spot most of the tanks so others can shoot them.

This, The T-50 and T-50-2 are the BEST scouts in the game right now. I have the t-50, it does I think 60 or 65 km/h up hills and everything, I just run circles and zig zags around the opponents heavy tanks :P
New (newer) laptop specs[spoiler]Laptop: Acer Aspire v3-571g-6602
Cpu: i5 2450M 2.5 GHz (3.1 GHz Boost)
Gpu: Nvidia GT 630m 2gb
Ram: 8gb dual channel DDR3 1600mhz
HDD: 500gb
[/spoiler]

Spekter

Quote from: Rainbow on June 28, 2013, 03:38
Hmm.. Seems after patch 8.6 no one likes having SPG on their team.. Past couple games right at the start, people are saying "Oh great a SPG..." Sure.. As a SPG user, I don't get out there in the middle of the battlefield next to you, but when you are taking fire and hiding behind a building or can't quite hit the target cause you are at a bad angle, you will be happy to have me on the team.. :P

On another note.. Why am I being matched up with tier 3 tanks when I am using tier 2 and some times tier 1 tanks? :/

SPG's became pretty harmless after the 8.6 update, because they miss 80% of the time, and their rates of fire have been decreased for a half in most cases. So now, i'm not sure wheter i will be happy to have an SPG on the team, since what usually happens is that you see a HE shell fall next to the enemy right before he pierces you. :)

About matchmaking, tier 2 is supposed to meet tier 3 tanks, just like tier 3 is supposed to meet tiers 4 and 5. However, tier 1 will never meet tier 3 tanks unless you are in a platoon with a tier 2 or higher tank.

Quote from: Matias. on June 28, 2013, 04:28

I got it today, played some battles, not bad but gets boring, you cant see where are the tanks, they can see you and kill in 2 shots but you cant, it gets annoying. Even if you see them, you cant kill they as fast as they do with you. It also gets boring because everyone seems to do whatever they want without an strategy. And the difference in the sizes of  the tanks makes it not look so real :/
I will stick to Battlefield 3, where i can see the tanks shotting at me from really far distances and people actually seems to be stickied to a common objective. :D

You can, you just gotta know how. :)
You probably couldn't see them because they were hidden in the bushes, and in that case you are pretty much dead if you go too far. What you need to do is move carefully with your teammates, never alone, and try to detect them, while being ready to return fire and get to cover.

That is something you can't know after a battle or two, it needs time. After couple of dozen battles, you will start to know some things about the game, like how far can you go ahead without getting detected on certain maps, the best sniping positions, flank routes, weak spots on certain tanks, angling your armor so you can bounce enemy shots etc. etc.

If you gave the game a real chance, you would start understanding it better and therefore liking it more. :)

Spekter

Quote from: Nate on June 28, 2013, 14:32
Quote from: Dr_dog on June 28, 2013, 06:31

This, The T-50 and T-50-2 are the BEST scouts in the game right now. I have the t-50, it does I think 60 or 65 km/h up hills and everything, I just run circles and zig zags around the opponents heavy tanks :P

Don't discard the ELC AMX. It might not have a traversable turret, but it's really fast and has a fearsome 90mm gun which can bring pain to even tier 9 tanks.

Also, it's more versatile than the T-50 scouts, since you can snipe effectively with in tier 7, and sometimes tier 8 games.

Calvingreen17.

Ethan I see what you mean, I havent killed anything yet without getting sniped by artillery.

It's still addictive xd

Older and wiser

Konali

video doesnt seem to work so thats why a link:D: http://www.dutchreloaded.nl/showthread.php?t=3016&p=21504#post21504
@ nate your beloved t-50-2 gets replaced by another tank:)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Spekter

Quote from: Konali on June 29, 2013, 00:33
video doesnt seem to work so thats why a link:D: http://www.dutchreloaded.nl/showthread.php?t=3016&p=21504#post21504

Link doesn't work either  :biggrin:
What was it about anyways?

Konali

Quote from: Sveki on June 29, 2013, 01:01
Quote from: Konali on June 29, 2013, 00:33

Link doesn't work either  :biggrin:
What was it about anyways?
New tanks, new map, map changes and total new SPG line for UK, t-50-2 gets removed and more.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.