News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

New host

Started by mick88, April 26, 2013, 00:29

Dennis_McCat

if i have access to this forum, so i'm a VIP, right?
i can't join the server anyway :/

Hobo

Quote from: Dennis_Mc_Rip on April 28, 2013, 21:19
if i have access to this forum, so i'm a VIP, right?
i can't join the server anyway :/
It is for active VIP only right now.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Dennis_McCat

gnaaah :/ okay :( do you know when will normal players be allowed to play?

Hobo

Quote from: Dennis_Mc_Rip on April 28, 2013, 21:24
gnaaah :/ okay :( do you know when will normal players be allowed to play?
I'd guess sometime this week but I have no idea.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Lindsey

I was going to buy vip so i could play but judging from the replies it'll probably just be pointless anyway :D I'll wait till the server is...better :)
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Bruno_2MLG4CT

Quote from: Lindsey on April 28, 2013, 21:52
I was going to buy vip so i could play but judging from the replies it'll probably just be pointless anyway :D I'll wait till the server is...better :)
Yes, since the record is 15 players online in one time.

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

mick88

Sorry guys I didn't have the time to test the new host myself. What is your experience so far?
Forum is linked to the new host database since yesterday.
Server is hosted in America, but I will move it to Europe when I find a way. I know amazon has servers in EU, but couldn't find them at the time, for some reason my location defaulted to US.

@Joshy thanks for the suggestion.

bazingashane0

Quote from: mick88 on April 29, 2013, 10:42
Sorry guys I didn't have the time to test the new host myself. What is your experience so far?
Server is hosted in America, but I will move it to Europe when I find a way. I know amazon has servers in EU, but couldn't find them at the time, for some reason my location defaulted to US.

@Joshy thanks for the suggestion.
Out of curiousity why do you want to move it back to Europe ? Most players haven't had any complaints since the server was moved to America including the European playerbase so I don't know the reason to move it if it's stable at the current location.

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

TheSandman

I like it so far. Despite the occasional server wide desync every 10-15 minutes, and the spiking pings, (i average 260, noticed it jump to 280-330 not very often.)
If its ok, i wouldnt mind saying that it would be ok if we tested your other choice, (ColorHost), if possible, just to get a comparison between web servers, and a gameserver, tuned to the actual game.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Bruno_2MLG4CT

We had great experience. Yes, it is great. About the moving host in Europe, nah. Everyone has a bit higher ping, little laggy, but everyone are able to play, Europeans and Australians. While it was hosted in Europe, Australians wasn't able to link 1 hour straight of play. So now none is complaining. Also if you didn't saw my suggestion in staff board, let me suggest you again here. Freeze all houses because it's unfair for those who are not VIP but want to buy house. There are clearly stated what are the advantages of being VIP. There is nowhere about a support server when the main is here. Yes, I understand you let VIPs to test to have more players testing, but houses should be frozen in my opinion.

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

Benny

I like it, its way better, much faster.
But i think we should keep it where it is untill we won't have problems there(i hope that we won't).

Btw in server info it still says that we are hosted by Volt Host.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Dobby

My experience from me being on:

Sometime's i get a bit of chatlag. Like i'll type a message, it'll take 1 or 2 seconds to appear in the chatbox. Ask an admin, i'm not desynced :o . Commands seem to execute normally though, so i can't complain. Just a reccomendation, keep it where it currently is, there's players like TheSandman and other Aussie's that'll get high pings, timeouts, and desyncs. The EU's that complain about ping difference know nothing ;) they think having an extra 100 or so ping is a bad thing :P

Also, as benny said, if you go onto convoytrucking.net, look at server info, it still says Hosted by Volt Host.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

mick88

I proposed moving to Europe because that's where server originated from and where most of our players are. But I guess it's up to players. We will stay in the US if you like that.

Matias

Now that server is at america by some reason im getting 260 ping like if it were hosted at Europe. But its performance is the best so far. Some little lags every once, not that common but makes you think you are about to desync :P
The host is good, please dont move it to europe. Now the ping is fair for everyone.

sorin

Quote from: mick88 on April 29, 2013, 16:05
I proposed moving to Europe because that's where server originated from and where most of our players are. But I guess it's up to players. We will stay in the US if you like that.
For manny of us the ping is above 200 , and in Europa was below :) , but for me works fine.