News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

computer help

Started by Kyle, February 16, 2013, 23:48

Kyle

lately I've been really unsatisfied with my laptop it runs games good, but its not the best, most games run really poorly on it. 
I am going to buy a desktop but i cant afford to buy a straight forward gaming pc. I would like to buy a fully assembled low cost pc and then add more ram and change the processor.

could u guys post some links un some low cost upgradable computers?

thanks in advance ;) :OK:

$nake

Hmm.. try to clean up your PC with:
- Cloud System Booster
- PrivaZer
- CCleaner
all 3 will help for sure :)

then install light antivirus like avast! :P

DJ_Smashon

I suggest building one from scratch.

But cheap and gaming pc doesn't match so well.
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

Dobby

What would you class as "low cost" give us a price range, and I'll have a look :)

Intel: solid cpu's that do the job, usually quicker rendering, encoding etc.

AMD: more or less a good processor, they just tend to fail (apparently)my friend has an AMD and it hasn't failed him yet.

AMD/Nvidia: for the gpu's, most 3rd party gpu's come with a fan. My Palit GeForce 210 has one (its 3rd party)my friends ATI Radeon 5450 has a heatsink. They're usually the most expensive after the CPU.

Motherboards: usually tend to be cheap, depends what you want to go for? More ram capacity usually costs more, and recent socket type mo'bo's cost extra. I've seen one for £55 with a socket 1155 (intel i3,i5, and i7 socket)

Ram: cheap as chips, the most I'd pay is £50 for 16GB. "Crucial" is a good website to look on.

Hard Drive: use your old laptop HD :) it works sometimes, I've seen a PC with an old sky+ HDD in it.

Other: mouse, keyboard speakers etc, usually cost around £5 per item, I didn't spend anymore than £20 on all of mine, I don't have a problem with them, the mouse is sensetive and the keyboard allows 5 buttons to be pushed at once.

Monitor, got a flat screen TV? Use that :) or around £100 for a decent one.

Case: around £50 depending on the size, ATX/MicroATX etc. Mine cost £45 (CIT Mars RED)

Sorry for the essay :) hope it helped you
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Rockey

Seriously bro this makes it sooooo easy and cheap. You could upgrade this slightly if you could stretch your budget...