Forum rep

Started by Nate, January 17, 2013, 04:25

Nate

I have a suggestion to incorporate forum "rep" onto the CT forum. The reason i see this as necessary is because when someone posts something good and you agree, the common thing to do now is to quote it, and the next person to quote you quoting the original author ,etc.

Anyway it could come in handy in really any one of the boards on here. If someone posts an interesting news article in the Off-Topic section you could say "hey that's interesting! thanks for posting" simply by clicking a thumbs up. Or, in the suggestions forum it can be used to neatly organize a vote count on every suggestion. The list goes on and on, mod showroom, etc.

The second part of the system besides having a thumbs up or thumbs down would be to have a "rep" counter for all the members under their avatar and personal text.

I've seen this on other forums and it's worked quite nicely.
New (newer) laptop specs[spoiler]Laptop: Acer Aspire v3-571g-6602
Cpu: i5 2450M 2.5 GHz (3.1 GHz Boost)
Gpu: Nvidia GT 630m 2gb
Ram: 8gb dual channel DDR3 1600mhz
HDD: 500gb
[/spoiler]

Matias

I dont know if this can be done since it needs scripts, joshy can confirm if this can be done or not. By the way nice suggestion.

Storm94

This is what the cookie system is. Its SMF's "karma" system that has been renamed to say "cookies" rather than "karma"

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.

Joshy

Quote from: Storm94 on January 17, 2013, 05:50
This is what the cookie system is. Its SMF's "karma" system that has been renamed to say "cookies" rather than "karma"
Exactly, except it's been modded a little so that cookies can't be stolen.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

mamorunl

I take it that you got this idea from the official SA:MP forums. As I am a moderator there, I know exactly how bad that reputation system is. So a huge -1 from me. The cookie system is way better

DJ_Smashon

Cookies is enough and it's a sort of rep system.
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

Don_James

Quote from: DJ_Smashon on January 17, 2013, 13:41
Cookies is enough and it's a sort of rep system.

Like what he said. :P

[Hide=In Game Stats]

Ethan

Quote from: mamorunl on January 17, 2013, 10:48
I take it that you got this idea from the official SA:MP forums.

most forums have a system like this and its not only in the SAMP forum

Supreme

Quote from: Ethan on January 17, 2013, 14:01
I take it that you got this idea from the official SA:MP forums.

most forums have a system like this and its not only in the SAMP forum

reddit

also -1

Ethan

any forum ran by SMF or in the format, has it...

Matias

I think he means to rate the topics, not give cookies to players.
He means to thumb up or thumb down topics to let people know its interesting. That's how i understood it.

Anri

rep mode is a good idea. I'm part of another forum which uses this mode and it works perfectly, there don't exist quotes like this
Quoteblablablablabla joke or nice staff
and the reply
Quotehahhahaahahhaahahhahaha
clearly a pointless post just to spam.

If you like a post just rep the member. The 'rep mode' will show us the most helpfull members of this forum !
So +1 from me :P
Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

Nate

Quote from: Storm94 on January 17, 2013, 05:50

This is false. The cookie system is not in any way the same as the rep system. with the cookie system you can only anonymously grant someone a cookie, the rep system would allow all users to see who gave a positive or a negative rep via a drop down menu. the cookie system does not allow you to give someone a "negative cookie" so to speak for something you strongly disagree with, while the rep system as mentioned before allow a user to both positively rep and negatively rep.

I take it that you got this idea from the official SA:MP forums. As I am a moderator there, I know exactly how bad that reputation system is. So a huge -1 from me. The cookie system is way better

I've been on SA:MP forums an accumulative 5-10 times, and haven't been there in well over a year. Furthermore, all SMF forums can have this rep system so if you are implying that the SA:MP forum created this idea you are wrong. Sidenote: this is not intended to replace the cookie system, rather work in collaboration alongside it.

Quote from: Matias. on January 17, 2013, 14:42
I think he means to rate the topics, not give cookies to players.
He means to thumb up or thumb down topics to let people know its interesting. That's how i understood it.

Matias out of all the people here you are one of the few i think actually understand the proposal. Yes it is for topics only, but also includes any replies to topics.

Quote from: Anri on January 17, 2013, 15:50
If you like a post just rep the member. The 'rep mode' will show us the most helpfull members of this forum !
So +1 from me :P

Again yes. It shows the people who have helped other players in the Help Board because if you have a problem with gta:sa not working and someone replies with the right solution, you would thank them by giving them a thumbs up and a cookie.
New (newer) laptop specs[spoiler]Laptop: Acer Aspire v3-571g-6602
Cpu: i5 2450M 2.5 GHz (3.1 GHz Boost)
Gpu: Nvidia GT 630m 2gb
Ram: 8gb dual channel DDR3 1600mhz
HDD: 500gb
[/spoiler]

Supra

is this the same as liking a comment on facebook? :o

Matias

Quote from: Supra on January 17, 2013, 20:24
is this the same as liking a comment on facebook? :o

Something like that. What he means is if there can be a button to thank a player for his reply or his topic to let it now to everyone that topic is interesting or tell anyone that the topic helped him to solve the problem he was searching for.